Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Citations of parasitism and stagnation, pls.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Wow.. i mean wow.. i disappear from a week and everything in this thread happens.. Lilura going in a power trip that was delightful to read... Newfags attempting o bash her... And in all of this......

Beamdog still have to do something useful....

Piotrovitz

Savant
I checked Lilura's blog out of curiosity, to see what the fuss is about, and holy mother of fuck - not only the layout looks 100% retarded and unreadable, like on those late 90s teenager fanboy websites, but the content is so generic, that any semi-retard could come to same conclusions after playing any of these games even once. Writing style is the definition of blandness, it's bad even for internet blog standards.

Does this shit really has some actual fanbase, or is she writing comments to herself from fake accounts? : |

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I suspect a big part of the traffic is generated by various web crawlers.
Or else her fans are very casual, judging by how few (37) voted on her farming poll while my own half assed grinding poll here on the Codex got 88 votes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Beginner's Guide Pro-Tips Cheats Best Builds

>_>

A flawed diamond is superior to, and much more valuable than, perfectly executed RPGs built on inferior systems such as RTwP and dumb companion AI. Modders of Infinity/Aurora can polish inferior systems all they like: they will remain innately inferior because their inferiority is hard-coded. Modders just can't fight against BioWare's grievously flawed visions and puerile understanding of what core D&D is.

Hi there! My name's Lilura and welcome to Lilura1! For its treatment range: The Role-playing Game Renaissance, this blog contains three main forms of content: retrospectives, reviews and pro-tips. As you may have gathered from the image above, the coverage is mostly for Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights

>>_>>

First, what is the greatest pure cRPG of all-time? Fallout. Write off, drive out and deride anyone who attempts to devalue its greatness and legacy.

Second, write off, drive out and deride anyone who prefers the "Enhanced" Editions of the Infinityand Aurora engines to their original, authoritative incarnations.

Third, write off, drive out and deride anyone who prefers dumb companion AI to full party control, or "real-time with pause" combat systems to the majesty of true turn-based, à la Temple of Elemental Evil and Jagged Alliance 2.

Do you have bad taste in RPGs? Well, any comments symptomatic will not be published. My blog is in full purge-mode. All previous comments are under review. To those who post in opposition to my purge, do you think I care if I get fewer comments as a result? Do you think I will miss you? This blog garnered 1,000,000 views in 2017. I'm willing to sacrifice its traffic to shut out the tasteless scrubs. Lilura1 is for my own gratification, first and foremost. This blog is not like a public forum: it's a more intimate place where like-minded people can gather.

Update: Since my purge and writing-off of certain communities, two things are of interest: First, the incline of my readership continues to steepen, flying in the face of those cloutless cretins who deemed me "self-destructive". In the last 2 months, my daily traffic has actually doubled (and still, I do not monetize my blog — as the communities do that my critics post in). Second, people haven't stopped commenting on my write-ups; there is no discernible drop-off. Now, do you know why those two things are as they are? The answer is simple: Content is King. A readership does not care about the elite opinions of the writer when they are getting the info and insights they are looking for; they don't enter into the equation. And if they did, I wouldn't care, because, in repeating what I said above, this blog is for my own shits n gigs.

>>>_>>>

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
IOW, there's no point in commenting on that blog, since your comments may be deleted by an unpredictable Tiax who may throw a temper tantrum any time. And if you can't comment, there's not much incentive to follow the blog in the first place.
Thankfully, CRPG Addict has a quality blog.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I suspect a big part of the traffic is generated by various web crawlers.
Or else her fans are very casual, judging by how few (37) voted on her farming poll while my own half assed grinding poll here on the Codex got 88 votes.

As stated in the write-up, that poll was only left up for a day or so, my cherry-picking friend. Why not quote votes of 2,359/739 for the other polls, which have been up for a l'il longer? :smug:

My Beam-mutt polls also garnered more votes than their own Trello cards, but I took them down because, with that EE, they kick a half-dead horse in the hopes of its twitches yielding a few bucks.

It seems my unmonetized blog has gotten under the skin of a few scrubs; butthurt generation will become my specialty as my incline ever-steepens. Tee-hee.

IOW, there's no point in commenting on that blog, since your comments may be deleted by an unpredictable Tiax who may throw a temper tantrum any time. And if you can't comment, there's not much incentive to follow the blog in the first place.

While enjoy receiving comments from readers who share my monocled tastes, I don't need their input. Readership comes from content, which is King.

Infinitron Yes, coverage is inclining as is evidenced by recent write-ups. Eventually, the blog will be about Amiga games/demoscene and the incline will reach its vertex. Which is why blog is called/addressed lilura1 and not "rpg something or other". This will do for now.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Lilura, dude, I can understand your feelings of grandiosity and empowerment caused by getting some internet traffic - this comes with the territory for people with low self esteem, spending their lives in front of PC.

But has it ever occured to you, that perhaps you're not provoking any butthurt (beside imaginary one's in your head), but instead, you are kind of a laughing stock here?

d1nolore

Savant
Then you can review Tetris and your blog will really blow up.

Hey, why not? Maybe I'll turn it into a fashion blog? Either way, I'll be read and you won't be.

getting some internet traffic

A sec ago you were saying it's all made up. At least be consistent in your impotent trolling.

If your fashion style is anything like your gaming style it'll just be you complaining about designers not making the same one outfit you like repeatedly.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Then you can review Tetris and your blog will really blow up.

Hey, why not? Maybe I'll turn it into a fashion blog? Either way, I'll be read and you won't be.

Hmm, do you have good fashion sense? I could really use some tips on female office apparel. My better half can never find decent blazers and I need to help her shop; they all seem cut to expose the hindquarters, which is unhelpful when you don’t want your colleagues staring at your fundament all day. We found one Saint Laurent jacket cut more like a men’s blazer but it only comes in two colors. Any advice would be appreciated!

Piotrovitz

Savant
A sec ago you were saying it's all made up. At least be consistent in your impotent trolling.
I asked if this high school level piece of garbage has any actual fanbase, or does half of the traffic come from you, hitting F5 hundred times per day - this was a question, not a statement.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I asked if this school level piece of garbage has any actual fanbase, or does half of the traffic come from you, hitting F5 hundred times per day - this was a question, not a statement.

PC Role-Playing Games RPG Renaissance All-Time Greatest

Everyone who does THIS has a lot of followers, I can tell you that.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lilura, dude, I can understand your feelings of grandiosity and empowerment caused by getting some internet traffic - this comes with the territory for people with low self esteem, spending their lives in front of PC.

But has it ever occured to you, that perhaps you're not provoking any butthurt (beside imaginary one's in your head), but instead, you are kind of a laughing stock here?

Slow motion car crash is what comes to mind.

You just can't help but watch.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Slow motion car crash is what comes to mind.

You just can't help but watch.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and Lilura to either self-eject or try and purge this entire thread of their posts.
Quoting the gems just in case.

d1nolore

Savant
You gotta quote them before she edits them or deletes them. She's a fickle mistress of woe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom