Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm interested in testing out how well Overload with life steal works for GWF. Could result in much invincibility when Life Steal is raised by 800/1600 with 4000/8000 temp hp on top.

Gerrard

Arcane
Well hello there! Unless you suffer from terrible lag, you could give your Sentinel GWF near invulnerabilty if you mangage to shift around like a twitchy hunter during unstoppable.
Damage resistance is capped at 80%, so if you're a sentinel then you will hit that just by using unstoppable and this buff will not affect you.

LwSQ99i.png

Get out of here Stalker.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

It threw me off for a long time that Neverwinter uses a direct damage resistence equation, instead of the crazier equation used in Champions and STO where 100% resistance means 50% reduction.

Wild Slop

Arcane
They've been announcing hidden code contest which I gather is via some ARC function.

On the new lock box posting the below quoted is inexplicably within the discrtion of the [Black Ice Shaping Special Pack] , save for what I assume is the hidden code contests they now do :

I don't do ARC but if any of you do try it out.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Agassi

Scourge Warlock
Wicked Witch class announced (though everyone already knew it was coming): http://community.arcgames.com/en/ne...6002833-scourge-warlock-available-in-module-4

EDIT: Oh yea, and more Preview patch notes on CW by Crush:

Magic Missile: Casting times have been reverted to their live state. Damage has been reduced by roughly 32%.
Chill Strike: Casting time reduced to 1 second. Damage reduced by roughly 15%
Conduit of Ice: Casting time reduced to 1 second. Damage reduced by roughly 17%.
Entangling Force: Casting time reduced to 1 second.
Ray of Enfeeblement: Casting time reduced to .9 seconds. Damage reduced by roughly 32%
Master of Flame: Fanning the Flame: Casting time reduced to 1 second. Base damage reduced by roughly 33%.
Spellstorm: Sudden Storm: Damage increased by roughly 25%

I have no idea if the buff to Sudden Storm includes the previous damage nerf, but given the nerf to Fan it might increase Spellstorm's odds of staying viable (the main thing is that you change Blitz for Smoulder, and you try to get that Big Crit with Sudden Storm, assuming they don't fuck Sudden Storm up horrible). Other than that, Magic Missile continues to get beat up horribly with the nerf bat, and RoE is still dead in the water.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
i cant figure out what the resoning behind those haphazard abortion of wild nerfs is ...well beside obvious one : lookie here we bring bettah and neff one shiny magicka class so go forth and grind new char if u want to play that ...
i liked magic missile but with that nerfs it will be fucking worthless ...i need to give a serious look at what to use now and what feats o supplement it with ...and hope as fuck that this time morons will give us that respec ...otherwise i will simply put another 2 chars on praybot duty and start 2 new farms ....

Vaarna_Aarne

Chilling Cloud is going to be primary at-will for all Wizards next Mod, everyone will spec Oppressor since it makes stunlocking trivial and lets you deal much more damage with everything (seriously, at the present Preview version of Shatter Strike is mega-powerful for any purpose), everyone spams Icy Terrain and Mastery Conduit all the time, and Steal Time is used by everyone. Overall damage is probably reduced only for people who relied completely on Eye of the Storm and Shard of the Endless Avalanche.

EDIT: Smart money says Warlocks will have staff alternate weapon skins:

9fc8fe824f090df4379ea6fa91571a711404252860.jpg

EDIT2: Some Guardian Fighter changes on Preview:

Hey all, we are adding another pair of Guardian Fighter changes to the upcoming patch. We do want Guardians to deal a little more damage personally without major overhauls to power ratios or weapon damage because those things factor into many different places in combat, so we are making another change to mark to facilitate more damage. Additionally we are reworking Reckless Attacker to make more sense with the new block and be much easier to comprehend and use.

Mark: Targets who are Marked have -20% damage resistance against strikes from the Guardian Fighter. Targets who are marked still have -8% damage resistance against the Guardian Fighter's allies.

Feats: Conqueror: Reckless Attacker: *Rework* When struck in combat you gain Reckless Attacker. Reckless Attacker increases your damage by 5% and Critical chance by 2%. Reckless Attacker lasts 10 seconds and stacks up to 5 times.

As far as block goes, I have increased the duration substantially internally (which by proxy makes all stamina restore options far more potent) so before we make any more block adjustments I want to see how those work out. Those should be in with all the other changes that hit this week (again, barring things going wrong).

As far as the reason we don't want to go with unlimited block that scales up and down in potency (which was one of the prototypes we did try internally) was because of the difficult interaction with healers. The new block allows for more healer interactions by letting some degree of consistent damage through while still making your damage resistance matter. The block being a consistent value means that the Guardian Fighter can control that incoming damage and it is something measured and consistent for both the healer and the guardian.

Old block was also directly opposed to this because it was quite spiky in nature. So the new block system (with the substantially lengthened stamina duration) should give a much finer degree of control to that damage flow.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I see Warlock armor design follows the new bondage-straps-everywhere trend.
Good thing i left one charslot open, though now I have to come up with another witty name for the Potato-Witch... Geralda Ziemniak Wiedźma? Naaaaaa... :D

Did the preview shard already reveal the whorelocks role? Ranged damage dealer i guess with all those nerfs for the CW.

Vaarna_Aarne

Warlock isn't on preview yet. As for CW nerf, do note that so far it's been targeted against specific spells rather than overall, so really you just swap out Shard and Magic Missile and then go back to killing things (with, for example, Steal Time that deals 75% more damage now).

Vaarna_Aarne

Warlock is on Preview now:

Warlock Class Unlocked for testing!
Please use the official Scourge Warlock thread for any feedback you have from playtesting:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...courge-Warlock
  • Class Mechanics
    • Warlock's Curse (Tab Power): Places a Warlock's Curse on your target, increasing the damage they receive form you by 20%. You may place your Warlock’s Curse on up to 3 different targets, but the damage bonus will be divided between them. Can be placed on up to three targets.
    • Soul Puppet: Several Warlock powers can summon a Soul Puppet to fight alongside you. You may only have a single Soul Puppet active at any time. Soul Puppets will follow you for 120 seconds or until they have attacked 5 times, at which point they will dissipate. If you attempt to summon a Soul Puppet when you already have one active your current Soul Puppet gains a 20% increase in damage for 20 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times."
    • Lesser Curse: Deals damage over time, and counts as a Curse for power interactions. Applied by numerous powers and feats.
  • At-will powers
    • Dark Spiral Aura: Fire a blast of dark energy at your target, expending your collected Dark Spirals
    • Eldritch Blast: A blast of eldritch flame scorches your target. The third strike also damages enemies around your primary target.
    • Hand of Blight: You form necrotic power in your hand and hurl it at your opponent from range.
    • In melee range you don't form the projectiles and attack faster. In addition, these melee strikes create Blight the target temporarily reducing their damage. (Max 4 stacks). The fourth hit at either range deals additional damage, and the melee hit also adds an additional stack of Blight.
    • Hellish Rebuke: A fiery rebuke that deals damage and ignites your target with hellfire. If they foolishly strike you after the rebuke, the hellfire's duration will be refreshed.
  • Class Features
    • Dark One's Blessing: Gain life whenever a target affected by your Warlock's Curse dies.
    • Deadly Curse: Your Warlock's Curse deals damage when applied to targets not already affected by your Warlock's Curse.
    • Shadow Walk: You run 10% faster while Shadow Sprinting.
    • Warding Curse: Targets affected by your Warlock's Curse deal 4% less damage to you.
    • Flames of Empowerment: Deal 8% more damage while your Action Point gauge is full.
    • No Pity, No Mercy: Critical hits now briefly give you combat advantage over critically hit targets.
    • Prince of Hell: Increases your Armor Penetration stat by 10%.
  • Encounter powers
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: You create a swarm of shadowy blades that circle around you, damaging nearby enemies.
    • Cursed Bite: Deals damage to your cursed targets.
    • Dreadtheft: You unleash a dark beam that lances through your enemies. This power will continue to fire for up to 6 seconds or until you release the button.
    • Fiery Bolt: You fling a ball of Eldritch Flame that explodes upon hitting your target, dealing reduced damage to nearby targets.
    • Killing Flames: You use your target's suffering to fuel infernal flames around them. Damage increased based on the percentage of target's missing hit points, and killing your target with this power builds 25% more action points and spawns a Soul Puppet. (Known Issue: It does not currently build 25% more AP.)
    • Infernal Spheres: Summon an array of infernal spheres, each waiting to shoot out towards nearby enemies.
    • Vampiric Embrace: Rip the life essence from your target, dealing damage and converting 50% of that damage into Hit Points. Curse Consume: Gain Temporary Hit Points equal to half the amount of health stolen. Curse is expended.
    • Harrowstorm: Call up a churning storm of eldritch power around your target, damaging them and enemies around them for a brief duration.
    • Warlock's Bargain: You forge a link between an enemy's soul and your own, and then offer it to your dark patrons. You sacrifice 15% of your own health to steal life from your target over time. In addition, 15% of your incoming damage is redirected to your linked target. Warlock's Bargain is considered a curse, but is not removed by powers that consume them.
    • Wraith's Shadow: You summon shadows to smother your foe in a sickly mass of darkness, reducing their outgoing damage, and dealing damage over time.
    • Pillar of Power: Create a conduit of power at target location that grants additional damage to your powers. This conduit erupts in a blaze of hellish flame if an enemy moves over it.
  • Daily powers
    • Accursed Souls: Draw in the souls of nearby enemies, Healing yourself and corrupting their spirits which you then force back into their bodies. Affected targets are temporarily affected by corruption and will spawn a Soul Wraith if killed. Additionally, you spawn a Soul Puppet when you activate this power.
    • Brood of Hadar: You overwhelm your target with shadows, holding them in place while dark horrors rise around them. Nearby targets take reduced damage from this attack, and all affected are slowed and will be attacked by the spawned horrors.
    • Flames of Phelgethos: Liquid eldritch fire drips over your target, dealing damage over time. The intense heat deals 25% of its damage to nearby enemies. If main target is killed while affected by this power, they explode, applying Curse to nearby targets.
    • Tyrannical Threat: Temporarily changes your Curse class mechanic to "Tyrannical Curse", and upgrades any of your existing Curse effects. Those affected by Tyrannical Curse are damage linked, and deal 30% of the damage you deal to them to other targets affected by your Tyrannical Curse
    • Gates of Hell: Summon a hellgate at target location that spews a stream of hellish flame in your direction. Enemies killed by the blast restore some of your Action Points. In addition, players killed by this power may not be revived by other players.
  • Shift Ability
    • Shadow Sprint: Slip into the shadows, allowing you to move faster and granting you 30% additional damage resistance while shifted.

Vaarna_Aarne

Guardian Fighter also got some interesting new changes...

• Block will now grant CC Immunity while active.
  • Block: Block can now interrupt all powers and should feel much more responsive.
  • Block: Stamina now drains substantially slower.
  • Flourish: This power now deals ~55% more damage and stuns for 3 seconds (2 seconds on players).
  • Threatening Rush: Threatening Rush is now usable At Will again, without charges or a cooldown. Great Weapon Fighters still use the charge based system.
  • Weaponmaster's Strike: This power now deals ~48% more damage.

Great Weapon Fighter also got changes:

• Flourish: This power now deals ~15% more damage and stuns for 3 seconds (2 seconds on players).
  • Frontline Surge: This power now deals ~35% less damage.
  • Grude Style Feat: Sure Strike and Reaping Strike both generate 10/20/30/40/50% more threat (up from 5/10/15/20/25%).
  • Intimidation: Not So Fast and Daring Shout now deal 10/20/30/40/50% of your Power as damage (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and while targets are Intimidated you deal 10/20/30/40/50% more threat to them (up from 5/10/15/20/25%).
  • Master At Arms Feat: Having Weapon Master slotted now also increases threat generation by 10/20/30/40/50%.
  • Sprint: Sprint can now interrupt all powers and should feel much more responsive.
  • Sprint: Sprint now grants 30% more damage resistance while active and makes you Immune to CC while sprinting.
  • Takedown: Base stun duration increased to 2 seconds on players (up from 1.2).
  • Threatening Rush: This power now deals ~35% less damage.
  • Unstoppable now grants 10~20% Damage Resistance (up from 5~10%).
  • Weaponmaster's Strike: This power now deals ~10% more damage.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Questions regarding those GF/GWF changes, because i am not so deep into the mechanics:
a) Does the increased damage for WMS and flourish (still no shorter animation) make Swordmaster a worthwhile spec for a GF now?
b) Does the increased threat generation make a sentinel GWF slotting GSF and MaA a good (maybe even better than a GF) tank now?
c) Takedown is still a good pick then? Does it still send enemies prone in PvE? I am a little confused here...

Threatening Rush as at-will sounds like fun, in a big fight GFs will zip around like Speedy Gonzales.:P

Vaarna_Aarne

a) I'd say it definately makes Swordmaster a really good spec for PvE, since it already had Steel Defense going on for it (still #1 reason to go Swordmaster for 5 seconds of invulnerability per daily use).
b) I'd say the key to tanking as Sentinel is Daring Shout, since it marks and with Intimidation also deals decent damage (5000 Power = 2500 Damage).
c) Takedown was always PvP if you ask me. Same as Threatening Rush (though now with new Mark mechanics it might have a secondary function too). But yes, Takedown still prones enemies, but I don't think that's a worthwhile function to pick in PvE when its damage has been lowered.

Gerrard

Arcane
Great, except I have to delete 12 characters to be able to make a new one.

Also you now HAVE TO wait 15 seconds before switching characters.
dyKCQPj.png

Also on preview they added some retarded looking animation to TRs that plays when you stop moving.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

On Preview, I assume?

And are they seriously trying to re-implement the timer for changing characters or logging out?

Vaarna_Aarne

Hey all, I wanted to drop in and share a few more changes that will be hitting in the next week or two.

We still want Wizards to feel like a viable DPS class while they are specced into Thaumatuge (and a bit more group utility focused in Renegade) so we are making some buffs to feats in those trees to reinforce that.

Thaumaturge:
Transcended Master: Shard of the Endless Avalanche now deals an additional 5/10/15/20/25% damage (up from 2/4/6/8/10%). Icy Rays now deals an additional 5/10/15/20/25% damage when used on a single target (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and has a 1/2/3/4/5 second shorter cooldown if used on two different targets (up from .5/1/1.5/2/2.5).
Elemental Empowerment: Warped Magics now deals 100% of Weapon Damage each tick (up from 50%). Creeping Frost now deals 170% of Weapon Damage each tick (up from 85%).
Assailing Force: ICD reduced to 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).

Renegade:
Nightmare Wizardry: When you critically strike a foe you have a 4/8/12/16/20% chance (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) to grant you and your allies Combat Advantage against the target for 12 seconds.
Phantasmal Destruction: Now has a 40% chance to activate (up from 25%).
Chaos Magic: Chaotic Nexus now grants 10% Armor Penetration and Critical Chance (up from 5%).
Chaos Magic: Chaotic Fury now grants 10% increased damage and 5% direct Life Steal (rather than adjusting your stats).
Well, the Thaumaturge changes are interesting (with an endgame weapon, it means up to a 4000+ extra damage per five seconds), buuuut I do think Crush is underestimating the DPS potential of Oppressor.

Cool name

Arcane
Scourge Warlock Wicked Witch class announced (though everyone already knew it was coming)

Thank you fo' telling me. :hug:

They took their sweet time. >.<

Have they released any cute and/or witchy costumes since I left? The only one I liked back then was bugged, so that it was suposed to be cute and sexy, but it actually showed that stupid leather bandeau thingie below, which kind of totally killed it. D:

Because those armors... No way I'm dressing a char like that. >.<

Vaarna_Aarne

Scourge Warlock Wicked Witch class announced (though everyone already knew it was coming)

Thank you fo' telling me. :hug:

They took their sweet time. >.<

Have they released any cute and/or witchy costumes since I left? The only one I liked back then was bugged, so that it was suposed to be cute and sexy, but it actually showed that stupid leather bandeau thingie below, which kind of totally killed it. D:

Because those armors... No way I'm dressing a char like that. >.<
Well, the easiest way to get what you're asking for is to spend a while farming Leadership (or use real money), and then buy one of the fashion items and some dyes. Which in your case I'd figure is something like this:

2e2h6dk.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Unstoppable: Now grants 15~30% DR when activated (up from 10~20%).
Sprint: Stamina cost of Sprint reduced by roughly 40%.
Welp, Unstoppable is going to be largely unphased by the changes, assuming you have 40%+ DR from get go.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
No need to spec away from Swordmaster then! Since you are our resident patch notes pro: if the GWF is not considerable nerfed, are the other classes brought up to his level, or will the whining about him being OP continue?

Vaarna_Aarne

GWF was mainly nerfed in PvP (Iron Vanguard prone-chain no longer possible), so a lot of the whining is going to die down. However, GF still hasn't been buffed enough, so that remains a problem.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My GF is nearly level 50 now and so far leveling has been more or less a breeze. Either the big depression kicks in very late or his shortcomings are mostly in PvP, or just an "it takes longer to kill things during dailies" issue?

Vaarna_Aarne

It's mostly "it takes longer to kill dailies", "only good for prone-chaining in PvP", and "somewhat deadweight in Dungeons".

EDIT:

We are in the middle of making an overhaul to the Warlock movement animations and sprint animations/FX. Look for them in an upcoming preview patch!

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
well i dont care for the bonus but its CUTE companion ...i want it.

only questin is what the hell drop rate will be on this one ....as craptic only doeas two extrime ones[ drops for everybody and their grandma or drops onec in a milion]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom