Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Norfleet

BiS means "Best in Slot", as people like to brag about having the best available item in every slot. You know the type...
It's not so much about bragging as it is having a standard for reference. You have Best in Slot, aka "Standard", and "filler trash".

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Drake Pens is fairly difficult to any class except GWF (Prison is harder), however I still handle it fairly well with my SW.

The main problem is that people are obsessed with BiS instead of actually learning how a class works best. And they are probably using Dreadtheft without thinking of the mobility sacrifice.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
You should've asked before dropping 50K on the key, because the rewards for that dungeon are shit, and it's pretty long too.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hey, the other "key" to the Fey Dark actually opened a portal. To an area that I can now visit any time. I only realized that this was a "one time" dungeon entrance when it was too late. :oops: (I still can't wrap my head around this shitty concept.)

Still no reason not to go ;) (And while it's crap if those 50k were basically wasted, it's not like that's more than you make in a day or two ;) )

Gerrard

Arcane
NJzAEe0.png

:drink:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well done! Now repeat it another 4 times! Or do you get more than one item per defeat?

In other news: Cleric is now officially OP. I decided to ask the prison warden for his opinion on that and...
Holy Potato!
I only had to use two potions because I accidently slipped off the shift key. No daily power needed. And my equipment is pretty crappy compared to others.

Go team Cleric. Yay!
:salute:

eklektyk

Erudite
shamefur brofist harvesting attempt

yeah that one is hard to get good team setup and coordination

i tried this one with my rogue and failed miserably [spawn on heads is so short and dmg done to them by mmi indignificant :) ]
still got nice loot for being 13th in a failed team - bag for 20 more lootz for my trouble - quite nice

Gerrard

Arcane
There's pretty much no point in completing the final tasks in the campaign. You can buy the keys from Zen store for less than 30K (vs 20K for the campaign one), the treasures are only to complete the "Rewards for the hoard" quest, and they take resources you could be saving up for the boons. You also need the favors to get the offhand or cloaks.

Vaarna_Aarne

Seemed the same to me.

And you can also buy the treasures off the Bazaar too.

I need to do a calc to see if the two previous Tomes are down in price yet, given that it's easier to just pay 970k for Dragon Relics to get the required items for buying one off the greedy dwarf.

Gerrard

Arcane
I also like how they killed all the old dungeons with Tiamat giving out T2 gear and dragons in WoD giving out T1. Everything is dirt cheap.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, I don't see that necessarily being a Bad Thing (tm). Personally, I think anything that reduces the gearing rat race is a good thing. Kill it all I say!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So... before I start opening my potatosack again, do I get this right:

The cat costs 800k potatos

while

The Ioun Potato of Allure costs 1200 Cybershekelz (~600k potatos) AND it comes with a speshul rune on top.

So I spent over 200k potatos extra (cat was more expensive) for the privilege of having a hairy pussy?
:badnews:

In other news: killed Tiamat twice in a row yesterday. Boooooring!
I helped by not standing in the way. Go me!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If I don't spent another shitload of potatos I would only have access to the first two equipment slots, right? So the ioun's icon slot wouldn't even be a problem.
While I like the cat's witty comments, I think I'll go with the Crooked Ioun Bee of Allure this time.
250000 potatos... seriously, what was I thinking?

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally I'm so much of a barbie-playing faggot that I pick between cat and stone based on whether the class has magic.

eklektyk

Erudite
i totaly forgot about cats when was buyin last 2 stones for wizords ... besides i like that thers no companion getin in my way :) [i know i know cat is immune and all that :) ]

and gratz on killin that tiamat thingie ...need to go and try that more someday i guess

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The only thing gratz worthy is the fact that I got lucky when getting placed in a competent instance. Since we were grouped when zoning (and being distributed to different instances), I missed the grouping phase. All I could do was run to the head with the highest hp left and work my magic. Or lack of. Yay for group experience!

I am also convinced that my cat killed the prison warden the first time, since I wasn't anywhere near him when he died! (okay he might have bled to death, but I like the hero-cat version more)
If they were equally priced, I would go for the cat in a heartbeat. But 200k extra is a little to steep for me. I just have to avoid falling. And getting hit. Need to buy a soulforged as well, so the saved potatos will be well spend.

Vaarna_Aarne

So should one contribute to the Hoard thing at all, or just go kill Tiamat? Send coffers to new alts that clear the rep, or save up for Contributing?

Gerrard

Arcane
You get Linu's favor for 1500 points, and it completes the weekly quest as well by contributing coffers to it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Linu's favor is that red dragon scale-ish item right? Tiamat gets zerged so fast these days, I wouldn't waste my precious dragon coins on the hoard.
You always get one for beating her, even if you spend the whole fight watching "server not responding", not being able to move away from the campfire or being dead forever, because the "release" prompt has 5 mins lag.
Like me yesterday. Strange enough I could watch the whole fight in realtime. Then my movement backlog was executed and i ran in a straight line from the campfire into the chasm.

The whole thing had prime comedy qualities if it weren't so sad.
If I had mad photochop skills I would make an awsome comic out if it. Meh.

all i need to know is: do u need to dump all 1500 at one go or can i dump in batches ? its quite a mystary
I accidently dumped a few hundred coins into the quest and I think it's still open, showing something like "250/1500 filled". So you should be able to fill it over time at your leisure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom