Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
The best mods are the mods that haven't been released.

P.S. L0L Another NWN thread. L0L Yet Codex claimed NWN would be forgotten within months of its release. HAHAHAHA!
Modern Codex is a Pretty Good Time.

Some guy: "OHHH MAN. NWN 1. Shitty game. Hate it, fuck it. Anyway, I've wanted to play it again recently, so I reinstalled it and let's make long threads about it every month."

Codex: "Actually, everybody here knows a shitload about Neverwinter Nights."

:codexisfor:

roll-a-die

Magister
The best mods are the mods that haven't been released.

P.S. L0L Another NWN thread. L0L Yet Codex claimed NWN would be forgotten within months of its release. HAHAHAHA!
Modern Codex is a Pretty Good Time.

Some guy: "OHHH MAN. NWN 1. Shitty game. Hate it, fuck it. Anyway, I've wanted to play it again recently, so I reinstalled it and let's make long threads about it every month."

Codex: "Actually, everybody here knows a shitload about Neverwinter Nights."

:codexisfor:
It's more everyone here knows a shitload about RPGs, less about any specific game. This is a site dedicated to the pursuit of RPGs. And furry's, and tranny's, and neonazi's... ANYWAY, I haven't played seriously Neverwinter Nights in years, since bioware changed sites for Dragon Age, my account got "lost" in the move, and my 10 year old keys got deleted.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
Saleron's Gambit 1-5 (excellent low magic, low level mod series)
A Dance with Rogues (lol rape)
Aielund Saga (slow at first but epic once you reach the end of the first module; the series takes well into epic levels)
Almraven/Shadewood and the soon to be completed Fate of the Auren trilogy (the absolute best Mage mod)
Rose of Eternity
Blackguard (play an evil blackguard, fight harpers, raise an army, kill a city etc.)

and those are just the top of my head...there are tons of good ones really.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Doubtful. Any worthwhile mod likely didn't come out until the 2 expansions were released and if theyw ere released early were likely updated.

Erebus

Arcane
Elegia Eternum is a short module that doesn't require either expansion. It's close to being an adventure game, but definitely worth playing.

Dorateen

Arcane
If you're looking for classical adventure feel, take a look at Legacy of White Plume Mountain; full party generation, random encounters on overland map, huge campaing, probably the biggest one there is, with ton of side-quests and optional content, area design is great, it's noticeable just how much effort went into it. Sadly, certain interior tiles are bugged and it result in crashing and save game corruption, so I wouldn't advice going there (mines and Underdark caverns)

In addition to Legacy of White Plume Mountain, the author also had released prior two chapters in his Dark Avenger campaign. Those modules were more story focused, but still very well done. Unique companions and all that. It's got an evil talking horse. And good use of Forgotten Realms lore.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Halloween mod is also pretty cool (it's more a fun adventure romp) full of a much of mini stories. Also I helped to create one of the mods in that. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Says the guy who mentioned Dark Waters and A Dance With Rogues, seriously, as if they don't get enough mentions and praise? Not that it bothers me, they probably deserve it just like H&C and for different reasons, but since you brought me up on supposed "circlejerking, taking the cake"... (I have no alignments or vested interests in praising one mod over another).

Those "features" I mentioned should be commonplace, but to my dismay most mods don't even bother so that's why I note it.

Not getting into a "this mod > that mod" debate, I'm just gonna mention the mods I played and what I enjoyed about them.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'll probably sink time into the two-part Subtlety of Thay next, and Trinity has also piqued my interest. Conan is also on the cards, love the R.E Howard books.

Dyskolos

Cipher
Another one would be Misery Stone, which is set in Ravenloft and has a lot of custom eye-candy models, tiles and animations. Area design detail and atmosphere is probably the best there is, for offline modules, but narrative is quite poor and there's a tad too much combat, in my opinion.

I really wanted to like this one since I've always had a soft spot for the Ravenloft setting. For a good part of the game it wasn't hard to overlook most of the flaws in favor of visuals and atmosphere but it just all started falling apart somewhere toward the end. And then some bug fucked my save and I never finished.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Hey Dyskolos, what game is your avatar from?

5620.jpg

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Good day everyone!

Are there any good must play NWN modules out there?
One with a good story and good design and it should also have some length and not just be over after 5 hours or whatever.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
You might want to start with Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher (and Demon) campaigns by Adam Miller, they are varied and interesting, keep in mind that he made all this shit even before there was a CEP community patch, so some features were not present at the time of development.

That ought to give you something to sink your teeth in for a while

Edit: fuck it, let me make a list of what I have liked.

- The Bastard of Kosigan series, it has a fierily interesting alternate history setting with a cool MC.
- Tortured Hearts and Tortured Hearts II for two massive games with interesting design and absolutely no hand holding.
- Anything made by Stephen Gagne, if you dig his humor you will find hte Penultime Rerolled series and awesome parody of fantasy tropes
- Honor Among Thieves for a good rogue oriented module.
- For an interesting romp as a drow you might find A Hunt Through the Dark pentalogy penta 5 modules campaign interesting.
I particularly liked how you could defy your orders from the very start and have the full plated battle rapers swarm you for a satisfying game over because of your stupidity. Granted, one would want to know why the fuck do they need YOU to begin with to clear out a couple of caves with puny goblins, but hey, it does improve with time so it' good.
- The Paladin oriented trilogy by Rick Burton.

There are others of course, but my dinner is ready so fuck it.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks i will have a look at the ones you have listed :)
Also thanks to whoever it was that moved my thread :)

Xeon

Augur
- The Bastard of Kosigan series, it has a fierily interesting alternate history setting with a cool MC.

I enjoyed the first and second episode. I don't think I finished third episode and I think there is a a forth untranslated episode.
I briefly played Madness and Magic and was good. Didn't finish.

Edit:
My posts no longer need approval so.. woot

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
[quote="Xeon, post: 2659049, member: 16549"]
I enjoyed the first and second episode. I don't think I finished third episode and I think there is a a forth untranslated episode.[/quote]

Not yet translated you say?
Well I know French so IIRC I played the first in English then I switched to French cause I don't like to play translated if I know the language.

Gratz on the approval thing, now you unlocked new action in your account: ready to be banned, brofisted like a slut and leave4eva.
What a wondrous career indeed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom