Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The problem is not the lack of a plan. The only problem is manpower.

Norfleet

An unrealistic plan involving "someone else will magically do X" is the same as no plan at all. It's like those other-peoples-fleets I see, where their plan for construction involves something like "and then the magical mineral fairy will then fill our minerals". It is said there are 3 ways to get something done: Do it yourself, pay someone else to do it, or forbid your children to do it. I'm not entirely sure the latter one actually works, I've tried it and the little shit is very smug about then not doing that.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Paaaa-fuffff I was a great asset to the Fleet. I was the Snarf Sloppy. I pitched in plenty adequately and took very little, besides, Neverwinter side there are no provision limitations to worry for buying guild equipment.

I guess the biggest thing that concerns me is guild member limit. What is the guild player limit again? Does this go by individual characters or accounts?
...because it would really suck to have to start looking it to which alts can and can't stay as we (theoretically) expand.

My griping about barnacles was just a bit of frustration. As Vaarna say we need manpower, and I'd have little problem (in theory) with having 100 guys sitting around doing next to nothing if it meant we were all the more likely to have some of the harder guild events met with participants.

The group dynamic we have going works for us but as expansion pulls more in and because of whatever the limit is, the need to encourage participation becomes greater. Before we know it we are having requirements and pulling rank. Anyway, all this is getting way ahead of where we're at. Sticking to inviting people who cooperate well and then lmaking that person a full member after a trial period should do.

I ran the CTA event during Skirmish happy hour with those 3 guys from Turkey which was nice. It's a cake walk of a mission but for what it's worth they made good teammates. One of them had questions about the Warlock class that I couldn't answer due to not having paid Warlocks any mind till just recently.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

It's the sort of change that will make botting even more widespread both because regular players will just call it quits do to constantly rising demands to stay up with the gear curve, and because the only way to keep up with the curve is to either shell out tremendous amounts of cash or bot. I'd wager those changes if they go through will make Mod 6 exodus look like nothing at all by comparison, even just the threat of those happening next week is probably going to rival Mod 6 drop-off.

i don't understand what's to laugh at. for every failed game there's one less potential masterpiece we could have enjoyed.

Vaarna_Aarne

An interesting side detail is that there's rumours going about that they might be doing all this mindboggling idiocy on purpose, trying to get out of their contract with WotC.

eklektyk

Erudite
that would be well in line with every braindead move they made since last year ...
and i almost logged in yesterday but first went to codex and lost interest altogether :)

Gerrard

Arcane
Further lols ahead

http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/botting-only-half-the-truth-of-next-round-of-astral-diamond-changes/

This can further be backed up by the bans that are currently handed out to some. PWE specifically targets those with big Leadership accounts. We already reported the case of bearchaser4 and other users are reporting that accounts that used ALTs to generate and transfer ADs in some form have been hit as well. The official reason for such bans will always be “botting” and some accounts have been released after talking to support, but it’s safe to say that generating ADs through ALTs and transfering the ADs to a main account is indeed a bannable offense. I myself am banned since a few weeks and it’s not looking like I will get my account back although I never used any bot to do Leadership and tried to explain any ‘fraudulent’ data they have. After some talking to support, the official reason for the ban is “suspicious transactions in the ZAX” and since I used it to transfer AD from my Leadership army to my main, it’s easy to draw conclusions. At this point I would highly recommend to back off of the ZAX and Auction House and buy and transfer GMOPs instead.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
To be fair, getting potatos through leadership DOES break the intended system of "earn potatos by investing a lot of time" and "spend real moneyz to save time". Investing 15 mins per day to earn some 100k potatos requires the game to live completely off whales. Guess those moved on.
But it's an obvious flaw they would have to fix long ago, first taking leadership off the gateway, now removing potatos from LDS makes them look very desperate for money. Well, if the VIP system didn't already do that...

It looks a little as if they are trying to get a fresh start with the consoletards, avoiding the fuckups they did with us, since they have more or less already given up on the PC masterrace. Milked them dry, not much more to squeeze out.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well the leadership problem wouldn't be that much of a thing if the AD sinks they added into the game wouldn't be gigantic, especially now with Mod 6. Someone in the official forums thread ran a quick calculation and GMoPs and Blood Rubies for BiS enchantments alone will set you back over a thousand dollars even before Coals and Preservatives are factored in. During a 15% charge bonus and 2XRP event.

If they really wanted to reward actually playing the game, all chant progression should be based around time played (meaning, XP earned with said chant slotted) rather than RP.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
well in typical craptic fashion its nerf to the ground and keep everything else designed around high ad flow intact "to be revisited in future updates" ...

meaning u can now have 24k ad instead of 400k daily but all things in game still cost shitloads of ad since fucktards didnt bothered to adjust any sinks introduced since game launched ever...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
PC version is now a testbed for changes before it goes live on Xbone. There is still many shekelz to be made of consoletards, cannot upset them! Yet.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
ITZ here!

Leadership back on the gateway and no potatos anymore. But no other/increased rewards instead. Spend 1 mining claim to get 4g and 800 xp? Yes Sir, sign me up Sir! Destroy enemy camp for 400xp and the shitty blue bawx?
Totally worth leveling Leadership to 20+ amirite?
On the bright side, now I don't have to ponder what to slot anymore.

Edit: Looks like they forgot to remove it from "Recover large mining claim". Time to stock up on marks of gratitude. Until they plug that hole as well.

Vaarna_Aarne

Seems to me that there's only one way to actually make cash now: Play ELoL and salvage what you get. That's the only way to even get acceptable pittance that doesn't involve gruesome agony.

Gerrard

Arcane
No new class announced yet, but we know the next mod is the Underdark thing.

People are/have been DDoSing their servers by the way.
The lulz must flow.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
This is the 'dex, netiquette isn't very high on the priority list!

Unless you uncheck it, posting automatically makes the thread watched, so you get alerts if anyfag posted something. And Aarne usually answers any question within 24 hours. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom