Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I was bored, this is free, so I FINALLY checked it out.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Respecced my Guardian Fighter based on information I've read. We'll see how it compares with Sloppy's build + gear, but good news is that we now have a secondary GF to use in ELoL.

Vaarna_Aarne

Here Blib, the revolver+emergency healer build I use: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=2u0p:zb5pep:dn84:a02ad,1li3314:1u00000:15555zv:1000000&h=0&p=dvo

At-Wills are Astral Seal and Brand of the Sun. Astral Seal's use is obvious, but Brand of the Sun is in because it builds Divine Power like a motherfucker on its super-fast cast, and gives small ticks from its DoT too.

The main gist of the build is that before you cast ANY encounter, you triple tap Divine versions (usually Divine Glow + 2X Bastion of Health) so you cast everything with max Empower stacks. You generally just rotate Astral Shield and Divine Glow in this manner, I haven't experimented with Warding Flare much but initial impressions are underwhelming. Bastion of Health's normal version is kept in store as an emergency emergency heal (as in, you need to heal yourself quick). Solo, Astral is traded for Ion Cannon.

Dailies are either Divine Armor, or Hallowed Ground. Divine Armor is better at buffing defenses, but Hallowed Ground increases DPS in addition to DR. Solo, Flame Strike replaces Divine Armor.

Class Features are Foresight for bonus DR for the entire party, and either Healer's Lore (stronger heals), Divine Fortune (faster triple revolver between actual encounters), or Holy Fervor (more daily spam). I use Healer's Lore since it seems to just get the job done. Solo, obviously Terrifying Insight. Light of Divinity sucks dick, but it might be buffed some day to suck less dick.

Order of importance for allocating 4th PeePees for powers: Foresight, Astral Shield, Divine Glow, Bastion of Health, Daunting Light, Terrifying Insight, Divine Armor, Hallowed Ground, Flame Strike, Chains of Blazing Light, Astral Seal, Holy Fervor, Divine Fortune, Healer's Lore, Brand of the Sun. After that order is exhausted, whatever you like.

bloodlover

Arcane
You get to meet Drizzt now? Well that was... expected.

My hopes are still up that they will eventually bring monks into the game but with the Underdark theme I'm not seeing them in any time soon. We already have rogues, rangers and warlocks so I wonder what the next class could be (assuming it is related to the Underdark in the first place).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Judging by the trailer it will be a disciple of emofag. Only available in derpelf male with anime haircut, dual wield is mandatory and the bio is already prefilled with some dark and edgy past.

Wild Slop

Arcane
So that's how Drizzt is pronounced. I've been saying it wrong in my head all this time. I don't think that'll change even if I wanted.

Lhynn

Arcane
Why is this the leading d&d title in the market? isnt DDO better in p. much every way that matters?

Vaarna_Aarne

Here's my Warlock build Sloppy:

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=2v2n:z8d19t:9m9s:9ay0r,13jiu2i:150u000:1uu0z5v:1000000&h=0&p=slb

The main gist of this is in Borrowed Time and All-Consuming Curse, AKA crit synergy. Borrowed Time provides you with a decent regeneration rate as long as you aren't getting yourself beaten to a pulp without end, and All-Consuming Curse has a very special benefit to it in the sea of pretty poopy class features: Lesser Curse on crit is consume by Dreadtheft and re-applied on crit. Borrowed Time is the most important power to get to 4th, I am yet to get a new PP on overflow so I haven't tested 4th level All-Consuming Curse yet. All-Consuming Curse wins spot two feature purely through Darwinian methods: It's the least shit class feature left, with Shadow Walk being its only real challenger.

For at-wills, go with either Hand of Blight or Essence Defiler. I have Dark Spiral Aura as secondary mostly because there's not really much point in a secondary at-will when there's nothing worthwhile that isn't a different flavour of "shoot stuff".

Encounters are as follows. Solo: Dreadtheft, Blades of Vanquished Armies, Harrowstorm. DoTs are the key to soul sparks on crit, so get lots of AoE DoTs. Party: Dreadtheft, Warlock's Bargain, Harrowstorm. DoTs still rule the day, but Bargain is much more important and useful than Blades since you SHOULDN'T have a swarm of mooks around you. Alternative to Dreadtheft in emergencies is Soul Scorch, which does fairly high single target damage when cast on a cursed target. It's also highly spammable if you build sparks fast enough to not hamper your feat/feature bonuses. Killing Flames is also handy at times.

Dailies are Brood of Hadar/Flames of Phlegethos and Tyrannical Threat. Tyrannical Threat is the main thing you do as far as dailies go. Curse three most important targets that are bundled together, and the multiplied party damage wipes out the entire encounter. Brood of Hadar and Flames of Phlegethos are roughly equal, being substandard single target dailies. Brood deals higher damage than its tooltip tells tho, since the little flying sperm aren't factored in properly.

The Puppet is awesome, treasure it. It can tank bosses like a motherfucker due to the crazy AoE resistance it has (probably maybe even immunity). Otherwise, it's essentially a kamikaze platform that deals encounter level damage each swipe that also buffs you by its mere existence. EDIT: Do note that Mocking Spirit should never ever even be considered. The Soul Puppet is made of tissue paper against all attacks except AoEs, it'll be killed a lot more if it's targeted before you.

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
I appreciate that but will stubbornly stick to what I got for now. Should I take you up on it and for whatever reason not like it, I do have extra respec tokens from last Winter Event to switch a few times more so my options are open.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Level 55 now. I don't know why I still play this obviously subpar game. L0L The best thing I can say about it are the area/level designs are often fantastic. I really love the ice bridges on the mountain. <>

P.S. Isn't it bullcrap they have old areas/quests that seeminglt can't be completeable yet theys till give the quests out. Or so I've heard. Either that or really buggy.LMAO

Vaarna_Aarne

You mean the Sharandar/Dread Ring/Icewind Dale/Well of Dragons quests? That's mostly just that they were thinking with their asses when making Mod 6, so they hand out the intro quests to endgame areas when you are nowhere near to being able to survive there since they were rescaled for new level cap (used to be level 60 content, now it ranges from level 70 content in Sharandar/Dread Ring to level "fuck my ass" 73 content in Well). It's also kinda dumb given how if they were left alone they'd be a good way for players to level to level cap since the only reason to go there otherwise is to unlock the Campaign Boons.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I'm talking about whats eems to be 'end of area' quests that require groups. One example is Isis (which is on top of a beautiful mountain where you have to cross a magical bridge). You can't seem to enter them even with a group (or acces them in the queue which is an idea I like since it makes easier to form groups when needed). These are quests you receive when it sees you complete the area and you are told to go back to Big Boss Man in Neverwinter unless I'm misisng soemthing like you are mentioning.

I also love how as a tank paladin I'm damn near undamagable. :P Not coutning pvp which I've only done 3 times, I've only died 3 tiems and all b/c of lazyness or stupidty. First was jumping around like a madman on my horse and right off the cliff in the graveyard. :p Other two versus dragon because I was too lazy to back up and let others get targeted.

Currently I'm smacking around drow in the village. Playable game but clearly subpar.

Vaarna_Aarne

Oh THOSE quests. Yea, the asswipes removed majority of those dungeons (naturally, in Mod 6) for reasons nobody knows.

Also, being near undamageable is a tank class thing in this game, and absolutely necessary in endgame where enemy damage is so massive many classes are OHKOd on *mook* hits.

Vaarna_Aarne

Manboons for next Mod previewed: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/ne...603263-developer-blog:-the-underdark-campaign

Note that the *third* boon already requires a goddamn special item. Thankfully, the last two boons are IWD tier so you only need to worry about first three. Boon selection is also... Not particularly difficult choices there, optimal choices for each tier are obvious.

Also note that the two end tasks for AD/vouchters are completely useless.

eklektyk

Erudite
if i had the will to grind hru it i could be nice for squishy rogue for aditional dmg but giving hp regen ??? when they fucked it totaly last time ...totaly mindbogling

Vaarna_Aarne

Given the announcement of the perma-2X RP for artifact-refining-artifact starting from rank 15 and up, I'm starting to wonder if some "genius" figured that the players will surely like each new artifact because that means they can transfer their points for gains... Except, you know, we don't have the AD for all those Marks and ability unlocks no more.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Also the text only states you can "transfer" weapons, considering that they will most likely introduce other (and more powerful) artifact equipment as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom