Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
So nothing really chnaged, huh?
Do you guys manage to gather a dungeon party from time to time?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Right now we'll all be too busy leveling up to the new cap, powerleveling Pallies, and readjusting our equipment and builds due to stat and gear alterations.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
glorious! after today's patch the game stopped working, it reaches the logos screen and freezes.
That has been a typical behaviour for the game while applying a patch before. Luckily I remembered that and just left it alone for a while. Should be a one-time-only situtatuion though, otherwise they screwed something up again.

A sum up from yesterday:

- Account server crashed between 7-8pm yurop time, no login possible
- connection to the patchserver was about to die, 50kb/s for the patch (patching via proxy was at nomal speed)
- the above mentioned "loading screen freeze" without explaination
- ping reaching high 3 digit values and higher (via proxy, Katz even had 4 digits latency and I think he plays without proxy)
- among the quests I could take in the new area was repeating the 2 Minsc missions again. Quest was borked, had no endboss and just advanced, when I wanted to trade in the seed, the quest blanked out, had to remove it manually. No reward, wasted time
- why are we doing those quests anyway? What are those reward currencies for? There seem to be no campaign or vendor for them
- camping for a named mob you have kill in competition with several wizards unwilling to group is so much fun
- interior maps are not instanced, expect someone to sneak in behind you and steal the boss from you

Bottomline:

All in all it's the usual post-patch fiasco. I don't think it's worth doing the new content right now, better to wait until the next patch and play the Paladerp until then.
It was a ridiculous move by Craptic to run Mod6 AND STO's Derpa Rectum at the same time. They KNEW how the servers went bonkers during the winter event alone, doubleing the stress is just plain incompetence.

Norfleet

Well, you sorta ask for it by rushing to partake in new content on opening day. Unless there's some cool new exploit you want a piece of, stay out.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you can't access the gateway on Firefox (Secure Connection Failed) there's a workaround
Go to about:config
Find security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts
Add gateway.playneverwinter.com to it

eklektyk

Erudite
so dem neff pray boxes :

witch one got less shitty loottable ??

old 7days ones i still got unopened like 8xx ish or soo and its time to collect pointles heap of new ones but i can only waste one inventory space and not 3 ...

Norfleet

So, who is this guy? Do you like him? Has he been sacked, despite what he claims, and he's simply not allowed to use the word sacked? What you up to, Vaarna?

Vaarna_Aarne

He was the community manager, basically just on-the-ground PR person.

The important thing to note is the new guy's avatar, which presumably is a picture of himself. He is...

A CHINESE OVERLORD

Current situation at Cryptic office is probably something like this:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
First the STO community manager (nobody misses him), now the NWO CM? Is this like a soccer coach, who gets booted as a scapegoat when something goes wrong, because shareholders have to be shown: "We are doing something, everything is getting better now!"
I have still no idea what a community manager actually does, but I am sure he has no influence on any decisions regarding changes to the game. At best his job is to sell changes to the public and calm the shitstorm.
Like smirk did. No wait, he didn't.

Reminds me of that page where current and former PWE/cryptic employees rate their employer. Could be summed up by: "chaotic management with no real concept and nepotism rules"...

And yeah, the picture make him look like some chinese ovenlord's playboy son who is forced in for more control. Officially he is just a community manager for NWO AND Arc, but he really is the eyes and ears overseas! :cool:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I especially like the fact that in his introduction he says pretty much: "I played a GF for some time and now I have a lvl4 Paladin". He sure knows the game he is representing very good!

Imagine going to a car salesman:

Salesman: "This car is so awsome, it's going to be the best ride ever. Nothing beats that feeling when drving it, let me tell you that!!!!"
Buyer: "Do you drive one of those yourself, you seem to know it very well..."
Salesman: "No I have no driver's license, but that will soon change!"
Buyer: "..."
Salesman: "This car is the best car ever and drivers love it!"

Vaarna_Aarne

CM does seem like the whipping boy position in Cryptic, I can already picture it... "AKRO WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH OUR SERVERS" "AKRO WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS LAG" "AKRO WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T PALADIN HAVE GREYCLOAK ITEM" "AKRO WHY THE HELL DOESN'T THE INVOCATION SYSTEM WORK LIKE IT SHOULD" "AKRO WHAT THE -" etc.

Gerrard

Arcane
In case you guys don't know, you get the new artifact weapon after completing all of Spinward Rise vigilance quests, and you get the artifact offhand from Knox after hitting 70. And currently these are the only level 70 weapons, since they removed the improved VT/MC/BI ones, because they are retarded.

4rraNuU.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

You mean Cryptic, the cut weapons, or both?

(EDIT: Though in a sense, having a single standardized weapon MIGHT be a good thing IF the refining system wasn't goddamn torture)

Gerrard

Arcane
Craptic fucking up giveaways, that never happened before, right?

If any of you care, the shared bank slots are on sale. Apparently you can only have a max of 40 of them.

Gerrard

Arcane
Hi folks, my name is Scott Shicoff and I have recently taken over as the lead designer on Neverwinter.
kek

As a bit of background, I was the content lead on Star Trek Online for several years, built Sword Coast Adventures, and recently completed my work as the lead designer on the Xbox One version of Neverwinter. I’m excited to dive into this new opportunity, and of course, the new challenges that come with it.

One of my first tasks, after getting settled with my new team, is to take a hard look at Elemental Evil and see what was done right and what needs improvement. I’m reading through all of the player feedback from a wide variety of sources, and forming a picture of where the game stands. In the coming weeks and months, our team will use this to shift Neverwinter from where it is now into what we feel is a far better place. Most of our goals are to make the game better by improving the aspects noted below, while others will bring the game closer to matching the growth of our players and our original vision for Neverwinter.

Here are some of the areas we’ll be looking at:

• Overall difficulty
  • XP rewards in the new zones and campaign zones
  • Invocation
  • Hourly quests
  • Zone re-use
  • Removed dungeons
  • Campaign zone levels
  • Items missing slots/stats
  • And more...

I am still in the initial stages of my investigation. After that, I will determine which issues require changes so I can create a list of actionable items. Though both the investigation and work to resolve the issues will take time to get into the game, know that our goal is to get them tested and to you as soon as we possibly can. To that end, we are committed to making a change in the next weekly update. The amount of XP being rewarded by repeatable quests in our campaign areas is not consistent. We need to make some adjustments so that the experience gain from the repeatable quests in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign is in line with the other campaign zones. We are only reducing XP given by repeatable quests in the Tyranny campaign areas. Other quests are unaffected. I know this isn’t an ideal scenario, but to help compensate for this change we will be running our double XP event for an entire week, starting Thursday, April 23 and ending Thursday, April 30.

Along with all of this, we are continuing to fix bugs and improve the overall quality of life.

We are aware that mistakes were made with this release, and for that I would like to apologize. We understand the frustration and are actively working to make positive adjustments. Things won’t change immediately, but they will improve over time. Thank you for understanding and giving me the time to help identify and address the issues important to the community.

In an effort to continue to collect community feedback, we have opened and stickied this forum thread. Please feel free to comment in the thread as we keep an eye on community feedback for Neverwinter: Elemental Evil.
Oh whoops looks like there wasn't enough grind, we need to fix that ASAP.
:dead:

Vaarna_Aarne

Well I better stop faffing about and get started on Tyranny with my durgenburp Pally then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom