Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Chinese Ovenlord: "Listen up slackers! I had a vision! So I asked my useless son-in.law what would be a great endgame motivation. DAoC and ESO showed it's large scale PvP rewarding control over areas the guilds can show off on their homepages! Do that and add OP siege equipment in the c-store, so only guilds spending tons of Cybershekelz can make their epeen grow! I can smell the moneyz already."
Cryptic employee: "But... or PvP is horrible imbalanced and our engine can't handle more than 20 people at once!"
Chinese Ovenlord: "Silence maggot! Don't stand between me and my vision!"
Cryptic boss: "Of course we can do that, just pick a date it will be ready my lord!"

It will be glorious, a handful of item level 3000+ pro-gamer guilds will steamroll the lands. Well, maybe it will lead to old content getting back to normal since those abomniations are confined elsewhere...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well goatshark just stated that PvP aspect of strongholds will be opt-in and separate from the PvE aspect, so at the very least we'll just remain at ITZ state and get ULTIMATE DOOM expansion pack later.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, it would be pretty retarded to make an expansion aimed only at 5% of your playerbase.

Oh wait.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well let's just hope Mod 6 was a real kick in the balls for their profits so they won't do this kind of shit again.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So it turns out that the new DR armors are actually better than the ones from WoD, while being a LOT easier to obtain. In fact my GWF has enough leftover currency to buy them at once. IF the GWF armor were available. The vendor NPC does not offer them, they are only in the campaign store. Except the GWF is shown the CW armor. Very cryptic.
Nonetheless DR seems to be a good place to hang out now: difficulty is far lower than WoD and daily quests reward rp item bags on top. Lower xp than vigilance quests, but... fuck those.

Gonna give it a try.

eklektyk

Erudite
after they fucked my fps totaly with this mod it would take either them fixin shit or me getin new calculator to grind anything ....

both are exttremly unlikely for now so pray cycle it is!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I set the view distances to low or min and have no problems in DR, other zones alternate from good to ungood in a heartbeat whenever something with physics or colored fogs come into view. Grauntlgrymsomthing is still unplayable for me, fucking lava. PE had always shitty fps, the tree couldn't ruin it much more.

Try DR. You know you want to come home!

Wild Slop

Arcane
Did they fix that Tiamat head one-shot kill bug? That would be a shame. Many puggles were livid that people weren't fighting the new HP bloat-supreme aspect of the boss the "honest" way and threatening that REPORTS and BANS would happen to all who even took part in a fight where it happened. I saw something like 'It is your responsibility to leave at once it happens'. Hah lil'Stasi slurpers of pussy shit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, at least Epic Lair of Lostmauth is pretty fun (it's even surreal in how unusually fun it is compared to WoD or the treadmill to reach 70), and getting non-arti gear above ELoL is not as much of a big deal at least judging by the stat increases (in fact, ELoL gear infusion is a goddamn joke; it's barely a +100 stat points TOTAL for massive costs).

Gerrard

Arcane
They've put all of the packs in the Zen store now, even the $200 one, and all packs are on sale.

If you want to be a dragon this is a good opportunity.

eklektyk

Erudite
it is kinda desperate considering how fucked up a trainwreck was last mod ... and thers still no promised reworked dungeons that they deleted and left quest hooks ...

simply cash grab before dumping this pos??? anyone knows for how long they have license for d&d ? if original deal is about to expire that would explain so many things

especialy why they pushed so hard recently in fixin sto as their backup cashcow

eklektyk

Erudite
dragonborn = scalythingies +totaly fucked up fashion items with clipin galore :) know since before they started testing that module on preview and goin strong still :)

Vaarna_Aarne

So anyway, now that the initial shock and butthurt has receded, I've come to the conclusion that by far the most ass thing about the expansion is the sheer drudgery of getting to level 70. Gearing itself isn't terrible, since the most important step of that is done exclusively at Lair of Lostmauth, which is the best dungeon anyway (being the only add-free dungeon which doesn't give you bullshit but cuts straight to business).

Main things learned besides farming ELoL (which you can do for your other alts as well, which is p sweet if you aren't good with class _____) is that it's high time to get used to artifact equipment, since those are the only thing that's a safe investment from now on, adjust your gameplay style (unless Wizard, they're largely unchanged), and visit Dread Ring at least once a week for RP goodies. Oh yea, and praise the sun and do Leadership like a madman. By far the most important change they should do is make enemies deal notably less spike damage (especially with nigh-instant attacks; and remove instant homing rushdowns on AI in general), given how prevalent near-OHKO bossfights are now.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
did they fixed ah yet? last time i bothered to check it was fucked for over a month and fuck all attention given from almighty devs stroking that sweet fx dongs...

i would not bid on items or sell for much potato and do on ah only with items u can live without losing ... all kinds of kinky fuckups are afoot there ...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Getting to 70 is indeed the hard part. The DR armor is easy to obtain and seems to be pretty decent until you get better stuffz. Sadly it requires being lvl 70 to equip. WoD armor has no lvl req AFAIK, but fuck WoD. Cleric is now declined to a healbot, say goodbye to the good solo times. GWF can still solo DR in a T2 armor, but I HAVE to use the encounter power that builds determination and press TAB like a retard, or I die in the intial attack without new armor. I don't even want to know how my hunter would fare...

Because cryptic's idea of forcing new equipment on us is to replace dmg resist with extra hitpoints that get eaten by the intial ranged counterattack. Not even STO pulled such a retarded stunt. The game is now more then ever all about gear. And I haven't even aquired artifact stuffz yet, let alone leveled it.

Enemies in the "new" zones do not hit that hard, but the low amount of xp you get makes it a horrible drag. Better wait and pray. Tagging along with his Aarneness in spinach raisin showed it's difficulty is actually "fair" compared to DR.
How many vigilance quests are required in SR for the artifact weapon? 48? 6 days, less effort than a campaign if we are honest, if you have the patience to skip the other zones and level by praying/leadership.

I am not in denial, it still sucks the way they did it. Mod 6 just made it so that you have to run 300+ low xp (1500xp, while you need what 100k per level?) vigilance quests before getting to the good stuff, a little like starting a new char actually. Doubling the xp rewards would make it a LOT less of a chore. Does doing all the vigilance quests in all zones even give you enough xp to go from 60 to 70, or did they not even get that right?
I am curious how a DPS cleric would fare in the spinach dip, but it will be a while until I get my spoonfull of disappointment.

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't yet tried M6 Cleric, so I won't challenge your assesment of their abilities... Yet!

But in a dungeon, yes a Cleric is supposed to be a healbot and buffbot because they can multiply total party effective DPS and survivability. A much higher benefit than going DPS style (which is solo thing from now on methinks, since I think even with duo the Cleric brings more bang to the buck with healbot and Burning Radiance combination).

Also, we could actually do it in a single day if we worked our butts off. The highest cooldown on a Vigilance quest is 45 minutes (IIRC), so it could be done either by going to chill or switching to another alt. We just have stuck with our limited number approach because it starts to drain your stamina after a while.

As for gear, I'd say it's more like it's about having a certain threshold of gear, at least by the look of it going from ELoL gear to Turbo-Elf/Turbo-PvP gear you won't have your mind blown the way going to new arti weapon and ELoL is (also you just need to get the arti weapon and off-hand to blue quality to start feeling the power).

And yea, the XP from vigilance quests sucks balls, that's why I only did praise/Ld + Minsc.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So, it turns out the best way to gain rp item now is doing the "IWD Circle Zerg (tm)". I followed them for about 1 hour, throwing daggers like the ninja I am, and ended up with enough gems to bring two artifacts to blue.
Each HE rewards either a peridot or an aquamarine (and some black icecycles) just for being present. Not that you could do much more as a melee char in that clusterfuck. Good thing GWF now has a ranged attack to make sure the HE remembers me being there.

Forget dragon hoard enchantments, those are sooo last mod and a waste of space now....

Vaarna_Aarne

It's a pity Whale Wars is trademarked. It would have the perfect name for the new pro-gaymer snowflake PvP league they started.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Not sure what to think about that.
On the one hand making PvP their new focus could mean they will finally try to balance classes in earnest, but knowing cryptic it will more likely mean that those p2w whales will start a new armsrace and complain that PvE content is now too easy (because others can catch up with the stuff they already have). Since those whales are responsible for 90% of their income, they will follow suit and force normal players to keep up.

In before patchnotes say "known issue: Devoted Clerics do not appear on the leaderboard" for the next 6 months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom