Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Shannow

Waster of Time
A steady stream of small heals is predictable.
A high RNG, high amount heal on the other hand is unpredictable. It also brings the chance of over-healing when no healing is needed and of not-healing when you'd really need it.
Yes, I get all this. But he says this change shafts classes relying on many small damage strikes. But if you perform many low-damage strikes, you fire the proc often and for low amounts, creating a smoother distribution than a guy who hits once and hard for the same damage, which means it works better for you. Wouldn't it be the opposite, that classes which rely on few but strong attacks are more screwed?
I'd say the more attacks per minute you can throw out, the less you'll be affected by the change. I've only got real experience with the GWF though, and while it'll statistically even out over the whole play time, I expect that the change can be very noticable in discrete encounters. And people will simply remember when they died because too little healing came in because LS procced on your first at-will hit and not for the rest of the fight. Simply given the chances those situations will vastly exceed the situations when it procs on a crit from a daily just when you needed it.
In so far, it stinks for people with many small dmg strikes and a few rare/single-target encounters/dailies that contribute the majority of dmg.

IMO

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But he says this change shafts classes relying on many small damage strikes. But if you perform many low-damage strikes, you fire the proc often and for low amounts, creating a smoother distribution than a guy who hits once and hard for the same damage, which means it works better for you. Wouldn't it be the opposite, that classes which rely on few but strong attacks are more screwed?
You know how the RNG is, so I would not count on "more often". And enemies deal far too much dmg that a low dmg LS proc once in a while would cut it...

Right now when my GWF sees his HP getting low I can just use adorable battlestrike or pommelface (if healing strike isn't ready) and KNOW that I will get healed for a good or even large amont of HPs (if endless consumption procs). EVERYTIME I use a high damage encounter power. So I can keep my potion for an emergency. Yay!

But if it gets changed to the new system?

Oh dear, HP is getting low. ADORABLE BATTLESTRIKE! Nope, no heal... POMMELFACE! I got nothing... uuuuuh uummmm potion's on a timer, soooo... JoJo time!
I doubt they will remove the timer on potions.

Naaah, actually it sucks for everyone. Too much RNG just creates frustration.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Crush did mention that the new content would be balanced with the LS changes in mind... Of course, that leaves a huge question mark over the fucking Barbarians in Icewind Pass.

Gerrard

Arcane
Regeneration now works better out of combat!
Out of combat healing potions have no cooldown.

Shannow

Waster of Time
So I just noticed that Rough AD from Leadership tasks just goes to nirvana if you collect it via gateway. I googled it and it turns out the bug has been going on since 2013. There was some claim that it gets auto-refined, but that's a plain lie. (And yeah, I should have noticed weeks ago. But I didn't really focus on AD - being low lvl and all - and I paid little attention overall.)
So unless you guys point out something that I completely missed, I think I'll drop the game. The gateway was what made task grinding bearable. And I lost my patience for ingame grind months ago :/

Vaarna_Aarne

You only need the Gateway to make the tasks go to clear their finishing process instantly so you don't have to wait with a thumb up your ass in-game. Then just going ingame for 30-60 secs per alt to cash in and set new tasks.

The bug itself is a bit of legendary beast, or at least really really vague in how it happens. I refined AD in the Gateway last Sunday because I didn't feel like swapping alts to get the last set of Bonding stones for storage, and it worked fine. However, I did cash in and refine on the Gateway and then send the AD to an alt via ADX, so that might have something to do with it.

Gerrard

Arcane
The bug was fixed long ago. And why would you not use the gateway to do professions when the in-game UI doesn't have a "Back" button?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So I just noticed that Rough AD from Leadership tasks just goes to nirvana if you collect it via gateway
If that were the case I would be broke by now, since I clear my tasks via gateway on the road. But looking at my potatosack I am confident it's not. Or at least only on rare occasions. Mmmmmm potatos...

Gerrard

Arcane
Yep, looks OP as fuck. 2 paladins 3 CW new meta.

Also I just realized Oathbound Paladin -> OP

Vaarna_Aarne

I'd say one of those paladins might be replaced by a GF, given that GF also has some party favors to hand out. But yea, it seems Loladin is going to be the default healer, passive party buffer and mega-tank.

Norfleet

What you up to, Vaarna? I don't get this joke. I know Oscar Mike, but what does this have to do with Ramirez?

Vaarna_Aarne

What you up to, Vaarna? I don't get this joke. I know Oscar Mike, but what does this have to do with Ramirez?
HrTqCnq.jpg

It's a joke on the most common things happening in above popamole game, involving you (Ramirez) doing everything.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hard times for GFs I say. Clerics can still moonlight as a semi-wizard with nice debuff capability, but a GF?
Alas poor sloppy, he only had so little time being happy about the reformed GF... and now it's back to the valley of tears again. :hug:

Loladin will eventually get the nerfbat a little, but I for one look forward to an all-loladin Codexian Extravaganza Dunshun run! After all it will take a while until cheap loladin armor will become available in the AH.

And I need to come up with yet another name. Great.

Vaarna_Aarne

GF does still have the benefit of providing KV, ITF and combat advantage Marks.

Personally, I won't call Loladin OP unless their AoE (especially this) and single target deeps capability notably exceeds that of GF. Kamikaze attack seems interesting, in the sense that it can be total trash or OMGWTFPWN tier AoE.

bloodlover

Arcane
Stream online now. Paladins will be OP, RIP GF and DC.

-> 20 second stun PVE 4 second stun in PVP AOE
-> 39k heal with lay on hands (level 70 but shitty gear and no feats/powers invested)
-> auras + ressurect.

edit: Tab is another aoe heal. Shift is another aoe heal or damage resistance depending on spec.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Also there will be 6 new (?) dungeons.

So, on Friday there was a patch on preview and we were supposed to have Paladin playable, but of course instead of that happening they took the server down again.
There's also going to be a 4th rank to all powers.

However, the best and most amazing thing they came up with is that stats will have different effect curves for levels 1-60 and 61-79, which is fucking retarded.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
Thanks to these new curves a level 70 character in the same gear as a level 60 character will be some 5 times weaker. This also makes all the enchants (except +max HP) worthless, even though they buffed them all by 33% and they are now 400 stats at rank 10, as that 400 in a stat gives a fraction of a percent of return.

duTI8VT.jpg

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
if this goes as is it totally kills any miniscule incentive i have to log in ...right now i cut to only one rotation daily to pray and do leadership and thats it ...
i expect them to totaly fuck profesions with those additional 5 lvl they mucking about so all that is left is to get more xp and boons/stats to brag about on codex chat ...
but with proposed changes boons are worthless and enchants irrelevant ...and geting lvlup makes u weaker ...fucking briliant marketing that makes me want to do uninstall and call it a net loss to forget ever playin ...
bros i may be sick or smth ..i dont want to grind anymore ...plas healp!!!!!

Norfleet

Remember that Eggy Friend is best friend! Think how much MONEY you could have when you liquidate and uninstall. You like MONEY, right?

Norfleet

Back? I was never in Neverwinter. I only follow it because of Vaarna, I don't actually play and never did.

What you up to, Vaarna?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom