Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Also thinking of installing the prc pack - is it compatible with modules and/or buggy? Anyone with experience in its use care to comment?

Compatible with some, merge tool or editor editing required or something.

Fargus

Arcane
I'm in the mood to play some NWN modules. Are there any down to earth and heavy on roleplay modules with decent story? Without ancient evil, doomsday prophecies etc.?

eXalted

Arcane
I'm in the mood to play some NWN modules. Are there any down to earth and heavy on roleplay modules with decent story? Without ancient evil, doomsday prophecies etc.?

Dance with Rogues.

I would also like some recommendations that cover these requirements.

Fargus

Arcane

Dance with Rogues.

I would also like some recommendations that cover these requirements.

Already played ADWR and enjoyed it. One of the best.

I would suggest Vampire: Heaven Defied if you haven't played it already.

eXalted

Arcane
Thank you, I would take a look at it.

Is it that hard to create a plot with a personal drama or some other low key stuff, without suddenl-- OMYGOD ANCIENT EVIL AND DEMONS FROM OUTTER SPACE!

The Neverwinter Vault needs some big changes for the module ratings. There are maybe so many "newer" good modules, but the ranking is showing only the "classic" stuff.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Are there any good combatfag modules? Well-designed encounters, dungeoneering, etc.?

Fenris 2.0

Augur
I also encountered two bugs. First, in the beginning, you have to choose how to travel to the village, by boat or by land. This leads to a bit of mutually exclusive content. I picked going by boat and after a fight vs lizardmen the captain of the ship told me he couldn't take me further and I had to leave the boat but I couldn't figure out how to actually do that. There was no dialogue or something to click on to make me leave the boat, so I had to start over and picked going by land route instead.
Had this Bug too, but after I restarted the module with a empty Override - as was stated back in the day in the Readme - it worked. Haven't tried the second Path, played only once.

Fenris 2.0

Augur
Are there any good combatfag modules? Well-designed encounters, dungeoneering, etc.?

I liked Tomb of Horrors Revisited for dungeoneering, unfortunatly the latest (SOZ updated) Version of it got lost when the Bioware Community Mod Site closed. It is one mean big Dungeon for NWN 2.

The Legacy of White Plume Mountain also has great Dungeons, and the Encounters seem to be interesting, but turn far to easy if you grind a bit - or maybe even if you do all Sidequests, I guess (also for NWN 2). Some Areas can be nearly unplayable because of Crashes, but there are so many Dungeons, that you can safely skip them - at least if you have your own Crafters.

I have Night Howls in Nestlehaven in good Memory, but I can't remember why... there was a lot of talking to do, though, but I think it had good encounters.

Yes, that one is good, but don't forget a classic Healing/Sun Cleric :)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Swordflight Chapter Three has just been released on neverwintervault.org. Enjoy!

I have completed a beta version, twice, as a playtester. I found lots of lil' typos but only a few bugs and oversights. It upholds the standards of the first two installments, including the reactivity and "difficulty".

I may post more info on the Codex depending on the interest lvls... Will have a write-up on my blog soon, too.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
3 out of how many chapters now? Might finally be time to get started...

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
This is great news. How many hours can we expect from Swordflight 3? I'll surely get around to playing this series - from beginning to end, from Part 1 to Part 3 - when I finish up my current Witcher 3 + Expansions/DLC playthrough. I'm on level 21 so I expect to finish this by the end of the year :roll:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck, I haven't even completed chapter 2 yet, damn you, other games! :argh:I'll jump right in when I finish my TLJ playthrough.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
I just got NWN on your recommendation, Swordflight better be that good. :P (and I can finally finish the Kosignan series too, since it got translated!)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Good luck with Kosigan.. it's buggy. A guy name Greg managed to get through the series, though. Maybe a few others, too. Bless them.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Good luck with Kosigan.. it's buggy. A guy name Greg managed to get through the series, though. Maybe a few others, too. Bless them.

Any game where you need a walkthrough to avoid breaking the main quest because of bugs or because it was never polished by the author just doesn't seem worth it. Tis a pity since this series is pretty legendary among NWN mods otherwise. Here's an amusing post from GOG about one man's experience trying to play Bastard of Kosigan:

Bastard of Kosigan.
Very disappointing. The start of a good story, pity he never finished it.
Exile of the West was alright & pretty stable, except your follower who was quite interesting up until you hired her, then became mute & boring.
The Bastard of Kosigan was terrible. Saved games had to be loaded 3 or 4 times (constant crashing when loading)
I couldn't find a walkthrough to know how the author wanted me to play the mod.
If you didn't play it as he intended & just followed your nose then none of it made sence.
For example: right at the start, I didn't trust the grey ghost bloke & told him to stick it, & left.
I got attact by bandits straight away & got the key to the sewers they dropped.
So I go down the sewers & play cards with a thug & my only topic of conversation is to ask for help with a quest I haven't been given from a women I haven't yet meet or know anything about.
Then when I head to the next town I find myself at a ball asking questions about a women prisoner I know nothing about. I can hand over documents from the grey ghost bloke, that I was never given.
And I can try & stop a wedding but don't know why I would want to.
You can find the answers to quest before you are given them, but aren't given the option to say "I already found that"

But ultimately the decisions you make are meaningless, do you help the witches, the church, or the king? doesn't matter because the mod was never finished. You end up 1/2 way through a battle.

hell bovine

Arcane
Eh, I'll give it a pass then. Swordflight seems big enough to keep me entertained. And I'll probably replay a few of my old favorites that I've forgotten by now.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
All of the bugs, stupid things, oddities, game-breakers and unsolved mysteries I encountered - just for the first episode of Bastard of Kosigan - are posted for posterity at the end of this post. You can see what I went through, how I toiled, and how I still managed to enjoy myself.

I've just posted a short, introductory write-up to Chapter Three of Swordflight, here (spoiler warning).

hell bovine

Arcane
Thanks, but I am still in chapter 1 and for now I want to avoid spoilers of any kind. (I am reading up on your bg adventures, though, since not many people do a full scs & Ascension roleplaying playthrough; mostly it's powergaming).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Lilura , have you played the Tortured Hearts modules? If so, what do you think of them? I haven't started them seriously yet.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Got two walkthroughs and two articles on the go atm.. so yeah, no time to check it out. Let us know if it's worth it, though.

hell bovine

Arcane
I have played it a few years ago, but never finished it due to quests being buggy. I don't even remember what it was about, tbh; I think at one point my character got stuck and couldn't progress anymore (no new areas to access, no new npcs to talk to), but at that point I simply didn't feel like figuring out what went wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom