Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

eklektyk

Erudite
it seems that morons responsible for derp rising got promoted even further and are on a holy crusade to eridicate fun and xp gains in all of craptic works ... god speed ye of pure heart:salute:

editty: well it was my belated reaction to this news of changing dev team and their brilian idea of rescuing total fuckup of a zone after upleveling that got unplayable with expedient remedy of xp nerf ... yes becouse that was what is borked with new module ...xp gains are too fast and nothing else is borked ...yup...totaly.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You know, I'm starting to suspect that at the moment any fresh-new character except Paladin is going to face a vertical wall of difficulty when they start doing campaigns.

so the way to fix dragon quests giving more xp than minsc quests is... to cut dragon quests xps by half?
as if the grind wasn't testicles-obliterating enough.

Vaarna_Aarne

I don't mind the grind for levels, since you can just wait and prof it anyway.

The real issue is that right now the difficulty-scaling, item curve, gear demands, gear acquisition, and the ai damage/player durability and player damage/ai durability ratios are completely FUBAR after extended tutorial.

Norfleet

So, basically, STO has taken all of its new bad features post Derpa from NW?

Vaarna_Aarne

Other way around for the worst parts (though the fact Mod 6 launch has been a colossal fuck-up in all respects adds to it, they're still trying to finish half the content).

eklektyk

Erudite
yeah ...
i saw that and had lotsa fun reading forums since then ...

its cryptic at its finest :)

this plus them fucking over doffing with latest tribble patch its wats keeping my popcorn consumption and entertainment meeter high

Vaarna_Aarne

I don't think that's Cryptic alone. Given how Salvatore is taking a dump on our faces as well, I'd figure this is the outcome of one slave and two slavemasters.

Wild Slop

Arcane
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9226073-neverwinter:-underdark-coming-in-2015
L0L

So that's mod 8 before we even have any info about 7 besides "it will introduce guild housing" and while the whole game is fucking broken.
haha So is a new blessed level refining past Mythic coming too? Please say yes!

Vaarna_Aarne I got the tools and Grandmaster Alchemist you returned from 1st mail sent, except for the other Grandmaster sent in the 2nd mailing.

Did you get this 2nd mail (I sent it along with a stack of blue and green vitriol)?

Vaarna_Aarne

Vaarna_Aarne I got the tools and Grandmaster Alchemist you returned from 1st mail sent, except for the other Grandmaster sent in the 2nd mailing.

Did you get this 2nd mail (I sent it along with a stack of blue and green vitriol)?
Ah, I must have just forgotten about him. Will mail his ass today.

You know, I'm starting to suspect that at the moment any fresh-new character except Paladin is going to face a vertical wall of difficulty when they start doing campaigns.
As opposed to a horizontal wall?
:baka:

Anyway, point is that the difficulty makes an Olympic jump for total newcomers after they hit 60 and try to head to the campaigns.

eklektyk

Erudite
today is glorious day !!!

after weeks of slavering first of my chars finally managed to lvlup their leadership ...

into leadership lvl 21 .......:negative:

our benevolent overlords granted me also few lvl ups to lvl63 from praying in PE ...

fuck mod6 content i aint going anywhere

Gerrard

Arcane
Man, you're lazing off, I already got 2 characters to lv23 leadership. It goes pretty fast after you get to 21 (assuming you actually do training tasks and not potatos).

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
well i used to do 2 rotation/day but since revamp i went for only one so slooow progress it is.
no real motivation to hurry it up also makes me to go kinda mehh instead of "me need nao" :)

ps.: and yes having 120/240 xp tasks to go from 20 to 21 is a major hurdle
after that there are few tasks that will speed this up considerably

Vaarna_Aarne

We talking just the 500 LdXP training task or the 240 LdXP tasks as well? I've been mostly focusing on potatoes so that when they finally get around to fixing shit (and I slowly lazy my way to 70) I'll have the stuff needed to regear...

... And pump up my mains augment Companions to Legendary.

eklektyk

Erudite
i was mostly spamming 3x1600potato 16hrs 3/or/2xsiege ones and 2/or/3 whatewer was on rotation as in 12/16 hrs task for potato or chests/resources ...
i kinda felt like puting 8hrs training tasks was such a waste since doing only one rotation per day

getting to lvl21 opens up so many tasks that pay better leadertshipxp tho so it will be fastah now

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Patchnotes said:
Temple of Tiamat: There are now entrance restrictions on the Temple of Tiamat. You must be at least level 70 and have a Total Item Level of 1800 to enter. While this limits who can enter and fight Tiamat, it should significantly improve the chance of success."
Everybody knows that higher level/gearscore makes people smarter...
Patchnotes said:
• Dread Ring
  • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Bag' to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
  • Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
  • Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
That should make ekl happy, finally a reason to go back to his favorite playground! The whole refining is still shit, but holding on to those until better days won't hurt.

On a related note:
Since they seem to have fixed the performance issues (for me at least), I spent some time running my GWF through the new reused areas including Helm's Hold and... I don't know if the OMGHIGHDIFFICULTY only affects the old rep areas (or later grindareas), but so far it's been pretty cozy.
In fact my GWF seems to be better than before, since my determinashun meter is instafilled upon impact with trash mobs. It also seems to run out much slower than before, so I am pretty much running around unstoppable all the time. So the "dailies" are not more difficult than pre-mod. Well, I am going to change my tone once the impact deals moah dmg than my HP total, but so far my T2 setup has served me well enough. Carefully optimistic here.

Vaarna_Aarne

Once the keep has been secured, guilds will have to battle against the environment as well as other players to ensure they maintain control of their lands.
Hahaha, fuck off shit feature.

eklektyk

Erudite
:hahahaowow:

so i can safely skip next mod ... GG Craptic GG ...frakin pvp....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom