Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
These Chinese overlord princelings are far too civil and cooperative. They are up to something.

Norfleet

So check it out, peasants! You know that new forum you're being moved to? PWE just leaked the IP addresses of every single poster to the entire world.

Gerrard

Arcane
So apparently they are giving out free shit again, but I'm having a hard time trying to giving a fuck.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
In other news:
Connecting to the servers during euro peaktime has reached a new low: instead of the launcher loading forever it just pops up a "connection to patchserver failed. plz check your internetz kthxbye" message. Has no effect if you are already logged in, since I could play STO while getting this message when starting NWO. But once I logged out of STO was affected as well. Gateway is affected as well, no connection possible if you draw the short straw during routing lottery it seems...
Meh, I don't even care enough anymore to try cyberghost.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You tried any of the proxy servers?
This time it's even BEFORE the launcher loads. Just the small "connecting to patchserver" thingy and then only an error message popup. And the gateway wasn't reachable yesterday as well, so it's not just the patchserver.
I am at the point where I just shrug and do something fun anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, today's patch notes take a shot at addressing the whole issue with difficulty.

Answer:

Lower enemy damage by 25%.
Raise enemy HP by 50%.

:stupid:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Translation: 25% less dmg to keep/increase player numbers, while increasing enemy hp by 50% to keep them online for a longer time. Metrics!

Gerrard

Arcane
I see the "throwing darts at sticky notes on a board" design method is still going strong.

>bosses are unaffected

Vaarna_Aarne

I don't think it's dart-throwing as a method, it's just dogheaded refusal to admit you fucked up. This change is really just an INCREASE in difficulty (by roughly 12.5%), completely refusing to admit they put it way too high for most people. Newbies will find endgame content even harder now, and self-sufficient DPS classes will be even more ahead the curve in PvE now.

Only people the new difficulty pleases are the snowflakes (who are either cheaters or whales apparently).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
To be fair, when I ran Derp Ring for my GWF's missing armor piece, the bosses inside the 3 dungeons were actually pretty lulzy. Even if they hit me with their red circle of DOOM, it was just like old times with Charlizzy: get thrown away, land with 20% hp and full RAGE. No biggy. And the phylactery just had so many hps I could rarely destroy it in one go.

BUT!

The frigging servitors were the problem. You know, the former 1-hit-kill trashmobs. Melee and ranged attacks with 5k-10k per hit became really tricky if the autoheal boon wasn't ready. The large mobs are sheep compared to them.
Even my cleric never died from the bosses themselves when I tried, it just took to much time to kill the respawning servitors, if they didn't just kill me outright.

25% less dakka from those could be an improvment, if it's not evened out by them having more time to hit you. Gonna check it later. IF the game lets me in...

Vaarna_Aarne

Indeed. They really should realize that trash mobs are supposed to be trash, not the single most dangerous thing in the game.

EDIT: Anyway, one good thing about the update is that it makes maintenance rotation mode more profitable in terms of XP, since XP bonus might now be capped but it's now 100% bonus instead of 25%.

eklektyk

Erudite
even if i had time to play i wouldnt ...

was supposed to be happily unemployed at the end of this month but no joy til xmas it seems ... no time for anything it seems :(

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Finally got around to test the new "balancing" with a quick run of phanta fort against servitors...

I would call it a slight improvement. The extra hp increases the time to kill them by some meager seconds, but the slightly lower dmg helps making the initial impact less of a gamble. Cleric still died in a heartbeat, but shes not 70 yet and the upscaling is still a joke.
I assume classes with high amounts of dmg output benefit the most of it. Wizards, who cannot into CC for example...

Nothing to write home about.

Vaarna_Aarne

The estimates were also given in rough averages, so exact percentiles probably differ from enemy to enemy and level to level.

Meanwhile, Leadership has a little something that will put an end to all refining woes: 24 unlocks an assignment which gives Resonant Stone bawxes, and 22 unlocks a union/power/stability bawx assignment. At 25 you won't even need to collect any mining claims or such shit, you just slot the 1.6k and 2k assignments in your first six slots and use rest to get RP stones of your choosing.

PS: Taking my Cleric and Ranger to Spinward Rise around the end of the week I guess, when they hit 70 from asssignments and praising Allah.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
User is warned for posting disappointing 4 Millionth Message
Since I am leveling entirely by leadership, it will be a loooooong time until any of my other toons will reach spinach age, 65 and 64 now actually. What was the minimum level for SR, 67? 68?

Vaarna_Aarne

I went there at 67 or 68 myself with my first three alts, in order to be at level 70 by the end of it. The next alts shall head there at level 70 tho.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I've just bought the Temple of Elemental Evil board game, and it came with a code for some Neverwinter ingame stuff. I have no intention to play Neverwinter, so the first True Codexian™ who requests it will receive

The Trove of Elemental Evil
Open this trove for a chance to find treasures of the Elemental Planes.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I fear it would be too easy if you just have to log in once per day and flush the resources. Not enough metrics! I expect at least a "protect caravan transporting your stuffz" HE, not doable solo unless you buy the "hire mercanaries" token for 100 cybershekelz or something like that.
It's a GUILD feature after all, so be prepared for 3-5 people group adventures...

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't worry, I'm sure soon they will fuck up the whole game even more before rolling out the VIP program.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom