Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
Players who may have never thought to check out Neverwinter Nights will now become aware of it. It will also be on Steam now. When those millennials see how much fun we're having, they will be desperate to join in.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Players who may have never thought to check out Neverwinter Nights will now become aware of it.
How so? It's been around long enough that all you gotta do is look.
It will also be on Steam now.
Okay, that's something.
It has EE in the name,many new fags will try it out for sure. Some plebs think old games are ugly and when they see EE they think that is with new graphics and shit.
can i do the jiggly aribeth boobs in this one
It is real shame that i couldn't do her until the expansion. I tried soooo hard in the original campaign,but she wanted us to be just a friends. I am pretty sure that her writer decided to put his real life experience in with her,fucking bastard!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It is real shame that i couldn't do her until the expansion. I tried soooo hard in the original campaign,but she wanted us to be just a friends. I am pretty sure that her writer decided to put his real life experience in with her,fucking bastard!

Any post you make about romance seems to be unintentionally very revealing about your romantic endeavours.

Cael

Arcane
You didn't "do" her in the expansion either. If you get the correct outcome, she goes with the planetar :D

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Wizards of the Coast are to blame, they've told Bioware to not do any romances since their main audience are teenage boys who are not interested in such stuff (true story). :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wizards of the Coast are to blame, they've told Bioware to not do any romances since their main audience are teenage boys who are not interested in such stuff (true story). :smug:
But they did the romance with two of your companions in the original campaign.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Players who may have never thought to check out Neverwinter Nights will now become aware of it.
Okay, that's something.
It has EE in the name,many new fags will try it out for sure. Some plebs think old games are ugly and when they see EE they think that is with new graphics and shit.
That plan does not work because Steam has a 2h refund no questions asked policy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Okay, that's something.
That plan does not work because Steam has a 2h refund no questions asked policy.
That is easy,just make 2 hours unskippable cutscene.

Cael

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sort of. Just a few lines of dialogue after you gave them an item. Hardly Lorna Doone, is it?
Nah but it was kind off realistic if you have the woman actually as your companion and not quest giver at the inn.
I'd have them along more often if they didn't suck XP just for being present.
I didn't even knew that they suck xp,never found any lack of levels. I like having companions,it feels more natural,not some insane mass murderer running around.

Cael

Arcane
Sort of. Just a few lines of dialogue after you gave them an item. Hardly Lorna Doone, is it?
Nah but it was kind off realistic if you have the woman actually as your companion and not quest giver at the inn.
I'd have them along more often if they didn't suck XP just for being present.
I didn't even knew that they suck xp,never found any lack of levels. I like having companions,it feels more natural,not some insane mass murderer running around.
Everything in NWN sucked XP, even your summons. Yeah, it is a major error/defect in the way XP is calculated.

I tend not to bring companions in the OC because they die far too easily. Not being able to give them good equipment is far too big a disadvantage. I always bring Deekin and Nathyrra in HotU, adding Aribeth later. Nathyrra and Aribeth hitting on the same target is something you have to see to believe. The veritable tower of sneak attacks rising up above the poor victim's head...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/beamdog-live-tune-in-dec-1-2017-at.html

Beamdog LIVE - Tune in Dec. 1, 2017 at 10am PST!

We can't wait to show off our new set up!

UPDATE: Due to some scheduling conflicts, the stream has been moved to 10am PST on an ongoing basis. Sorry for the confusion!

Get the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition news and updates on other Beamdog projects on our weekly livestream! Tune in on Beamdog's Twitch channel Friday December 1st @11:30am 10am PST to ask questions and win prizes!

Join Beamdog Studio CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phil Daigle as they talk about the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start update and field NWN:EE questions from the community. Don't worry Infinity Engine fans, we'll have more to share about patch 2.5 too! These are busy times at Beamdog!

Come for the news, stay for developer stories and prize giveaways!

Can't make it? We'll have the stream up on YouTube shortly after we wrap up.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I know. But they created the black hole, which is an indicator of their ability to produce anything of quality. They haven't let up on the non-quality with 5th and now 6th. Why do you think that they would be better with Pathfinder or anything they come up with? I am actually surprised that Paiso let WotC anywhere near their game.

I'm not talking about quality; I'm talking about sales, and 5th edition was a resounding success and enough to single-handedly compensate for their failure with 4th edition, so there is no reason for WotC to move away from that formula anytime soon. Additionally, WotC isn't a monolithic block; I believe there were several changes in the design process and team from 4e to 5e.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/december-1-livestream-recap.html

December 1 Livestream Recap

"I want to go to war on the Neverwinter Nights UI." ~ Trent Oster

Beamdog Studio CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phil Daigle hopped on the weekly Beamdog Twitch stream to talk about the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start update, field NWN:EE questions from the community and share news about the 2.5 patch for our Infinity Engine titles.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch!

Here's a quick summary of the highlights from today’s livestream:
  • The ultimate plan is to do weekly patches for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start.
  • The new patch is already live, featuring a maximum texture memory increase, an option to hide helmets & equipment, the improvement of water shaders, as well as bug fixes
  • The open beta for the 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will start next week and will be available at Beamdog, Steam and GooglePlay
  • The patch 2.5 open beta will run over the holidays, with the final release arriving in 2018 across all stores and platforms
  • Instructions on how to join the beta will be released next week
  • If you purchase NWN:EE and then decide to get the Digital Deluxe, it’s possible to upgrade - just send a message to our support (support@beamdog.com)
  • The Spanish version of NWN will be updated for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (no promises for this to happen at the game’s release though, but eventually it will happen) ADDITION: The team is also doing the same for French, German, Italian, and Polish.
  • Down the road, we will be adding new resources and content to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, possibly in the form of new modules
  • Resizing characters (scaling) is something to look forward to in the weeks to come
  • UI in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is something we’d like to work on, but no exact timelines can be given
  • A spell bar like in NWN 2 – this comes down to the work on the UI in NWN:EE
  • Tweaking balance in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: only if something is very unbalanced, then it’s a bug and should be fixed
  • Quickloot bar in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: it’s something we’ll checking out how to do and we’d like to hear the community’s feedback on it
  • Extending classes in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: we wish to enable to extend classes to some degree, but this is a long-term thing
  • We plan to join some existing PW servers during future livestreams, so you’ll be able to play with Phillip Daigle as he constantly dies!
Excited for what’s next? Join us on Twitch next Friday at 10am PST!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/nwnee-head-start-patch-notes-v748150.html

NWN:EE Head Start Patch Notes v74.8150

As mentioned in today's livestream, Head Start Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition players are about to see an update!

These notes are covered in more detail in the README.txt file found in your game install locations \lang\en\docs

NWN:EE Head Start Patch Notes v74.8150
  • Maximum texture memory specified in the .ini file.
    • This means the 64 meg texture limit is no longer as limiting
    • The default size will increase in the future, but we maintained it as an ini option for the sake of compatibility
    • Max Texture Memory is now 2047mb
  • Armour parts of complex models to can now carry their own color channel id (#HypnoElf)
  • Hidden helmets & equipment
    • Effectively a "make helmet invisible when worn" scripting function
    • It can be used equally for any slot which has creature mesh visibility when equipped: armor, helm, cloak, left hand, and right hand, etc...
  • Fixed an area transition issue "Doors with no transition but a script attached are not triggerable"
    • This was the issue that was blocking players from playing "Infinite Dungeons", and likely a number of other bug reports we've been receiving about area transitions being broken
  • Improve water shader
    • Part 1 - Expose variables to modders (find the values in the Shaders_README file)
    • Part 2 (Coming soon)
  • Fixed crash when force-updating appearance for creature with invalid/empty armor slot
  • Fixed a rare crash when logging into a server and somehow getting stripped of items
Want to join in on the Head Start fun? Pre-order Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Beamdog!

Found a bug or have a feature request? Let us know in the Beamdog forums!

roll-a-die

Magister
Okay but what does any of that mean?
They wrote a hide helmet function that applies to other armor pieces as well. Fixed a bunch of bugs and crashes. Increased the texture memory limit up to the 32bit limit. Let people specify color for each specific part on a complex armor. Rather than being lumped together. Exposed water shader variables probably allowing for individual module specific water shaders.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can literally hide anything by quickly equipping and unequipping things, so this is just convenience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom