Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
if DoD was brimming with anything, it was bugs

but Beamderp sure fixed those mirite

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And here we go: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/neverwinter-nights-darkness-over.html

Neverwinter Nights: Darkness Over Daggerford Is Now Available!

Beamdog and Ossian Studios are excited to announce the award winning premium module Darkness over Daggerford has been enhanced for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

This expansion-size adventure has 25+ hours of story-rich gameplay, 12 new music tracks, 12 new character portraits, new voice over, and nearly 500 gameplay improvements over the original!

Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford is now available on Steam for $9.99 USD and will be coming soon to Beamdog.com and other stores.

“Back in August of 2006, when we released Darkness over Daggerford for free to the Neverwinter community, it was with a certain level of bittersweet satisfaction. We had managed to create a great 25+ hour premium module for BioWare with a classic-style D&D story that took inspiration from the Baldur’s Gate games, including world map exploration, beautiful areas, colourful characters, and an abundance of very original and intriguing sidequests. We took great pride in what we’d created, but when the premium mod program unexpectedly cancelled, Daggerford was never able to achieve the official game status it was intended to have.

Fortunately, over a decade later, Beamdog offered us the opportunity to release an enhanced version of Darkness over Daggerford as an official Neverwinter premium module. This remastered game has all we had aspired to have for an official Neverwinter Nights product, including new art and audio, and most importantly it incorporates a huge amount of improvements and fixes based on fan feedback and critiques of the original. We really are thrilled to release this definitive version of Darkness over Daggerford and hope fans enjoy playing it!”

Alan Miranda, CEO of Ossian Studios

Visit Darkness over Daggerford on Steam to find out more.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't Darkness over Daggerford the Free DLC that released? Wow they really have no shame huh?

Well, it wasn't originally supposed to be free. Ossian famously got fucked over by Atari and BioWare - and then again with Mysteries of Westgate which was pointlessly delayed for years.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Wasn't Darkness over Daggerford the Free DLC that released? Wow they really have no shame huh?

Well, it wasn't originally supposed to be free. Ossian famously got fucked over by Atari and BioWare - and then again with Mysteries of Westgate which was pointlessly delayed for years.

Oh I am fully aware. This is really not gonna go well for Beamdog though.

Deleted member 7219

I wish Ossian well, although I was never able to get very far into their iOS game due to it the fact it keeps wiping my saves.

Darkness over Daggerford, and Mysteries of Westgate were both very good RPGs in their own right.

I'd love to play an updated version of DoD but I don't want those Beamdog bastards to get a penny. I still don't understand what they are bringing to the table.

Bocian

Arcane
I still don't understand what they are bringing to the table.
As far as I know the biggest asset is improved toolset. Any bug fixes are negligible. And, of course, we have vague promises of improvements in the future. Classic.
With people actually falling for it I feel that similar practices will be continued.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Active module-makers have been quiet on my (Beamdog-critical) blog lately.

Luspr, Rogueknight, Savant, Andarian etc.

Well, if they want to monetize their mods, good luck to them on a personal level.

I don't see a problem with Ossian finally being able to monetize DoD, but separately monetizing the (admittedly great) OST? That's a bit much.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Active module-makers have been quiet on my (Beamdog-critical) blog lately.

Luspr, Rogueknight, Savant, Andarian etc.

Well, if they want to monetize their mods, good luck to them on a personal level.

I don't see a problem with Ossian finally being able to monetize DoD, but separately monetizing the (admittedly great) OST? That's a bit much.

You have no idea what's going on because you're an autistic spaz nobody wants to talk to.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You seem to be under the false impression that I care?

All I'm saying is, good luck to any modder who wants to monetize.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Hence, "good luck".

Ossian should release changelog publicly detailing 500 improvements.

My walkthrough (20,000 views) detailed a few issues.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You seem to be under the false impression that I care?

All I'm saying is, good luck to any modder who wants to monetize.

> "Heh, I don't care about this stupid NWN stuff"
> Incessantly posts about it every day

Oh my mistake. What I meant to say was.. You have no idea what's going on because you're an autistic spaz nobody wants to talk to.

Hence, "good luck".

Ossian should release changelog publicly detailing 500 improvements.

My walkthrough detailed a few issues.

They already announced it will be posted soon.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Nice exaggerations, sub-par troll.

I am read, you are not. This is all that matters.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Give me your best and I will make sure you are read.

Remember when you took me off ignore? Feel free to take whatever you want. I am a endless well of banter.
Shaneplays is constantly stealing my posts for his radio podcast.

The only person I know of who posts higher quality content than me - objectively, is Cleveland Blakemore.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Hilarious! You are but a shitposter lost in the shuffle of mega-threads.

Also, Grimwulf > CMB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom