Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
what kind of psycho-murderer plays with a non-scaled UI at that screen resolution

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You have started leaning a bit more toward clickbait lately. "Top Ten Infinity Engine Two-Handed Swords!!!"

Not really: I genuinely enjoy making Top 10s. Also, there are no triple exclamation points.

My prediction: your traffic will continue to grow, but within the year we'll be seeing titles like, "I made $___ a month playing old RPGs and you can, too!" Or perhaps: "How to lose twenty pounds playing Temple of Elemental Evil!!!!" Or "Playing the original Neverwinter Nights can stop hair loss, but not the enhanced editions!!!!"

I'm not trying to deceive, though. I'm not denying that some of my posts are designed with SEO in mind, but I do have the content to back it up (thus, no deception).

Also note the average length of my posts. Compare that with Gamebanshee and other overrated commercial sites, which basically just have one or two paragraphs on each page (meaning the reader has to click through multiple pages just to get the info they need).

In many cases, the write-ups that are above mine on Google are inferior and only above due to monetization or deception and manipulation (e.g, usage of tags that link to empty posts, doubling up on the same content etc.)

Monetize, monetize, monetize.

My blog will remain ads-free and bereft of donate begging. Can't say that for most RPG bloggers/YouTubers/podcasters out there (at least not those who have non-trivial traffic).

They are basically charlatans / beggars whereas I'm in this for my own gratification, with some amusing butthurt-generation / trolling on the side.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/june-8-livestream-recap.html

June 8 Livestream Recap

A VERY early look at Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on an Nvidia Shield tablet, shown by the Hand of Dan

During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster was joined by Mark Meer, voice of Commander Shepard, Rasaad yn Bashir, Baeloth the Entertainer, Alveus Malcanter, and many other characters. Trent and Mark shared Stream of Many Eyes stories and the latest news on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on tablets is in the works! There’s still some work to do to make it possible, so stay tuned for more news! We’re looking into ways to have a list of the best mods available for download. Sign up for our newsletter to get all the information about NWN:EE on tablets first!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford is out on Steam and will come to Beamdog.com in the future! Learn about all the fantastic improvements put into Darkness over Daggerford by Ossian Studios here. We support Ossian Studios and want them to do well as they never got to make money from Darkness over Daggerford originally.
  • We’re working to support downloadable content on Beamdog.com. Hopefully it’ll happen fairly soon.

The Stream of Many Eyes. “A phenomenal, amazing environment to be in” ~ Trent
  • Last week Minsc (Trent), Rasaad (Phil), Biff the Understudy (Lee), and Alveus Malcanter (Mark) took part in the Stream of Many Eyes. Thanks to Wizards of the Coast and all the people who came there, the event was truly epic! Check our Facebook and Twitter for all the photos from the stream.

“The Yawning portal is my favourite tavern in Waterdeep ~ Mark
  • We’re working on the next development build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition which will address many of the issues on 1.75, including area transition colours and DM interactivity issues with them, door highlights interfering with easily walking through them, chat panels not remembering their positioning, Premium Module crashing and working oddly in Multiplayer. We’re targeting next week as the build is not ready yet.
  • Linux players, if the 2x UI scaling results in clicks not aligning with your cursor, open the nwn.ini file and enable Hardware Mouse to fix this issue.
  • We urge players to submit bugs they encounter on our bug-tracking site. The better repro steps and more detail you can provide in your bug report (especially about Multiplayer bugs), the better chances to fix the appropriate bug will be.
  • We plan to add the remaining official translations of Neverwinter Nights into NWN:EE. The best way to get a translation of NWN:EE into a new language is to volunteer as a translator here!
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LESS T_T Something's up:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/pax-west-beamdog-will-be-off-to-west.html

June 15 Livestream Recap

PAX West! Beamdog will be off to the west coast for a special announcement panel.

Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phillip Daigle shared the latest news and updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine patches. During the livestream Phil and Trent answered fan questions and did a tour around the Beamdog studio.

Missed the stream (done via Phil’s phone due to a sudden Windows update)? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:

Phil and Trent walked around the Beamdog office.
  • We’re going to do a panel at PAX West (August 31 - September 3, 2018) and preparing to make a wide variety of announcements there! Phil says some of them might be “outside of our usual playbox”. More news soon!
  • We have a lot of very, very exciting plans that we’re hiring up to achieve. Hop over to our jobs page, and apply!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition development build 8177 is available on Steam and in the Beamdog Client. It focuses on stability, bug fixing, and also adds a few new features. Check out the full notes here!

“We’ll take the look of Neverwinter Nights content to another level” ~ Trent
  • The end of the 2.5 patch cycle for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Siege of Dragonspear and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is in sight. Thanks a lot to all our amazing beta testers! We plan to release the 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition next week.
  • We’ll push one additional update to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, which will introduce a new feature (fully toggleable). Phil promises that it’ll make casting a spell like Fireball, and not hitting your party, a lot easier.
  • The work on character model improvements for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is progressing, so stay tuned!
  • If you’re interested in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Collector’s Edition, share your thoughts on our forum, and let us know what would you like to see in it.
  • Next week we’ll be sitting down with Bernhard Stöckner (niv), the technical director on the NWN core team at Beamdog, to talk about technical challenges of working on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

What could that Icewind Dale feature be, PoE-style AoE range indicators?

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Neverwinter Nights: Darkness Over Daggerford is a special case, we’re not interested in selling other modder created content.

Well, that's that. :M

Cael

Arcane
Neverwinter Nights: Darkness Over Daggerford is a special case, we’re not interested in selling other modder created content.

Well, that's that. :M
They are just going to steal them and claim it as their own, so they are selling THEIR content.

For a rogue, you don't speak Rogue very well... :P

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
LESS T_T Something's up:

• We’re going to do a panel at PAX West (August 31 - September 3, 2018) and preparing to make a wide variety of announcements there! Phil says some of them might be “outside of our usual playbox”. More news soon!

Sounds like the browser strategy game and EE console releases.

(Maybe also that they're actually making Sword Coast High?)

soulburner

Cipher
So... Darkness over Daggerford seems interesting and I noticed the re-released Enhanced Edition of it contains some nice improvements over the original.

Questions:
1 - are the improvements really that nice or are they mostly added voiceovers to some characters?
2 - is it possible to play the enhanced version of this module in the original NWN Diamond edition?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
"The big announcement will be not D&D-related!"

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/june-22-livestream-recap.html

June 22 Livestream Recap

Trent first started work on Neverwinter Nights nearly 20 years ago.

During today’s livestream, Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Marketing & PR Manager Lee Guille shared the latest Beamdog, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and Infinity Engine news. Bernhard Stöckner (niv), Technical Director on the NWN:EE core team at Beamdog, joined the stream to chat about NWN:EE technical challenges.

Missed the stream ? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:

“We’ll attempt our newsletter emails to be at least humorous” ~ Trent
  • The 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition has been pushed to next week due to Multiplayer crashes and Linux issues.
  • A new Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition development build is available on Steam and in the Beamdog Client. Check out the full patch notes for the build 8178 here.
  • Let us know about your desired time gaps between stable patches for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on our forums.
  • If you can reproduce Intel GPU-related crashes in NWN:EE regularly and reliably on your laptop, contact us, and we may buy it (on the condition it's a local 100% crash repro, the "click here to crash"-type of crash)! It’ll help us understand what part of content in the game is causing crashes and performance issues on Intel laptops.
  • We’re working on a new storyline for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

Bernhard Stöckner (niv) describes a few features planned for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
  • According to niv, after we ship the next stable patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, we plan to focus on feature development. The biggest thing on the list is probably a multiplayer-compatible content downloader (for such files as HAKs and TLKs).
  • The 64-bit transition is a huge undertaking, and after it’s done, a lot of other features will be possible.
  • If you have suggestions about ways to improve the Neverwinter Vault, share them on our forums.
  • We’ll be bringing more people from the community to talk to during our livestreams. Stay tuned!

frajaq

Erudite
Is there any way we can find out how sucessful all these re-released Beamdog games are going for them?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Every time the news Jew posts in this thread I hope it's to announce the folding of Beamdog.
Every time I'm disappointed.
A guy can get anti-semetic from less.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"The big announcement will be not D&D-related!"

Yeah, it's likely that browser strategy game. They were hiring a dedicated community manager for that game.

A web browser game is a "big announcement", though? Lol Beamdog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It doesn't seem like any other bigger thing is going on in Beamdog. It would be the first "original" standalone game by them after all. I guess it's relatively big if it's really Axis and Allies, that involving WotC.

Ravness

Educated
Has "A Dance with Rogues" been ported over to the Enhanced Edition?
Such top quality modules must be preserved for the next generation

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/june-29-livestream-recap.html

June 29 Livestream Recap

“A great thing about a NWN persistent world is that you move it forward as a group; it’s a community, not a single person” ~ Trent

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phillip Daigle shared the latest news on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine Enhanced Edition patches. Clint aka “deltaTime” joined the stream to talk about Netheril: Age of Magic, a NWN:EE persistent world.

Missed the stream ? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Beamdog is going to PAX West this August to do a special announcement panel. Stay tuned for more details!
  • Sign up for our newsletter to get exclusive information on our upcoming games, patches and promotions! We don’t like spam in our own inboxes, so we promise not to spam yours.
  • We’re looking for programmers, technical artists, web developers, and more! Apply on our job page now!
  • All our titles are on sale on Beamdog.com! Save up to 80% on Infinity Engine products and up to 15% on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition titles!
  • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is currently on a huge sale on Google Play and the App Store. Act quick to pick it up for your mobile device!
  • Subscribe to our Steam Developer/Publisher page to see all our new stuff first!

“I’ve looked at KotOR on a tablet. For NWN:EE, I’d like to do a step beyond” ~ Phil
  • The much-anticipated 2.5 update for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is out! This patch brings Simplified Chinese, Korean, Russian and Polish localizations, German, Italian and Polish V/O, as well as over 500 bug fixes and new features! Check out the full patch notes here. Updates can take a while to distribute, especially on Google Play and the App Store, so we appreciate your patience as the update populates throughout. Stay tuned for more information about the Mac App Store release.
  • We want to give a shout-out to our technical designers on Infinity Engine games. We really appreciate your work. Without these fine folk, BG:EE and BGII:EE would have been impossible to create.
  • There’s no new development build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition this week as we are working hard on the next stable patch.
  • We continue to work on the Intel GPU-related crashes and performance issues. We will continue integrating workarounds for this issue in the next NWN:EE public update.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on GOG will happen. More news soon!
  • Work on updating textures in NWN:EE continues. The tricky part here is the backwards compatibility. We want to make a new lighting model as quick and easy to use as possible.
  • According to Trent, a plan for the Witch’s Wake module was actually finished, but it was never approved. Rob Bartel isn’t currently in the place where he can make it. At this time we’re not going to add anything to the Witch’s Wake.
  • We’ve been patching the Premium modules as a part of our Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition patches. If you run into bugs while playing the Premium modules, please report them, and we’ll get them fixed. But big changes, such as rebuilding the horse system in Neverwinter Nights: Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, for example, are not likely to happen.

Clint called his arctic fox “Kit”.
  • Netheril: Age of Magic Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition persistent world is a RP-heavy server based around what the humans known as the Netherese called "The Golden Age", when the nation was at the very pinnacle of its power. Its setting is focused mainly on the Floating Enclave dubbed "Valstiir". The server boasts a beautiful world, with rich lore and different factions.
  • According to Clint, the coolest thing in Netheril: Age of Magic is the world exploration.
  • The persistent world is in active development, and there’re a lot of exciting features to come, such as a custom familiar system.
  • Curious about the Netheril: Age of Magic Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition persistent world? Grab the files from Steam Workshop and join the server!
  • We’ll be bringing more people from the community to talk to during our livestreams. Stay tuned!

Brancaleone

Liturgist
They are making a pretty smooth transition from 'developers' to full-time youtubers, well played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom