Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wait, there are other uses for ARC than redeeming codes? No seriously, why would you start the game through a chinese steam clone if you can do it without...
Just start if you want to redeem a code and leave it alone otherwise. Disable autostart!

Wild Slop

Arcane
There's a good plan.

I don't really know the finer points of what this "steam clone" does or could do is all. I play Hearthstone too a little and it has some B-net launcher hoop that loads up first where it lists a library of other Blizzard games. So if it is along these same lines maybe it isn't so bad.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Installed ARC only to test promo codes. Main install was through steam but I found that the .exe in the install directory ( Steam\steamapps\common\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe ) will go to the launcher without throwing up steam. So I changed my handy NWO shortcut.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Now we can maybe get 5 people to run something.
I'd like that. So far I've been soloing and PUGing.
That was fine for the "extended" tutorial but today I tried the epic mindflayer dungeon with a PUG. All noobs like me, some better equipped but some worse. Long story short: Took us 2 hours to reach the hivemind. Then it tentacle raped us. (Actually we tried staying in the safe regions but we simply couldn't handle the adds and were always overwhelmed by the 3-4th wave.) After wiping a few times and only managing to take one tick off the boss we decided to quit. While two of the others at least got an epic item out of the mini bosses, I just burned through 60% of my health potions and a few injury kits... :/
I'd expect to do better with you guys.

Gerrard

Arcane
Apparently there's a double RP weekend THIS WEEKEND as well.

Also, I did a 5GF CN with some dudes, was pretty fun.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
4) Loan Sloppy's Alchemy stuff in order to unlock 100% speed bonus and Rank 3 result slots
could you please explain further?
Basically, Professions slots are unlocked via various means. There are two tricky slots that need better stuff than normal, but which can theoretically be acquired very early on. These are the slots unlocked by completing an assignment with 100% speed bonus (given by personnel) and another with Rank 3 result (a % chance influenced by tools).

Wild Slop is our guy for unlocking both of these at the earliest convenience. He's in possession of a set of Alchemy profession personnel and tools which can be used to quickly acquire both the 100% speed bonus slot (easy), and the Rank 3 result slot (takes a little bit of luck). Naturally you'll give the tools and dudes back once you're done.

Speaking of which, there is one kind of loot that you should pick up when leveling: Any non-healing potions. Pick em up, hoard them, dump them in the Guild Vault. See, potions are used to level Alchemy. Having a huge stash of these beforehand saves a lot of time. Healing potions are obtained en masse at whim, but other potions are only drops or crafted, and since they drop in lower level content it's better for people doing leveling to hoard them and dump them in the Vault.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Level your alchemy to 3 for each of your guys so you pass them around once I loan. Send me an email in game so I can hit reply.

The earliest Alchemy project that gets your '100% speed bonus unlock' slot is Lv 2 "Mass Simple Vite Extraction" (maybe the gather one as well?) and for that you need ether 2 purples or 4 blues workers.

The earliest Alchemy project that can get you the 'T3 Result bonus unlock' slot is one of the Lv 3 'Batch of Minor ______ potion' ones (I think). But these are among those only possible in rare blue projects at the top of the list. They get refreshed and replaced every hour so it might take a little time before luck finds it available during whenever you are playing.
Depending on how active you are this could take a few days per character and on top of that even with all top gear you might get a lesser T2 result and have to give it another go.
There are other rare batch projects at higher levels so if you can't seem to catch a break with the Lv 3 one keep leveling up to increase your odds.

Of course your first 3 slots should always be plugging away at leadership.
A little while ago in game I said to one of the new players I would loan out at a later time but for whatever reason that was my alchemy stuff is freed up enough that I can loan out whenever.
I think I was focusing all my alchemy stuff towards getting my Warlock to Lv 20 and with the other characters making alchemy stuff that would speed it along. I can't remember now.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Then it tentacle raped us. I'd expect to do better with you guys.
Don't feel bad. When I did the dungeon, I got tentacle raped as well. Or Captain Quagmire kicked me of the ledge. Or I jumped into the goo thinking "it doesn't affect NPCs, so i am safe in there, right?".
Good news is: Fappy and the horny devil finshed it alone, with Sloppy making an important face (wasn't much more he COULD do before GFs got love). Which means it will be a walk in the park now. Probably. Most likely.
Valiiiiiiindra on the other hand... :argh:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Yeah well. When I did it on normal the first time I also got tentacle raped. Together with two others. We then "watched" (Didn't actually "see" anything, which is also why I never actually saw how it's done. I just know the safe area and to keep away from the tentacles.) as our priest and ranger whittled it down by themselves... Made me feel real special and important. Bioware style special :/

Anyway, I just did the tier 6 Gauntlgrym dungeon. And the others just ran by hordes of golems. I was completely confused and first tried to run with them until I saw ~30 golems on one place and said: "Fuck that". I then spent my time hacking away at single golems and running like a sissi when more than 4 focused on me.
We still won and all, but it took ages because we didn't concentrate on taking out small groups one at a time. Was the PUG just a bunch of morons or is there something I'm missing?

4) Loan Sloppy's Alchemy stuff in order to unlock 100% speed bonus and Rank 3 result slots
could you please explain further?
Basically, Professions slots are unlocked via various means. There are two tricky slots that need better stuff than normal, but which can theoretically be acquired very early on. These are the slots unlocked by completing an assignment with 100% speed bonus (given by personnel) and another with Rank 3 result (a % chance influenced by tools).

Wild Slop is our guy for unlocking both of these at the earliest convenience. He's in possession of a set of Alchemy profession personnel and tools which can be used to quickly acquire both the 100% speed bonus slot (easy), and the Rank 3 result slot (takes a little bit of luck). Naturally you'll give the tools and dudes back once you're done.

Speaking of which, there is one kind of loot that you should pick up when leveling: Any non-healing potions. Pick em up, hoard them, dump them in the Guild Vault. See, potions are used to level Alchemy. Having a huge stash of these beforehand saves a lot of time. Healing potions are obtained en masse at whim, but other potions are only drops or crafted, and since they drop in lower level content it's better for people doing leveling to hoard them and dump them in the Vault.

thank you for the explanation but it's not needed anymore.
tonight gooks broke into my account and stole everything barely valuable.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Sheeet. What happened?

In other new I had said that I was going to start buying up some zen so I could be ready to strike come time any possible Christmas sales...

Well, I got 3500 from what AD my Warlock was holding and looking at that big pile and seeing the key sale I did something nobody it their mind should do: I bought keys, 10 pack. Then worse yet, I opened boxes.
"I'll just open 2, err make that 5" I told myself. I really meant it though. 5 was limit then sell rest to recoup a small amount of losses.

5th box : http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Token_of_Chromatic_Storm

Max rank too.

Here I wanted to post screen shot , I did a PrintScreen but nothing came up in gimp. Too bad.

I froze here admiring the win. I wonder now if I should have frantically opened more to try to get that whatever those multi-win guys get sometimes. Maybe that was just with the Rust box?
I ended up using the rest of the keys after, I think I had the gambler's high.

Now I see the lowest ask price at auction is 8.8 million. Tasty.
The question is: Should I give to my Warlock? I can't decide right now and may need a few days how best to exploit this windfall.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I say wait for a while. Unless those things drop like candy, you might be able to get 20 mil for it.

It's not like you'd ever replace the Cleric artifact anyway.

eklektyk

Erudite
i use clerics art on almost all my farms ... its that good

but now im wondering if its worth it to go for that lathander belt [since it goes with lath art from dr and all that ... its not stellar as stats go but 1 Con cant be bad right? ]

Wild Slop

Arcane
Yes. I am eying the Lathander set for my Guard, partly because I have the eye. It be +2 CON and +2 DEX at max rank (Fat chance getting there anytime soon).

The Seldarine set looks nice too what with all that life steal, deflect and such. But Seldarine is DEX and CHA so probably not. Also I don't like the thought of replacing what artifacts he has unless for a damn good reason.

Forgoing the artifact set bonus for the straight +4 CON (at max rank) belt is worth considering for me as well. Uhh that set bonus is mighty helpful though.

Sheeet. What happened?
2:47 am, it's been registered by the astral diamonds exchange history. all my toons have been accessed, moved their astral diamonds into a single one and then all the diamonds and the valuable items disappeared.
next time maybe even the equipped items could be salvaged. because i'm sure there'll be a next time when chinks are involved.

Gerrard

Arcane
Did you contact support for rollback?
Also, did you change your password and checked your email for some outside access?

yes, yes and yes.
no external access from anywhere else.

i'm pretty paranoid about internet security, not even my best friend knows any of my passwords and i often scan my computer with malwarebytes and avira.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom