Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

eklektyk

Erudite
another "player-friendly" decision by real prOfessionals at game design ... :) if i were using gateway it would piss me off but instead its just solid :meh: :)

Gerrard

Arcane
Remember how they added that delay to completing professions in-game to "combat the bots"? Funny how they removed it half a year later.

We are going to re-examine the non-profession methods of getting Astral Diamonds, and make sure they are rewarding sufficiently.
Just like they did with RP and XP.

It's going so well for them their shitty new site is currently falling apart from the traffic.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Cleared Spinward Rise with all my older alts. Only Paladin remains to level and get to Spinward (and then rep).

EDIT: Looking at the list of manboons, I think we do need the Power and Hit Points buildings.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, while the getting is good, get Talisman equipment on all your augment companions (keyword is always Loyal followed by something).

Gerrard

Arcane
You know, based on what I've read so far it will be pretty much impossible to run this stronghold business with only few people.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hope you guys got all your old alts up to new Leadership cap, because it's 10 days of double potato.
I wanted to, but since the gateway now only tells me about it's empty table, I decided not to bother if PWE wants to treat me like that.
Not going to log in for a while, since metric-, I mean dwindeling player numbers is the only language they understand.

Vaarna_Aarne

You know, based on what I've read so far it will be pretty much impossible to run this stronghold business with only few people.
I've deciphered that at least the Dragonflight will be. No idea about the rest, though I haven't done much reading. Elaborate?

Norfleet

having 20 active players is kinda mandatory from what i understand thus far from revealed info
That was the logic of Starbases on STO, too. It's not actually TRUE, though. YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, the big question here is getting Guild Marks, which might actually require a lot of people to even attempt. Everything else is simply down to cashflow, which is down to the number of alts, and resource flow which is down to how often the NPCs need whipping.

eklektyk

Erudite
they got smarter in theirs "metrics" and now its strongholds pve with ACTIVE players to defeat dragons for shit to build stuffies
as far as i can understand their shitty dribbles of knowledge that is
i may be wrong or they can still change shit around but its not looking good as far as nice stuff - we can build some stuff - since cashflow and logins for resources can be done i imagine - but that guild pve for shit is big bummer

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, the only thing I can hope is that Unblogged proves right in that leveling Guild buildings is a fire and forget sort of deal that happens fast and expendably (since 8000 Power and 32000 hit points are a fucking massive benefit) and the slots themselves SHOULD encourage specialized guilds to mushroom around. But if only max level matters and max level needs a LOT of people active to reach, that essentially leads to all smaller friend-group guilds dying out and all the pre-existing mega-guilds (except maybe the couple of casual guilds) putting up entrance fees since being in a guild won't be a choice but a must for the boons.

And of course, the PvPfags from the large guilds will whine either way, since either their elitist snowflake sensibilities are hurt by all these lowbies being able to have a maxed out or maxed out where it matters guild, or they have no one to guild PvP with since nobody else has a maxed out PvP guild.

Norfleet

Well, the big question here is getting Guild Marks, which might actually require a lot of people to even attempt. Everything else is simply down to cashflow, which is down to the number of alts, and resource flow which is down to how often the NPCs need whipping.
Let's not forget your ability to stay ORGANIZED is also important. You'd best take the lessons I have taught you when building our Space-Castle to mind when building your Filthy Traitor Fort. At least you won't have to build two.

eklektyk

Erudite
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/ne...2533-neverwinter:-introducing-the-vip-program!

so they oficially abandoning f2p and admitting p2w ???

any thoughts ?? few "perks" look like must haves for a lot of activities under their new and improved combat rules and content. interesting anyways.

incidentaly i hit a few snags and my new rebuild computer is delayed prob past 20 aug ... maybe i will be able to spped few things and try to log in on grorious strongholds launch :) might be fun:)

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, most of the perks are an economical benefit through discounts and bonuses (and free gambling; in fact it's cheaper to gamble with VIP than normally) or conveniences (teleporting, salvaging, invoking anywhere), the only gameplay changing thing is the 2000 bonus team hp. By itself that bonus hp doesn't change things, BUT it can make a difference between a team/guild invite and kick.

It's also purchased with Zen from the ingame store, so botters and exploiters aren't paying a dime.

Vaarna_Aarne

Okay, so here's the initial plan for our shanty:

We build the following things 1) Barracks, 2) Wizard's Workshop, 3) Market. We'll aim to get the Market to Rank 2, the alt gear shop point. The main goal is to get Barracks and Wizard's Workshop maxed out. If you can have only one boon per category, these two are the MANboons, giving a total of straight-up +20% damage and 32 000 more hit points. Additional two buildings to consider in case more than one boon per category can be active some day at a time are Explorers' Guild and Stable for the bonuses they provide, which are also hefty (especially in case of Exp Guild, which provides a grand total of 12000 stat points at 10).

We are not building resource boosters, those things will for now be considered trapped choices that take but don't give. The worst choice remains PvP towers and PvP exclusive structures, since PvP guilds can go eat a dick.

So in short, until further notice and more detailed plans we should prepare to focus on these three/two buildings and the guild hall.

Vaarna_Aarne

Okay, taking an early look at things, it seems we can and should upgrade resource buildings at peak capacity as well. However, given the way things are prioritized, the most important thing first off is to start working towards the R2 Market and the Max tier Barracks and Wizard's Workshop. This should be doable if we stick to it.

I'll slot and unlock building options tomorrow, once we have a decent starting idea for first goalpost, and have acquired materials for getting down and dirty.

Norfleet

So how brutal are your TraitorForts compared to Starbases? Keep in mind that the WORST IS ALWAYS YET TO COME. Starbases look easy at first, too.

Vaarna_Aarne

If I remember correctly, the total potato costs of going all the way with the Guild Hall is 800 million potato. And assorted other goods and tokens.

The main difference in terms of brutality is that there don't appear to be any daily projects in Stronghold, just big upgrades.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I was so angry today at the shit state of GFs. Still, I was stubbornly determined to keep trying to finish that one little last room even though I kept dying. Only led to more anger.

Though not one to consult the game forums much I just found this:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/...able-in-dungeons-again-tired-of-the-one-shots

Player consensus is the astounding conclusion that the game is fucked and devs are monkeys that like throwing poo.

If I can simmer down I'll come back ta do some menial tasks but no way no how am I doing what I did today again.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm doing a little test myself regarding the Master of Coin "go to a horrible place" quest, but having run some tests I can at least say that one must party up if they are going to run quests in Well or Icewind that don't have a swarm of dudes doing the same thing in the area (ie, Torturer quest). Not sure if two guys is enough, but at least three will be.

Anyway, one thing everyone needs to do with their alts is do the weekly quests in campaigns, since that campaign stuff is needed for the Stronghold. As always, bother people for help if going to IWD or Well (though some classes like CW and GWF should be able to solo Well weekly).

Vaarna_Aarne

My little test is complete. Here are the results:

Fact: Stronghold quests can be stored for later. This is particularly useful so you can have all your alts store up Well of Dragons and Icewind Dale triple quest for partying up for the stuff, or for easier dailies (ie, Lay of the Land, Mimic Chests, and anything around the open air prison are soloable easy).

Fact: Stronghold triple quests also cover Sharandar and Dread Ring.

Fact: Weeklies DO qualify for Stronghold triple quest.

Fact: A second source of Adventurer's Marks is the triple Stronghold HE quest. These HEs are piss-easy as long as you stick to the plain circle ones (avoid Beast Attack if you're a weaker class or not geared well enough, those dire wolves hit hard and have a strong rush attack)

Fact: When it comes to Dungeon quests in Stronghold, stick to Epic Lair of Lostmauth and non-epics. Valindra's and Malabog's may be doable as well, I've cleared Valindra's final boss with my GWF.

Fact: Any motherfucker who likes to PvP should PvP quest. They shall be richly rewarded (Not even a lie, Barracks bonus is awesome).

Conclusion: Our first priority after Farm shall be Market Rank 2 so we can get decent gear for alts faster. And recruit moar doods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom