Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Thinking of investing some more time in this.

I played about 1 hour many months ago and thought it was low-grade shit. But after trying to get into GW2 on-and-off over the last few months and failing (seriously, "job-quest - the ultra-casual MMO") , I thought I'd give it another go. Played a couple of hours this morning and quite enjoyed it.
I'm a "guardian fighter", or something. Prolly more interesting classes I could've chosen, but I just continued on from whatever I made way back when.

Mystified by quite a lot of stuff at the moment. I take it companions are something you have to buy?

Edit: I also ahve some "respec failed" message that comes up every time I enter a new area. Not sure what's going on. I didn't try to respec and I have no points to spend... is this a known bug?

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, there's IMO only one sort of companion that matters: The Augments. This generally means either Cat (AD farming required, not too tough once you can run Lair of Lostmauth comfortably to gain salvage) or Ioun Stone of Allure (cash shop). Augment companions are essentially extra gear slots, which I find to be the most useful function for them. Other companions with better passive bonuses are generally cash shop (ie, Cantankerous Mage and Will-o-Wisp have Control Bonus, making them exceptional bench-sitters for boosting Wizards) or special event (Death Slaad is supposedly bestest bench-sitter according to bloggers).

Guardian Fighter is a good class and generally an interesting one to play, seeing how in high-level party play (though apparently less important if BiS wallet warriors/exploiters are on) tanks are super-important for smooth runs. Less so in Raids (specifically Demogorgon, that is) since that's just a matter of zerging and hoping nobody is a fucknugget that doesn't know the Raid's no-nos.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Thanks for the info.

TBH, I'm unlikely to spend money unless it really sucks me in, and we're a long way from that yet. Of the 16th lvl freebies, the obvious choices seem to be the Cleric or Dog. Hmmm

Gerrard

Arcane
Y'all niggas need to get online so I can get rid of all these Simril gifts taking up space in my inventory.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Guardian Fighter is a good class and generally an interesting one to play
Ye gods, how timeth have changed. I can almost imagine what a smug face Sloppy must be having all day.

I haven't really bothered with Simril this year, only a handful of gifts on one char and I always got the shitty fishing bait and scarves most of the time anyway. Ironically what I would need is lockboxes, because dem keys are piling up already.

Gerrard

Arcane
The newest lockbox has some good shit in it, so if you're gonna be opening it's probably this one. The old ones that had the item that just converts into AD are also a good pick I hear.

E: bonus lulz
h7cPpW7.jpg

:badnews:

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
"Salvatore is a womynhating chauvinist pig? Somebody call the SJW squad at once!
What do you say? There are strong female characters in his book? I bet they are all white, because he is a racist!
They aren't? Then he is just mocking people with african roots, because he is a pig-ish pig."

Nah, those people aren't even entertaining anymore. It's 2016, we need something new.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Whelp. They just may have found a cure for my fixation with this subpar game. LMAO I don't recall as blatant flat out lie a developer has stated about a game in forever if at all. LMAO

Gerrard

Arcane
Whelp. They just may have found a cure for my fixation with this subpar game. LMAO I don't recall as blatant flat out lie a developer has stated about a game in forever if at all. LMAO
Should've played with us on PC.
:troll:

Norfleet

This is what happens when you are a Consoletard. PC Master Race for life!

Watch them decide the console version is unprofitable and cancel it, too. They just recently sacked the Mac version in STO.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So wait.... PWE pulled a bait and switch on the consoletards and is now trying to avoid drowning? Geee, who would have expected something like that from them. It was pretty obvious that the whole XBox version was just a plan to squeeze as much money as possible out of naiv newcomers, since most (if not all) money is spent by fresh players at the beginning.

PWE's gonna PWE. Nothing new here.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I've heard that they have screwed PC suers in the past. That is just what i do. Thankfully, I haven't spent much. About 5-10$ and considering how much I've played it wassn't too bad. I know I haven't been as focused to play since they screwed everybody over. L0L Hopefully, I'll cut down my game time. Oh well. It just means Ill have more time to do other things. :)

Wild Slop

Arcane
It really is a terrible habit. I am still checking in to get my daily keys but for the most part don't even bother updating the professions. Why do I do this to myself?

Now, like I was saying to Bubbahotep, the big new thing is with the next Mod they are bringing back dungeons*! They really do spoil us.

If the next mod follows standard operating procedure that means all those suckas that have respec'd to fit stat changes and have been grinding away getting the current mod's new gear will have all that nullified and get to start anew.

*not all the dungeons

Gerrard

Arcane
For a time I believed the rumors that they are doing dumb shit to tank the game on purpose to get out of contract with Hasbro/WotC, but then why would they have wasted money on development of the Xbox version? And why would they bother actually improving the game (which they did in some places, especially since the old designer left). I think they are really just that bad at making video games.

eklektyk

Erudite
so what they did to xbone users ? :)

and yes-dungeons- quality check and hp bloat pass of few of them took like 2 years - really brightest game designers at pwe ...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Something about taking coals and blood rubies out of the trade bar store, of cause only because people where "hoarding" those. And misleading them into thinking they wouldn't, quickly adding "does not apply to the XBone version" to those newsposts and all that crap.
Since coals are pretty much the only thing everyone needs to have, they thought it was a clever idea to have them fork over zen for it. Sounds like a great business plan amirite?

Whatever. NWO always had the problem that nothing was really needed from the Zen store, so nobody spent real moneyz after one pony.
STO at least has new ships every blue moon people like to buy, since the game IS mostly space combat.

Now, like I was saying to Bubbahotep, the big new thing is with the next Mod they are bringing back dungeons*! They really do spoil us.

*not all the dungeons
Let me translate that from PWEspeak: "We are going to bring back ONE dungeon. Boss chest requires a key from the Zen store. Gearscore of 10000 needed. Keys are discounted for a limited time now!"

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Not to mention it was to be doubl AD and xp this weekend bu the canceled that. L0L I wa slooking forward to improving my character hoarding things. But... not... They did a brirby thing yeterday about gifting stuff to player sbut I've received shit yet.
LOL

As for the new content not as good as it could be. The new area is basically empty esxcept for the demo fight which isn't even as tough as Tiamat despite requiring a higher IL. L0L

eklektyk

Erudite
in other words craptic being craptic even on consoles and backediting shit left and right after failing to deliver promissed goods and last minute scramble to "fix" shit at the office :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh noes, I iz not beings of VIP anymore!

Is it 5+ months of not playing this game already? Dayum, time really flies when you are having fun. By not playing. Imagine somefag would have of payed real dorrars for the VIP status...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Any new classes coming about?

Any new "gameplay-feel" changes to the Warlock, Rogue, Hunter, or Cleric?

Trying to decide if I wanna come back. Either back to my Rogue, Warlock, or Hunter.

Or maybe I'll try a Paladin, I don't think I had one. Not going to do Wizard, I have a high level one already.

I like an active-defense (as in I have to either actively block or actively dodge, rather than just soak up damage while spamming attack), good DPS, and AOE options to take out annoying triplets. I was thinking of the dagger prestige class Rogue before but it was considered underpowered back then.

What I also find cool is ranged-melee hybrid, though I wasn't too fond of the Hunter's somewhat-clunky stance change (Rogue seemed better). I think the Rogue can do that without stance change, but on the other hand melee seemed too single-targetey - which is fine against bosses, but gets annoying against three-npc trash encounters. I can't remember how the Warlock plays.

Man, where the fuck is my Swordmage/Bladesinger?

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Decided to give NWO a short spin yesterday, since I still have fiddy unused lockbox keys collecting dust. Got some ankleboots out of one.
Did they lower diffculty again, or was it just for the new "storyline", similar to the one with Minsc? I barely got hurt in them and I am basically in budget gear. Stopped when the send me to some location that smelled like a new campaign grindfest. I wonder if the appearance of Tyler Drizzt Durden was enough to give players wet panties.
Pretty forgettable episode actually, but at least it's free, where SWTOR has you pay subscribshun for that level of fresh entertainment.

Leadership reached max level now as well, but the final task absolutly not worth the effort.

Welp, time to pause again until the next... something comes along.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom