Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Yeah, most faces in NWN 2 are unfortunatly ugly. If you don't like the Facelift Pack you can just browse the models sections, put some of them in the override and hope for the best. Over the years I collected some decent ones, but I can't find them on the web anymore :(

Edit:
I.E. I stole Head 67 from this Pack:
http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/82/?

Yer. This is much better quality overall. At least the Drow and Sun elves don't look like they have heads made of melting wax.

sunshinecorp

Novice
Once upon a time, I wrote a Neverwinter Nights module.

The module itself was called "Mages of the Toast", a pun on... well... Wizards of the Coast. I had Part One of it published in the Neverwinter Vault but after a few updates and seeing that I didn't have time to write any more parts, I took it down. After that, I lost it in a HDD crash. I've been looking for a copy of my module for over ten years now. I wrote it under the nickname Valor the JeSteR.

The module was a high-level comedy and even though it was very short, about an hour to complete if you took the time to read stuff and solve puzzles, it was just one small area after all.

This is a request to anyone, everyone that might have a copy of my module. Please, send me a PM, link here, anything.

This is a link to the archived vault page of the module, alas with no working download link:

https://web.archive.org/web/2005011...gn.com/Files/modules/data/1072820421593.shtml

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I've posted a request for your module on neverwintervault.org and bioware.com. Maybe someone knows. Good luck.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Came across this while researching the NWN user interface.. gorgeous gothic horror GUI for Prisoners of the Mist, a Ravenloft persistent world.

macbeth.jpg

ravenloft%2Boriginal.jpg
Ah, Ravenloft... how I long for you to receive more attention in the genre; it's high time..

Last edited:

janior

Arcane
Patron
Why people still create mods for this in 2016? What's their motivation, all of them want to work at bioware or what?

eXalted

Arcane
Well, I completely understand them. Just recently I discovered NWN and its modules. The OC is shit, but the editor got me so hooked up.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Is it still worth building modules for NWN in this day and age? I built so many maps and quests for my (still-running) NWN PW, and some part of me wants to build single-player games in the toolset. The only thing keeping me from doing it is the thought that no one would play them in this day and age. No point building stuff if nobody's ever going to see it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Is it still worth building modules for NWN in this day and age? I built so many maps and quests for my (still-running) NWN PW, and some part of me wants to build single-player games in the toolset. The only thing keeping me from doing it is the thought that no one would play them in this day and age. No point building stuff if nobody's ever going to see it.

Baldurs Gate Remake For NWN2 released on Dec 2014 and currently has 225 000 unique downloads.
If you build it - they will come.

Since GoG dropped a DRM free version of the game patched for Windows 7 and NWN / NWN2 got their own portals on nexus things have been going a lot stronger.. I still see new modules today.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Is there a patch for Windows 10 that makes NWN run in a reliable fashion? Mine still crashes about half the time. Is buying the GOG version the only way to get a patched version of the game?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Is there a patch for Windows 10 that makes NWN run in a reliable fashion? Mine still crashes about half the time. Is buying the GOG version the only way to get a patched version of the game?

Yes but there are community made launchers that fix a ton of issues and performance problems.. especially for NWN 2.
Steam dropped support for NWN / NWN2 because they require publishers to always release the latest version to Steam and Atari's latest version is the GOG patched binary of the game.

I can't say if Windows 10 issues are fixed for any of those.. I don't use Windows 10 for obvious reasons.

eXalted

Arcane

It seems like everyone nowadays is using the NWN 1.69 patch
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

Most of the modules require it too. I'm running Windows 10 and don't have any problems with the game and editor. Make sure that the *.exe files are checked to run as admin. Never experienced a crash.

Oh and I would play new NWN modules, that is for sure.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
It seems like everyone nowadays is using the NWN 1.69 patch
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

Most of the modules require it too. I'm running Windows 10 and don't have any problems with the game and editor. Make sure that the *.exe files are checked to run as admin. Never experienced a crash.

Oh and I would play new NWN modules, that is for sure.

I'm running the 1.69 patch. NWN has issues with 64-bit systems. You can get it to run, but sometimes it wants to fight you. That being said, I never have issues with the toolset...just the game itself.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I had the floor tiles disappear at one point, switching to low-res textures fixed it though, anyone know what's up with that?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
There is some great building and custom content-use (Project Q) in this persistent world.

It's just a pity the guy doing it seems to be full of himself...

"I am a builder, and a very talented one aswell"

... and lacks ppl skillz; for example, on one of the pages he seems ungrateful to a scripter who tried to help him.

"That's it, I'm done. I recently got two people who wanted to help, but it didn't last long, so I will abandon this project. I do not have the energy to try and motivate people".

Five months later, after milking some reactions, he posts in the same thread:

"I might give this one more shot... I don't know".

It's just a turn off and I would never play on this guy's server, no matter how good it looks; "typical modder" springs to mind.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

People are gonna play your module if you put it up for download, so please do, especially if you're an experienced builder. I would avoid doing what this guy did, though (putting up a half-assed WiP).

The quantity of content coming out is much lower these days, but the quality and expectations are much, much higher for single-player modules (e.g, Swordflight sets the standard for the traditional D&D campaign). Long gone are the days of receiving hundreds of votes, 50 pages of comments, and tens of thousands of downloads, though: for most who persist, it's a labor of love that has endured for a decade (some series', that are still being added to, have been going for about that long)..

Here is a good guide on making a module (in case your memory needs a refresh).

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane

Deleted Member 16721

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Saleron's Gambit module is a good one.

I have a quite extensive (20+ episodes) Let's Play of the game on my channel.

Saleron's Gambit was my first foray into NWN modules and I came away very impressed. Some of the verbiage at times is a bit long-winded, but overall the game maintains a high quality and has the feel of a solid pen-and-paper experience throughout.

Granted, the pen-and-paperness was probably more to do with NWN itself, but this module was still quality throughout.

I really would like to play more NWN modules overall, but I think I will wait until I either own a Windows tablet that I can play the game on, or it becomes playable on my Android tablet somehow. Yes, I am on a tablet kick right now.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's a weird looking sword.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom