Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So... yesterday I did another Tiamat run. I actually hadn't planned so, but I ended up in WoD when she was calling and OCD demanded to obliege her will...

Holy Potato, why can't all runs be like that?
I must have stumbled into a "we are 20+ GS but don't talk about it" zerg or something like that.
I already noticed something was off right at the beginning:
- Wizards were using repel to push mobs over the ledge with great success
- Wizards were staying close to me because the knew free dmg buffs will be falling off the sky

First run already brought down 3,5 heads, but then came the second run: someone accidently killed blue.
Usually that would mean: "Welp, we lost. Let's go idle at the campfire." Not this zerg. "There's still 40 seconds to go, let's just kill them all!"
And kill they did.
I even made 10th place... what somehow debunks my 20+ GS theory though.

Even though I only got a funny looking Whorelock cap out if it, I would gladly make such a run every day.
On top of that, they either fixed something or /reduce_mip 1 eleminated my icy terrain problems!
Now if they would only stop using ice storm so I can actually see where I put my circles of doom without having an icicle in my eye...:roll:

It doesn't make Tiamat a good encounter, but it becomes a lot less of a chore to get Linu to spit-polish your scale.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Having gotten fed up with Tiamat, I instead bought 600 Coffers. EDIT: Need 900 more.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
hate to burst ur bubble but :

in True Craptic Fashion >tm< code monkeys yet again put their grubby hands in drop rate of tiamat raid ....

result was predictable :) its fucked up now and some end up with one random head invulnerable :) quality coding at its best :salute:

and may i remind u that last winter laggs were presented as a result of bugged hunter and they had WHOLE fucking year to comb thru that code to fix things
and comb they did ....yeah right ....
and dont get me started on simril lights u can grind for ... last year i had enough grind and not even close to buying any shit ...so now after moderate to heacvy grind i would be able to finnally buy smth ....
but fuck me this is craptic so they deleted all my winter currencies and expect me to grind 24/7 from zero ?/ fuck that

prevalent lagg and ruberbanding from hell makes grind so appealing ..yeah

thanks to frustration from just one day of wonderful winter festival i may have a lot of time o play some nice and working single player game

tldr: rant /off i will play smth that actualy works this time

edity. and no im not replacing my 3 dots with smth else so codex can keep their tits

Bliblablubb

Arcane
What's up with all those tits? Not that I wouldn't approve of Aarne's sublime message sig, but uuuuh it looks weird if someone looks at your screen ...

Edit: Ah right, it's just Dark Underbro having his weird moment of fun.

Gerrard

Arcane
There's a double enchant/runestone thing going on right now, so open all those boxes in preparation for next week's double refine points.

eklektyk

Erudite
we need to set up annual codec crew congregattion and agree on time to exhange dem presents from those winter thingies
my 14 farms got plenty of those litering my inventory space

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Unless I am mistaken-ish, from january 1st onwards you get bonus lights for another week. So keep you foxy boxes until then!

Also: Am I the only one not exploiting the shit out of a bug of unlimited simril currency? 3 pages of fawns and mimics for 10k already...

P.S. If you haven't done it, listen to the spirit of grindmas and buy your farms something nice. T2 pieces for below 10k is practically stealing. I bought a full t2 set including cutlery and title for my TR for less than 70k, even thought I will most likely never play it. Soft heart and all that...

P.S.S. I need a name the mimic now, 10k was too good to pass. :obviously:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Just wanted to remember Ekl that you get the whore fashion outfit for free if you log in between... uh.. on sylvester. Collect them all for your farms!:salute:

P.S. I think I call the mimic Crispy (tm)

Davidshky

Scholar
So I've been thinking about maybe possibly getting back into this game and I'm considering creating a new character. My old one is a lvl 30 ish GWF and from what I've heard in our shared NWO/STO chat they kinda suck atm.

So could you guys give me a sort of short summary of the abilities and playstyle of each class or something like that.

Vaarna_Aarne

GWF hasn't sucked in a long, long time. They're currently still among Top 3 classes, the only thing that's changed is that all the other classes have been brought up to speed in the last big balance update, and the last minor balance tweak improved GWF too. The only one that's stronger than the rest is Cleric due to Ion Cannon spam and other things, but even then it's not a huge gap.

Anyway, other classes in short...

Cleric: Nowadays a hybrid caster, much stronger at dealing huge bursts of AoE damage than healing IMO. Has some crowd control, but personally I think more useful as buffer/debuffer/healer in addition to DPS than throwing Chains of Blazing Light. Has access to Ion Cannon. The new Tab mechanic is a weird revolver cast wind-up for a juiced up version of the revolver spam spell. EDIT: Important notice: Cleric grants access to one of the best Artifacts in the game.

Guardian Fighter: Sword and board tank. Needs a more active playstyle for efficient tanking than GWF due to using Shield Block and dailies to tank rather than their face like the GWF does, but can tank like a motherfucker when played right. Smart man's tank. Can deal a good amount of damage too nowadays, but has weak AoE capability. The most important party buff machine. Tab mechanic puts a Mark on the target, only the latest Tab mark is not removed when GF is hit.

Ranger: The fastest hands in the West class. Ranger's gimmick is Stance switch on Tab press, which toggles between Dual Wielding and Archer versions of their powers (effectively doubling their power selection). Excellent AoE and sniper DPS, has more trap powers than any other class, but is much more hectic to play than any other class as well due to the high pace needed for rotating up to six powers effectively. Also has a variant dodge mechanic, which is more difficult to use due to tighter timing wiindow.

Rogue: Knows Hokuto Shinken nowadays. Rogue is a close-range DPS class that has a Stealth Tab mechanic that can be used more often nowadays, which serves the dual function of powering up powers and damage/aggro evasion. Has a surprising degree of crowd control thanks to Smoke Bomb and Dazing Strike.

Warlock: Full hybrid caster Stand user. Warlock can spec towards being a healer (of a sort, it's more of an aura thing), DPS, or a meatier DPS with a permanent summon. Warlock's unique mechanics are the Soul Puppet Stand summon which acts as a second companion, and Curse which is a relative of Mark that has special interaction with many spells. High DPS, not much in way of crowd control.

Wizard: The class for cool and attractive people. Wizard's big attraction is having four power slots instead of a special Tab mechanic (Tab spell is a powered up version of its normal self), has high DPS, and is the undisputed king of AoE crowd control.

Last edited:

eremita

Savant
Guys, I need help. Me and my buddy want to try some mmo, but are not quite sure which one to choose. For now, the possibilities are: SWTOR, Secret World, Neverwinter, DnD Online. Which is better and why? The most important aspect is probably the game being friendly to two dudes playing together the whole time scenario.

Gerrard

Arcane
I have not played any of the other games mentioned, so I'm afraid I can't help you there in terms of comparing them.

Craptic stole my coins again. E: Never mind, I made it in time (barely) to save them.

Do you guys want to make the first gift opening party right after the double lights thing starts (tomorrow evening)??

Last edited:

subotaiy

Cipher
Guys, I need help. Me and my buddy want to try some mmo, but are not quite sure which one to choose. For now, the possibilities are: SWTOR, Secret World, Neverwinter, DnD Online. Which is better and why? The most important aspect is probably the game being friendly to two dudes playing together the whole time scenario.
Secret World is the best of that bunch.

Vaarna_Aarne

Can't say much for the rest, but in regards to being friendly to two dudes playing together, yea NW can do that just fine. The only content that doesn't support two dudes is the minority that requires more dudes than just two.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Secret World is probably a standout among those, but it's not something necessarily aimed at your typical MMO player because of its heavy emphasis on puzzles and eerie atmosphere which honestly makes it better as solo experience. If two-man co-op is key then you're probably good to go with TOR because you can essentially play through the entire game together going through each other's class story and majority of other content. If you can scrounge up more than two people DDO is also a viable prospect because you can do dungeons aka quests completely self-sufficiently throughout its entirety. Keep in mind that both TOR and DDO F2P models will make you a second class citizen, latter less than former. TOR preferred status is highly recommended.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wizard: The class for cool and attractive people.
You wish! The average Wiz is between 11 and 14 years old and spams "LOL NOOB L2P!!!eleventyone" all the time because his caps key is stuck.

Nonono, the really cool and attractive people play Devoted Cleric now! Nobody expects the spanish inquisishun us to end up outdamaging a wizard. Be prepared for "lol you cheat" tells though. ;)

But I pretty much agree with his summary. GWF isn't bad, the other classes just have caught up by now.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just started playing this. Can the Great Weapons Fighter tank...?

eremita

Savant
Thanks bros! We're not gonna play our co op game without each other and frankly, I don't wanna anyone to fuck up my experience, if Secret World really is such a good storyfag game as I heard (definitely gonna play that one soon). So TOR it is...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom