Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Test ELoL set on GWF (managed to score a good sale with a Shard of Vali's Crown),

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 24107 (17597) Physical Damage to Eye of Gruumsh.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Finally reached L70. What is the best palce to go to adventure? Seems my character is under powered. L0L Tried to do the Akar Kessel of IWD fame with a group of 5 adn well.. we got slaughtered lol. I think i died more in this run then the entire first 70 levels. :P Ended up not beating him as too many of the aprty ended up quitting.. couldn't really injure him or or his beholder captriots. My nearly 70k hp + shield was no defense. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, the first thing you want to do is get through each of the quest areas in Spinward Rise, so you can get an artifact weapon to go along with the off-hand. If you have Astral Diamonds to spare, the main hand (and off-hand if Rogue or Ranger) can be replaced with an Ensorcelled Mulhorandi weapon from Auction House.

Besides that, the important bit would be to buy cheapo blue lv70 gear from the Auction House until you can replace it with basic Elemental Seal gear (these are acquired from running Epic Lair of Lostmauth, which we tend to do more than anything else since its not insanely difficult, gives decent AD per run, and has chance at an extremely high value drop). Before going to dungeons, always pick up the free daily key at Protector's Enclave. ELoL also drops hand and chest items of its basic gear set, so one should buy Enclave's seal store's hand and head slots first.

Aside from this actually reachable gearing presented above (just forget about Best-in-Slot, that shit is impossible to reach without whaling or exploiting), the thing you should get started on is the Campaigns. You've probably done something with Tyranny of Dragons so far, which you should only complete till 3rd boon is unlocked because it takes luck or lots of AD to get an item needed for 4th boon. First campaigns to start with should be Sharandar and Dread Ring. I don't know if Dread Ring still has horrible lag in its zone tho, that's rather annoying about it. IWD should be the last stop as far as campaigns go, unless you can find a party. IWD and Well of Dragons are the hardest zones in the game, with IWD's first area having some of the most annoying bastards in the game as enemies (namely, the fucking barbarians).

EDIT: You might also want to join the Codex guild and do dailies in the stronghold zone.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"IWD and Well of Dragons are the hardest zones in the game,"

Tell me about it. L0L

I like how they borrow old BIO RPGs. Gotr stupid Minsc. Even have the NWN elven priests Lulu. Plus, a street named after that stupid kobold. LMAO

I have never used Auction house.

Shararandar House does seem a little reasonble. I wa shoping to focus on WOD since by the time you get to L70 you already killed a bunch of dragons repetively already. HAHA.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wasn't the DC sigil an artifact of power before? Or am I imagining things?

Gerrard

Arcane
And no fucks were given.

What did it bring anyway? A new class?
Nah, no new class to be seen in the near future.
The 2 biggest things are really AD and trade bar store changes that make shit less ridiculously expensive, and having actual quests to go from 60 to 70 instead of the soulless vigilance grind.
I don't know how much XP those quests actually give in total though.

Gerrard

Arcane
hows the "feels" in protectors enclave??? still teeming crowds or an empty void? less ppl solves lag problems there :)
The instance cap is still 50 people in PE so you won't see much difference unless the game will be really dead.
The campaign zones still lag like shit though and you sometimes have to wait 5+ seconds for interaction prompt to appear.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Lag in PE? Must be a PC player. L0L Only real lag is iwhen you get in HE spam groups. L0L

Anyways, I dunno why I even play this game still but I do. I did find a way to get zen without spending money. HAHA Just use AD. btw, The stuff you get from epic level ups is rather lame. Outside of the first time when I got an ability point I've gotten shitty gems. And, the last time I got a garbage runestone that you can get from a random drop. L0LZ

I really hate PvP. My paladin has no shot as I almost literally cna't damage anyone. :P

Also, is it even possible to beat Tiamat? I've tried many times and it never works even thoguh I'm also in the Gold Bracket. It is ridioculous plus it doesn't help with people quitting midway through the fight cause things ain't goin' smoothly.

Vaarna_Aarne

PvP is probably the worst showcase of the post-Mod 6 balance, because it's all about whales or exploiters. The gear gap can now be so enormous and the effort/cash needed to reach it impossible.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
In the old days beating Tiamat was as easy as stealing candy from a mudcrab, as long as nobody tried to sabotage it with a bug. Everybody was horriburu overgeared. Linu polished my scale so often I could have bought the crappy armor right away.

But now? Haven't touched it since the lvl cap increase and the retarded difficulty increase. Why bother? The equipment is crap anyway. Spend you time on watching paint dry, that is certainly more productive.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I'm in a guild but nobody is really active. My user name is Volourn and character name is Volourn Honourblade. L0L But, I don't think I can join the PC Masterace Guild b/c you guys are on PC. I'm on xbox one.

But, yeah, I've faced Tiamat over ten times. No wins. Closest we got was getting 3 heads down to near death. Like I said, it also doesn't help that some people quit the soon it looks 'hard' and others just stand around doing nothing. I've always placed in the Gold bracket. I don't know what the criteria is though for 'points. Best thing I gain was a bad of holding with a bunch of slots.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Like I ever been scared or intimidated by the Dex. Banned? been there done that don't have the tshirt. Playing on xbox allows, me to still spam the internet while playing. L0LZ

Gerrard

Arcane
Connect your TV as second monitor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom