Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's not really that relevant, the power points only reduce the need to respec a tiny bit.

Gerrard

Arcane
I love how even before any changes were up on the preview shard there was a 25 page thread about "nerfs" to the GWF, which are actually fixes to a broken feat (Deep Gash) that basically ended up being up to 40% of your total damage output. But there's also a whole bunch of buffs being made to compensate for that.

If this stops retards playing the class then I couldn't be happier.

http://nwzen.biz/
Website tracking the Zen:AD exchange.

Gerrard

Arcane
They're still adjusting stuff, but currently we have
  • Battle Awareness: Savage advance now grants shorter cooldowns for 15 seconds (up from 5).
  • Destroyer's Purpose: This feat now grants an additional effect. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 2%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 25 seconds.
  • Executioner's Strike: Indomitable Battle Strike now deals a bonus 6/12/18/24/30% bonus damage as the target's health diminishes (up from 2/3/6/8/10%). This feat no longer has any interaction with Reaping Strike. This feat now also increases the damage of Sure Strike by 6/12/18/24/30% as the target's health diminishes.
  • Student of the Sword: This feat has been redesigned. Your Critical Strikes now lower your target's Damage Resistance to your attacks by 1/2/3/4/5%. This effect cannot stack.
  • Disciple of War: This feat now grants 25% of your Recovery and Armor Penetration as Power. (Was: Grants 25% of your Recovery as Armor Penetration)
  • Focused Destroyer: This feat now increases the damage bonus of Destroyer by .7/1.4/2.1/2.8/3.5%
  • Relentless Battle Fury: This feat now grants 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) shorter cooldowns to Battle Fury, Takedown, and Roar. Additionally the damage of Roar and Takedown are increased by 5/10/15/20/25% and the duration of Battle Fury is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.
Not sure if this is all.

Vaarna_Aarne

Balance changes seem to be fewer this module in general after a quick glance on the forums.

Also, I got that Perfect Vorpal I mentioned. Ultimately I am... Rather underwhelmed.

Gerrard

Arcane
I think it's funny how they removed the feat effect on Reaping Strike. That power is so badly designed, I wonder if they're going to remove it or radically change what it does.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yes, the delve keys are great, I wish they would have added them sooner (they were on preview before Mod 2).
Also, I imagine this will reduce the gear prices on the AH. If you want to gear up just spend some AD on a key and keep running he dungeon for the chest instead of paying ridiculous amounts.

i like that i have over 100 7days coffers and no urge to open them at all ....
i wonder if i can hit 200 ...
Wait until update, maybe they will change something. Can't really bet much worse.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
wel its A key per day BUT only ONE u can have in inventory so .... craptic learned from sharandar keys and no more of stashes [curently i think over 300 and counting: ]

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
i read somewhere [cant be arsed to look it now since they flood posts sometimes] that 1 key is free and bound and can be used anytime but once u have that key in inv no more keys will be given no mater passing time until u use that one

editty

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?657151-Module-3-Preview-Dungeon-Delve-Keys

pretty much right

editty2

hahahahahaowow reading upcoming patch notes is always fun :)

""Icewind Bosses and Minibosses can now see through stealth. ""

way to fuck rogues even more ...GG CRApTIC

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Now I'm mostly pondering if I should give my old faithful (Greater Plaguefire) enchant to my GWF or some other alt. Cleric is obviously out because Clerics benefit the most from Vorpal out of all the Enchants due to (as far as I can tell) Crit Severity from it affecting Critical Heals as well.

The other alts have: Lesser Vorpal (Rogue, Cleric, Ranger), Lifedrinker (GWF) and Terror (Guardian).

eklektyk

Erudite
recently i managed to get my hunter to lvl60 [this makes all my chars 60 - main plus 8 slaves ]
and with almost complited leadership grind on them i may look into pimping up some of theem ...
so far i only went for some enchants on clerics and rogues weapons

Gerrard

Arcane
For GF Greater Plague Fire is best, since it will give you the most extra damage, and if you have the Rampaging Madness boon from DR it lets you build up stacks ridiculously fast.
Terror is good for DCs because it only requires one hit and not 3. And healing? The only healing people get from me is Astral Shield, Repurpose Soul and Hallowed Ground, if you need more healing get more life steal or stop being retarded. Vorpal is good if you want to heal in PvP.

After Mod 3 comes out and Deep Gash is no longer retarded (where every tick is a crit) Vorpal will probably stop being the go-to enchant for GWF and GPF/Lightning/Flaming might become more viable.

Funnily enough, it's not so certain if Warlock will really be the next class. We know that it won't be released with Mod 3, and in the official thread on the forums the most wanted is Paladin, though the sample size is really small.

Also, here's another site, one that shows the event times, something that should be in the gateway
https://drunkenmmo.com/neverwinter/events

Vaarna_Aarne

I'll probably toss the Fire to the GWF then, given how the main reason the GF has Terror for now is purely for visuals with Sword of Tyranny skin.

EDIT: One thing I also look forward to is getting those class-specific Artifacts. Finally something to pump all those leadershipbox junk enchants into.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
funny thing is: i still got only 2 artifacts on 9 characters .... did not bothered with grinding thru that tedious dungeon to get them ...

but i heard of some added quest for aditional artifacts for lvl60 ppl ?? wonder what that will entail

and terror ench is propably the easiest one to get right now [u need only coal to fuse all them shards from grindin sharandar rep]

Lhynn

Arcane
Someone change the title of this thread to "Skinners box online" please.

Lhynn

Arcane
Those jewboxes? They've never had anything especially valuable to them.
Nope, crafting, the dailys, the hourly and the timed activities for the most part. The boxes are just a cheap facebookish attempt at forcing people to pay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom