Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Max Damage

Savant
As somebody who finished Mask of the Betrayer, and almost finished OC, I can confirm NWN 2 camera is Balor shit. Default view suck for party based game, strategic camera can't follow slopes most of time, so you have to turn it and hope it fixes itself somehow, until you give up and switch to default view; it also places itself in random spots after cutscenes/area transitions, and is ill suited for tall objects that obstruct view (like houses/arcs). NWN 2 is one of the games that would actually benefit from remaster/remake. Camera, interface, bugs, animations, armor/character/weapon models, color palette - all make your eyes bleed.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Feels like it's been a while since I've Joshposted

To be honest, the major issues are due to a lack of polish. There's certainly a lot of stuff in the game, but none of it really looks or feels great. At best, the controls and features feel good, at worst they feel terrible.

For example, the camera. Programming got the camera in and fixed a number of its glaring problems, but for all the various camera modes you could run in, it was hard to find one that felt good.

Oh please, Josh has a streak of taking criticisms, whether they are justified or not, to heart and parroting them to appease people.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd like to see a remaster of the armor models. Whatever the artstyle for them was pretty atrocious in my opinion.

imweasel

If I had a cent for every time someone brings up NWN2's camera......... NWN2's camera is fine, git gut.
I think the standard controls of NWN are shit myself, but the game gives you the option to reassign camera controls et al. and set it up to your liking.

I really don't understand what the problem is myself.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think the standard controls of NWN are shit myself, but the game gives you the option to reassign camera controls et al. and set it up to your liking.

I really don't understand what the problem is myself.
Requires frequent fiddling no matter what you do.

NWN's camera was fine.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If I had a cent for every time someone brings up NWN2's camera......... NWN2's camera is fine, git gut.
What isn't fine however are the character models, especially the heads. I'm sure sure that's something Beamdog will be able... ahahahaha, what am I saying?:dealwithit:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was playing the original a few years back and thinking about how good it would be with a graphical upgrade and the PRC mod. Even with all the mechanical warts in the engine. But I just can't see how this is worth even 1 quid. Personally I think that if you even spent a few bob on this instead of donating to that developer who needs a new pc Kidney on the Codex's front page - then you need to hang your head in shame.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
If they released a NWN2 enhanced edition with a functioning camera I'd buy it. Fuck NWN2's camera.

Let it be known that this faggot is parroting an outmoded and uninformed viewpoint.

My blog has proved beyond doubt that the Electron cam is the greatest cam in RPG history.

And good luck trying to go against that, because my "opinion" about this is getting no less than 1k views per day.

Whereas this fuckstick, and fucksticks like him, are unread.

Codex Year of the Donut
If they released a NWN2 enhanced edition with a functioning camera I'd buy it. Fuck NWN2's camera.

Let it be known that this faggot is parroting an outmoded and uninformed viewpoint.

My blog has proved beyond doubt that the Electron cam is the greatest cam in RPG history.

And good luck trying to go against that, because my "opinion" about this is getting no less than 1k views per day.

Whereas this fuckstick, and fucksticks like him, are unread.
are you in treatment for autism?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'll take that as a yes.

Take it how you like. What you think of me doesn't matter. You are a non-entity; a Nothing. You could dedicate the remainder of your pitiful life to "coming at that Lilura person" and still not remotely approach the readership I have on the subject of NWN2's cam.

It's incredibly sad when you think about it.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
are you in treatment for autism?

Yay or nay, that is irrelevant. In this sphere, all that matters is that whatever you, or other 'tards, say about NWN2, doesn't matter, and whatever I say does. Because I am read and you are not.

So I haven't read you blog yet Lilura, but am assuming that since you rated my post shit - you are a great fan of NWN:EE?. Personally I think it might have been a buy for me if it had full party control...

Max Damage

Savant
I would welcome a nw2 ee with tougher battles.
Difficulty upgrade/better AI/fixed feats (i.e. Quicken Spell) would definitely be nice. There are many spells that go untouched by enemy spellcasters, which makes boss encounters opposite of exciting. Nobody ever tries to dispell/breach your buffs. Zone control spells are used randomly and aren't much scary because mages don't understand how to place 'em right. I don't know how well 3.5E translates into non-TB combat at maximum potential, but pretty sure NWN2 could allow for more interesting encounters. I mean, mods already show what could've been with better AI, spell lists and terrain.

jungl

Augur
My most fond memories of NWN was joining a pvp server as a strength based monk and dueling this halfling dex based monk and him nerd raging that I beat his dex based twf kama monk lost all the duels. Kept ranting how his hipster monk build could win and how strength monk is for retards. Playing some of the player made modules and being slightly amused with the effort gone into them then uninstalling them. Also the persistent mmo type servers were fun but still waste of time compared to a actual mmo. Neverwinter nights is like a art exhibit rather then a game you want to play.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yay or nay, that is irrelevant. In this sphere, all that matters is that whatever you, or other 'tards, say about NWN2, doesn't matter, and whatever I say does. Because I am read and you are not.
This is some fallacious reasoning.

Cael

Arcane
My most fond memories of NWN was joining a pvp server as a strength based monk and dueling this halfling dex based monk and him nerd raging that I beat his dex based twf kama monk lost all the duels. Kept ranting how his hipster monk build could win and how strength monk is for retards. Playing some of the player made modules and being slightly amused with the effort gone into them then uninstalling them. Also the persistent mmo type servers were fun but still waste of time compared to a actual mmo. Neverwinter nights is like a art exhibit rather then a game you want to play.
Yes. Dex and Wis Monks are a trap for newbies. For Monks to be viable even in PnP, you need to go Str based.

Cael

Arcane
I'd like to see a remaster of the armor models. Whatever the artstyle for them was pretty atrocious in my opinion.
I remember reading somewhere that the devs for NWN2 didn't want the bikini chainmail thing as they didn't want to face the femiNazi nerdrage, so they made the armour as bland as they could and claimed they were making it "realistic". Not sure how true that rumour was, but it did explain the crappy armour models.

Cael

Arcane
Just early Hong Kong AM drunk logic at its best.

Adjusted.
NEW Hong Kong AM drunk logic. Heavily influenced by mainlander arrogance and fucktardery.

The old Hong Kong mindset stems from the traditional Confucius teaching, before the commie nationalistic brainwashing came along, and amongst the virtues that mindset extolled was humility and stoicism.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Storm of Soz for NWN2 had some decently tough battles in the end-game (and in the mid-game). The last boss could actually roflstomp most parties.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I would love to see them do an EE version of FO 1 and 2, Arcanum, and ToEE just to create more interest in them, and expose more people to the creations of the greatest crpg developer the world has ever known. I don't want to discount the work of people who still put tons of great work into these games, but EE versions seem to drum up a lot of interest, even if they are a huge scam company that makes Madoff and Enron look like saints.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom