Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Gerrard

Arcane
*SALE* - Stormrider Clydesdale - 20% off
mf1mNma.png

:troll:
Also all wards are 25% off.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
To remind everyone, Stormrider Clydesdale is the highest quality horse Mount, and also the cheapest purple quality Mount to begin with.

EDIT:

Great Weapon Fighter
  • Great Weapon Fighter Sprint: Stamina cost reduced by roughly 40%.

At this point I think all talk of GWF being nerfed can stop.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering they removed all the ways for them to catch any ranged classes, not really.

Vaarna_Aarne

New bits:

Hey all, with the new patch having fixed Assailing Force (no really, for reals this time) I would like to see where Thaum and Renegades are falling. Remember that for pure DPS, Thaumaturges are going to be the tree you follow, for Hybrid DPS/CA generation you want Renegade.

Assailing Force (Assailant in the combat log) should make up a fairly substantive portion of your DPS so it would be awesome if we could get a few parses I can compare against my own.
Almost sounds like they're actually looking at numbers.

Anyway, given the direction of the patch notes on Preview recently, it seems Thaumaturge is going to be the "pre-Mod4" Wizard build.

Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: This power no longer has a maximum duration. Once it is toggled on it must be manually toggled off. While in combat it will generate AP only while in combat and will generate every 10 seconds while in combat.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Base cooldown reduced to 10 seconds (down from 12).
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Ranking the power up no longer increases the duration of Knight's Valor. Additional ranks in the power reduce the damage you take from intercepted damage. Allies still transfer 50% damage regardless of rank.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Challenge: This power should no longer be cancelled accidentally when casting powers rapidly.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Challenge: This power can now be toggled off if the Guardian Figther presses the button again. You must wait 1 second after activating the power to do this.
Guardian Fighter: Crushing Surge: Damage and Healing from this power have been increased by roughly 66%.
Knight's Challenge might result in some veeeery interesting damage-dealing builds for GF, and Crushing Surge might be an awesome at-will now.

EDIT:

Hey all, we are making quite a few changes to better facilitate control gameplay without giving too much control to damage dealing wizards. Players will now have to make a conscious choice on their class features and Orb of Imposition will now be much more competitive. In addition many feats will now scale with your damage bonuses so as you gear up they remain a competitive part of your damage output.

Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat now benefits from your damage bonuses. It is classified as Arcane damage for purposes of calculating bonuses.
Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat can now trigger on any outgoing damage (instead of only on Encounter powers).
Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat now deals 15% of a target's HP or 800% of your weapon damage, whichever is less (up from 10% and 500% respectively).
Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat is now properly unresistable.
Control Wizard: Elemental Empowerment: Warped Magics and Creeping Frost now benefit from your damage bonuses. They are classified as Arcane and Cold damage respectively for the purposes of calculating bonuses.
Control Wizard: Elemental Empowerment: Warped Magics and Creeping Frost now tick every 2 seconds (down from every 3 seconds) and last 12 seconds (down from 18 seconds).
Control Wizard: Shatter Strike: This feat now benefits from your damage bonuses. It is classified as Cold damage for purposes of calculating bonuses.
Control Wizard: Shatter Strike: This feat now stuns players for 2.5 seconds base (up from 1 second).
Control Wizard: Orb of Imposition: This class feature now works as expected and increases control durations by 25%.
Control Wizard: Orb of Imposition: Ranking this class feature up now grants 25% longer control durations.

Scourge Warlock: Dreadtheft: This power can now be toggled off early by pressing the button again.
Scourge Warlock: Tyrannical Threat: This power should no longer trigger infinite loops with some weapon enchants.
Scourge Warlock: Creeping Death: This feat now deals 100% of your Necrotic damage (up from 25%).
Scourge Warlock: Soul Bonding: This feat now heals allies for 200% of your Life Steal value (down from 300%).
Scourge Warlock: Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets now have 80% damage resistance and 25000 Hit Points.
Scourge Warlock: Hope Stealer: This feat now correctly activates when you land a critical hit. It lasts 4 seconds. Tooltip has been updated to be more clear.
Scourge Warlock: Eldritch Momentum: This feat now correctly activates when you take damage.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
New bits:

Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: This power no longer has a maximum duration. Once it is toggled on it must be manually toggled off. While in combat it will generate AP only while in combat and will generate every 10 seconds while in combat.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Base cooldown reduced to 10 seconds (down from 12).
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Ranking the power up no longer increases the duration of Knight's Valor. Additional ranks in the power reduce the damage you take from intercepted damage. Allies still transfer 50% damage regardless of rank.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Challenge: This power should no longer be cancelled accidentally when casting powers rapidly.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Challenge: This power can now be toggled off if the Guardian Figther presses the button again. You must wait 1 second after activating the power to do this.
Guardian Fighter: Crushing Surge: Damage and Healing from this power have been increased by roughly 66%.
Knight's Challenge might result in some veeeery interesting damage-dealing builds for GF, and Crushing Surge might be an awesome at-will now.

I haven't even used anything starting with "Knight's" while playing GF. Time to look up what it even does. :lol:

- Stormrider Clydesdale - 20% off

Still 20 Shekelz for an ingame item. I will have to wait for my purple pony until I start bleeding astral potatos.

EDIT: I also cannot into quoting correctly. :(

Vaarna_Aarne

Guardian Fighter:
Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now stuns targets for 1.5 seconds (up from .75).
Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now activates ~15% faster.
Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Base duration increased to 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Rank up bonus increased to +2 seconds (up from +1 second).
Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Now activates ~15% faster.
Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Base damage increased by ~20%.
Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Bonus damage is now dealt to targets below 40% HP (up from 25%).
Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Now activates ~15% faster.
Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: Into the Fray now also increases the damage of affected players by 50% of the Guardian Fighter's base Damage Resistance.
Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: Ranking this power up now also grants +25% of your DR as damage bonus.
Guardian Fighter: Frontline Surge: Now correctly benefits from Pin Down and Reinforced Surge in PVP.
Guardian Fighter: Block: Block should no longer randomly appear broken when fighting.

R1: 50% of DR becomes bonus
R2: 75% of DR becomes bonus
R3: 100% of DR becomes bonus

o9JViTJ.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Enforced threat/villain's menace still are slow as fuck though.
Both anvil and griffon were already fast enough, and the problem with griffon is that it STILL has 15 second recharge that is not affected by recovery and is way too fucking long.

Who the fuck comes up with these random changes.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Guardian Fighter:
Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now stuns targets for 1.5 seconds (up from .75).
Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now activates ~15% faster.

About time, GW animashun is nearly as painfully long as flourish and I like GW. Btw: does each charge of GW count as an "activated encounter power" in terms of the Timeless Hero's set bonus? If so you could easily get an extra 1350 crit. :salute:

R1: 50% of DR becomes bonus
R2: 75% of DR becomes bonus
R3: 100% of DR becomes bonus

Explainashun please, what are R1/R2/R3? The ranks of "Into the Fray"?

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, Into The Fray DR->Damage Bonus per rank.

EDIT: And yea each charge should count as an encounter activation.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
While I am by no means an expert on group dynamics, this changes sound like good improvements towards making GF more than a dead weight in groups. Sloppy is probably already getting wet pants. :lol:
Too bad you can only have 3 encounter powers...

Vaarna_Aarne

Word has it that the core synergy between GF and Cleric is GF spamming Into The Fray all the time while having Knight's Valour on permanently while Cleric heals and buffs the GF so they can take the hits. Effectively means the party takes half damage and deals 50%+ more damage while adds handily group up around GF.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After playing a Cleric solo, EVERYTHING is fun to play! :P

I haven't tried it, but if it weren't fun players would have spammed the boards with complaints. You know how those ungrateful maggots are, feeling entitled to everything...

Gerrard

Arcane
Better get in the bunker.

Enchanted Keys will now be Bind on Account on Pickup. This change is retroactive and is meant to reduce the negative behaviors of 3rd party sites with their use of keys. They will bind onto the next character that picks them up for cases where they remain in the Auction House or Guild Banks.

Drakron

Arcane
Oh, hi?

We are Cryptic believe that the mental handicapped can provide great contribution and this is why our entire team at Neverwinter Online is retarded.

Gerrard

Arcane
Actually, considering the previous behavior of the economy every time a key sale happened this is something they probably should've done long ago. We might've avoided the current fuckup if they did.

Drakron

Arcane
No, what they will do is further break the economy and its typical Cryptic reaction to exploits, taking the easy way out.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

I haven't tried it, but if it weren't fun players would have spammed the boards with complaints. You know how those ungrateful maggots are, feeling entitled to everything...
Everything was un-fun to play after playing Wizard. Mostly because of the extra Encounter slot, though it was also nice to actually have to think about target selection when CCing, and the high damage output made grinding through boring encounters... less... un-fun.

Gerrard

Arcane
But CW is the fun police. You just blow everything into bits without even needing to move.

Vaarna_Aarne

Guardian Fighter: Guarded Assault: This class feature now reflects 5% of incoming damage per rank (up from 1%). This effect is still only active while blocking. It does now apply Iron Guard correctly.
Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Damage from Knight's Valor can be properly reflected by Guarded Assault again. These reflections can also apply Iron Guard.

Hey all, we have been looking at how Shield functions and we think it is diminishing too fast and that makes slotting it feel too frustrating most of the time so we are imrpoving it dramatically. This should drastically improve wizard survivability while it is slotted which should provide a substantive PVP and PVE buff.

This change should hit this week barring anything going wrong.

Control Wizard: Shield: Shield will now diminish to 50% effectiveness while fully Destabilized at Rank 1. Each additional Rank will reduce the total amount of Destabilization your Shield can suffer. Grants 5% Control Resist per rank while slotted in spell mastery.

I will clarify this since I don't want the actual patch note to get too wordy (despite being a bit confusing).

At all ranks Shield while stable (undamaged) absorbs 50% of incoming damage after your damage resistance.
It then is Destabilized, which reduces its effectiveness. So here are the before and afters!

Normal
Before
R1 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 0%
R2 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 5%
R3 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 10%

After
R1 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 25%
R2 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 30%
R3 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 35%

Spell Mastery
Before
R1 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 42.5, Unstable 2: 5%
R2 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 45, Unstable 2: 10%
R3 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 47.5, Unstable 2: 15%

After
R1 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 60%, Unstable 2: 40%
R2 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 62.5%, Unstable 2: 45%
R3 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 65%, Unstable 2: 50%

And Spell Mastery now also adds 5% Control Resistance per rank. This is additive with Tenacity. Because who doesn't like that?

o9JViTJ.jpg

Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Now also grants 5% deflect chance per rank at all times in addition to 2% per nearby foe.
Fluid Hunter: Now grants .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 Deflect Chance (instead of 1/2/3/4/5% Deflect Rating).

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, I don't get why they aren't doing anything to the Cleric and Rogue (they got a little less than a month to go, so maybe maybe). Rogue at least could really use the kind of personalized capstones like the ones being rebalanced are getting, and wouldn't hurt Cleric either to get some more variety to feats than "boost EX pips and Hallowed Ground".

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yea, I don't get why they aren't doing anything to the Cleric and Rogue (they got a little less than a month to go, so maybe maybe). Rogue at least could really use the kind of personalized capstones like the ones being rebalanced are getting, and wouldn't hurt Cleric either to get some more variety to feats than "boost EX pips and Hallowed Ground".

I am convinced they have no idea how to make the DC more attractive. So they don't even try. Seriously if you could make a script that lets you DC spam Shield, Elvis and Hallowed Ground on some other toons position, everybody would have a second Buffbot account. It needs a uuuuh special type of player to really enjoy playing a DC as his mainchar... :roll:

Regarding Deflect: isn't that just a chance to half the dmg of an incoming attack, so everybody is treating it as a dumpstat?

Everything was un-fun to play after playing Wizard. Mostly because of the extra Encounter slot, though it was also nice to actually have to think about target selection when CCing, and the high damage output made grinding through boring encounters... less... un-fun.

CW isn't my type of fun. Maybe it's because I'm not really into magic, maybe he was to easymode for me. I did enjoy leveling the Hunter tho, because he constantly alternated between awsome and pain in the ass. No being semi-afk during the fights, but afterwards you have the warm fuzzy feeling of... uuuh, well you had to press more than 4 buttons.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
But CW is the fun police. You just blow everything into bits without even needing to move.
Moving out of slow red templates is so mindnumbingly easy that it's not fun in this game.

Actually I actually moved a lot as CW because my idea of fun was to kite enemies to cliffs and Repel them off, heh.

Bliblablubb said:
CW isn't my type of fun. Maybe it's because I'm not really into magic, maybe he was to easymode for me. I did enjoy leveling the Hunter tho, because he constantly alternated between awsome and pain in the ass. No being semi-afk during the fights, but afterwards you have the warm fuzzy feeling of... uuuh, well you had to press more than 4 buttons.
Mm, you're right, I did enjoy the Hunter and got him pretty far. But I played CW a while ago before Hunter was released, and running through the same areas and encounters just got too boring to continue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom