Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Norfleet

im waiting for them to finaly add guildhall to build .... im fucking tired of running from mail to bank and ad nauseum....
Pah, like YOU slackers could manage to build anything. Since I don't intend to take up NW, as I figured even I was into playing more than one game at a time, I missed the boat on it, I have no idea who the hell you plan to have build your castle.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
im waiting for them to finaly add guildhall to build .... im fucking tired of running from mail to bank and ad nauseum....
Pah, like YOU slackers could manage to build anything. Since I don't intend to take up NW, as I figured even I was into playing more than one game at a time, I missed the boat on it, I have no idea who the hell you plan to have build your castle.
NW favours slacking.

Gerrard

Arcane
Those early exploits barely have an effect on the game now. It's all farming with good groups now, or chinese botters. I get like 2-3 spam mails daily.
So unless you wanted to dupe silly amounts of AD to sell it off you hardly missed anything.

E: fucking key sale again, goddamn. They sure were determined to drive up the exchange to the limit.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Those early exploits barely have an effect on the game now.
You say this, but I know better. Acquiring fabulous wealth early on in the game has a snowball effect for all eternity. I know this because I've been there.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah Zen demand saps the Astral Diamond supply, so there's been no inflation of prices at the Auction House. By this point all the exploit stashes must be gone either from Caturday wipe or from simple demand (essentially becoming a second large injection of cash into the market after launch).

Norfleet

You're still thinking about it in terms of the aggregate. It's true, the effect on the general public is unlikely to persist past 3-4 months before being diluted into imperceptibility. But there's going to be those out there who are still raking it in from the Good Times.

Gerrard

Arcane
All I'm saying is that it's not impossible to get "lodsamoney" now, just that it requires actually playing the game.

eklektyk

Erudite
didnt managed to up all my slaves to 3rd boon lvl so for now will just go "light" on that campaign ...

on a slightly related note : new paragon for ranger worth an alt ??? [didnt saw the point of making another cleric or rogue but got twice of gf gwf and cws - still one slot that was waiting for new class/race but i always can buy 2 more so...]]

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't doubled up on any class myself, since I can just switch between Paragon paths. Means less cashflow in the long run tho.

Vaarna_Aarne

Looks like some Chinese Overlord was paying attention
  • Caer-Konig: Total population cap has been reduced to help with crowding and client side performance issues.

eklektyk

Erudite
beware that codemonkeys yet again broken gate triggers [who knows how many this time] and death forge in dread ring is unfinishable at current state

i love how they manage to shit code every time ... just like they need to show shit needs fixin so dont fire us pretty please ....

editty:

rage mode ON

and i love how those morons simply destroyed hunter with this patch
he was baerly playable and nerf to split shit is simply crippling

i was using this to quickly dispose of trash mobs and deal with harder ones [more hp with single target abilities afterwards]
so along comes nerw with "25%" damage reduction ...yeah right this is craptic we talk about after all

before i was dealing with fomorians trash with 2 -3 split shot aplications [mostly2]
now i need fucking 6-7 shots of this to kil those little fuckers ...

i dread to thing how utterly usles this will be when they apply envisioned "40%" ....

fucking glad i did not make second hunter but 3rd gwf ...bestest decision evah

rant mode OFF

sorry for venting but now im dreading that grind thru campaigns with this shit ...meh

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=p9z:27eh1c:14jpog,13cku2i:1u0000:1zu051:1u0000&h=0&p=ivn

Here's my GWF build, as mentioned. The change I'd most consider is switching Student of the Sword for Executioner's Style, due to Indomitable Battle Strike getting up to 30% extra damage from it. I don't have numbers, but that might be a better overall effect than -5% to enemy resistances. The build also doesn't have extra 3 Heroic Feat points humans have, being for a Half-Orc, and it uses the Iron Vanguard paragon path due to me liking it better (Gerrard uses a Swordmaster, so he could comment on that); if I were to distribute the 3 extra points, I'd put them either to Critical Chance 3/3 and Unstoppable Action 2/5, or just Unstoppable Action 3/5.

Class Features slotted most of the time are Destroyer (obviously) and Steadfast Determination (I prefer it due to how it lets you rage all day erry day). Steadfast Determination can be switched to Weapon Master or Trample The Fallen at a whim.

Gerrard

Arcane
That was fast. But not unexpected.
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5004393
Announcing Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons
We’re pleased to announce Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons, the fourth free content expansion, will launch on August 14, 2014.

The fourth module will offer a new storyline with a compelling and vibrant Dungeons & Dragons experience. The Tyranny of Dragons storyline is just the beginning of us bringing new serialized Dungeons & Dragons entertainment to fans of both tabletop and MMOs, as we continue to bridge the gap between both mediums.

E: for people who don't know what the fuss is about
https://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dnd/tyrannyofdragons

Also interesting first tidbit
A white dragon plunders caravans heading north to Icewind Dale.
Might be more use for that empty region map already.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

That was fast. But not unexpected.
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5004393
Announcing Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons
We’re pleased to announce Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons, the fourth free content expansion, will launch on August 14, 2014.

The fourth module will offer a new storyline with a compelling and vibrant Dungeons & Dragons experience. The Tyranny of Dragons storyline is just the beginning of us bringing new serialized Dungeons & Dragons entertainment to fans of both tabletop and MMOs, as we continue to bridge the gap between both mediums.

Vaarna_Aarne

Since Blib's got a Cleric, here's the current build I'm using:

http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlq:27sim4:1yibb4,13l3314:120000:1uz50v:1i0000&h=0&p=dvo

Class Features are Divine Fortune (ALWAYS, no exceptions!), and either Healer's Lore/Foresight/Terrifying Insight/Holy Fervor depending on the use (haven't experimented yet whether or not I feel more party favor comes from Lore or Foresight). Default loadouts are:

Solo 1: Daunting Light/Forgemaster's Flame/Healing Word
Solo 2 (moar deeps): Daunting Light/Chains of Blazing Light or Divine Glow/Healing Word
Party 1: Astral Shield/Forgemaster's Flame/Healing Word
Party 2: Daunting Light/Forgemaster's Flame/Astral Shield

Forgemaster's is the mega-heal in Divine mode, no other spell heals as much as EX Forgemaster's Flame.

Dailies are almost always Flame Strike and Hallowed Ground. Flame Strike is sometimes replaced by Divine Armor, Hallowed Ground is rarely replaced by Hammer of Fate if I am overwhelmed by screenshot addiction. At-Wills are almost always Sacred Flame and Astral Seal, though in party dungeons Sacred Flame MIGHT conceivably be replaced by Brand of the Sun for fire & forget divinity build-up.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My Cleric is currently leveling just by praying to the Potato-God and yelling at mercenaries to donate more potatos. Pretty fitting for a Cleric actually...
I didn't anticipate the amount of time leveling requires in NWO, i guess STO spoiled me a little too much. But your guide will certainly come in handy once i unleash Codexia eventually, so thanks.

I also have a few noobish questions while we're at it:

a) IIRC you said i should pick the 6/7 box from the godshop, i assume those things inside are comparable to STO's marks?

b) I noticed having unused companions slots that would still give me stat boni if filled. Should i spend some Shekels on common companions, another cleric maybe, then switching them in when turning in quests to level them? Or are better ones right around the corner?

c) Are Astral Potatos rewarded in higher amounts than dilitium in STO? I noticed the refining cap is 3 times higher (and the prices).

d-z) a lot of other stuff i fail to remember right now

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
When does leveling slow down? I started a new Cleric character on Friday and with about 6 hours of play I hit level 20 over the weekend. And that was with me taking things a bit slow.

Vaarna_Aarne

a) Yea, they're exactly like rep Marks. They'll significantly cut down on the time needed to plow through the campaigns. Afterwards you'll want only the 7/7 box, for the weekly shot at a Coalescent Ward (guaranteed 100% enchantment fusion, this item is the cornerstone of the player economy and a necessity for Weapon enchantment fusion).

b) Slotted companions provide a passive bonus that's determined by their quality. This is one of the few things where Z-store has the edge, as some of the companions there have good benefits (though class-specific, ie the two Control Bonus companions for a Wizard). It's not a necessity, and you can always put obsolete companions to the inactive companion bag. The only companion you NEED are either a Ioun Stone of Allure (cybershekels) or Cat (astral potatoes), as those companions are stat-boosters (they provide 100% of their stats to you, and are otherwise untargetable, passive and non-damaging).

c) Yes they are. With Leadership 20 and max level a single log-in will net a minimum of 5,800 potatoes, and up to 16,000 if you're lucky on what assignments are given to you. Log in twice a day (need green quality Man-At-Arms for this, potentially your first investment once potatoes start rolling in) and your minimum is 10,000 astral potatoes + whatever lucky assignments you get.

d-z) Slam some jams!

When does leveling slow down? I started a new Cleric character on Friday and with about 6 hours of play I hit level 20 over the weekend. And that was with me taking things a bit slow.
It's not really that slow. More of a question of how turbo-charged your effectiveness in plowing through the extended tutorial is. It's very much possible to go from level 50 to level 60 in a single day.

Vaarna_Aarne

Updated guide to playing GWF:

rivqcy.jpg

eklektyk

Erudite
soooo i was hapily doin my dailies when suddenly client shat itself and i saw my pulpit ...well ok relaunch and what ??? nothing ...shit is borked and the same goes for sto ...wonderfull patch indeed Craptic Code Monkeys 101 goin for a brake before try to fix their shit

Vaarna_Aarne

Here's the Wizard build Drakron, using Master of Flame paragon path, that I'm currently using myself:

http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=np7:27c0fk:1dthkj,13n30i3:100000:1u0000:1zu551&h=0&p=mof

At-Wills are usually Magic Missile (every wizard build's bread and butter DPS at-will) and Scorching Burst (used solely to refresh or apply Smoulder on demand, can easily be swapped for Ray of Frost). Mastery Encounter is Fanning The Flames, normal encounters are Entangling Force, Steal Time, and Shard of the Endless Avalanche. Dailies are Ice Storm and Arcane Singularity. Active class features are Critical Conflagration and Swath of Destruction to capitalize on Smoulder and criticals.

EDIT: Also one change I would make to feats myself: No Critical Power feat, the 10 second cooldown kills any utility it has. Would probably swap for Malevolent Surge for more mob blasting.

EDIT2: Here's an updated build using Spellstorm paragon path:

http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=nof:27df40:20dqks,13h30j3:100000:1z0000:15u551&h=0&p=ssm

Stuff used by me with this build: Class Features are Eye of the Storm and Storm Spell, Mastery spell is Sudden Storm, regular spells are Entangling Force/Steal Time/Shard of the Endless Avalanche, dailies are Ice Storm and Arcane Singularity, at-wills are Magic Missile and Storm Pillar.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, the facegen improvements are really impressive, while they reduced the number of texture types for the faces has been reduced, it's not a real loss when the number of base shapes for the faces has been greatly increased.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom