Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Morkar Left

There were some mods that allowed to multiclass your companions (but Khelgar had some clitches). Don't remember their names anymore.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't know if there is a mod sorry. I am just posting to know why you need it though?

I have played through MotB 1½ times already. One of the only really great things about NWN2 is the huge variety in Character Customization, so I wanted to play around with that a bit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I don't know if there is a mod sorry. I am just posting to know why you need it though?

I have played through MotB 1½ times already. One of the only really great things about NWN2 is the huge variety in Character Customization, so I wanted to play around with that a bit.
Play SoZ instead ;)

Afaik, there are mods that allow you to multiclass companions, but no idea about changing their classes completely.

waywardOne

Arcane
There has to be, though I don't remember if it was something I found or made myself. Perhaps just hallucination, but I think it involved changing their character files, killing/erasing/deleting them in-game, then re-spawning them so that they used the changed file since the "placed" character was a lot more involved to change. Sorry; it's been a while.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There has to be, though I don't remember if it was something I found or made myself. Perhaps just hallucination, but I think it involved changing their character files, killing/erasing/deleting them in-game, then re-spawning them so that they used the changed file since the "placed" character was a lot more involved to change. Sorry; it's been a while.

Sounds like what I'm looking for, but can't find anything like it.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
There is also a mod out there that removes the party size limit. Handy considering you will always basically be down 1 and it can be annoying to miss the dialogue, and in my opinion makes combat a bit more balanced in places as there are some very difficult fights here and there.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I mean creating their character. From level 1 and onwards. Like Level1NPC for Baldur's Gate, for instance.

Multi-classing them and all that I've already solved.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
you are such a fucking boss, been searching forever and found nothing, was just about to start playing too

I don't think it will work on the current version though, and even less likely in MotB, but I'll give it a shot. Testing in OC.

Arkeus

Arcane
Doesn't work :(
What you need is one of the many, many mods that make it possible to change the classes of the companions (for example, the SoZ makeover mod for MotB/Oc does this), and then use the console to make them lose XP and regain it. OTOH, you would still have the 'first' level. There are probably other ways for making a complete creation, though i don't know about them. Still, having them have one level of a class you might not love is not a big thing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I already reduce them to level 1 via the console. The problem IS the first level.

In most cases, it's no biggie, but in some it is. For example, if I were to make Bishop a Druid he has a fucking useless level of Ranger which AFAIR will even override the Animal Companion of druid, since NWN2 handles Animal Companions as a case of "first class that gets it is the only class that gets it and levels it."

Since I'm playing MotB that particular example won't be an issue, but it's a good example.

EDIT: Actually, rangers don't get AC before level 4, so it's a pretty shitty example, but you get the point ;)

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Grunker
I'm curious why you want to change companions classes in MotB. Their classes are strictly tied to the story and we know MotB is all about the story. Gann anything other than spirit shaman? Safiya a druid? Just curious, not judging.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker
I'm curious why you want to change companions classes in MotB. Their classes are strictly tied to the story and we know MotB is all about the story. Gann anything other than spirit shaman? Safiya a druid? Just curious, not judging.

I already know the story. Besides that, I think I answered your question here:

I've installed Kaedrin's PRC package (which might be the greatest thing ever), and I'm mostly playing this time to toy with the character system a bit.

Anyway, I've begun playing now, and I'm working around the 1st level thing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've installed Kaedrin's PRC package (which might be the greatest thing ever), and I'm mostly playing this time to toy with the character system a bit.

Anyway, I've begun playing now, and I'm working around the 1st level thing.

Let me know if there is a WIS based AB feat (like weapon finesse) for Monks.

Intuitive Attack is in :thumbsup:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I actually considered that, but wasn't sure you could alter the official modules in that way without issues.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The first young, aspiring modder who delivers a functional NWN2 "change your companion classes to whatever the fuck you like (incl. kaedrins)" - mod gets a GoG game of his choice (up to $15 or so) , paid by Grunker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom