Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Jason Liang

Arcane
It's a bit of work, sure. But you aren't exactly on an adventure, and there's a lot to do and explore around the city.

Starwars

Arcane
ADWR is a piece of shit and I'm unsure why it suddenly seems to have gained some form of recognition on the codex. I guess somewhere along the way, the rapiness and dumb sexual situations somehow became a good thing. Thanks sjws and gg, thanks.

Back in the good ol' days it was made fun of, as it should be.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess it's because it's a glimpse into the (sexual) fantasies of a woman, a power fantasy, though I wouldn't call it that precisely, from a woman's perspective. It feels and is fresh. It doesn't scream SJW at all.

DramaticPopcorn

It's not like it has CnC, complex companion interaction (you can ignore sex my dudes), story progression with an actual pacing, rogue gameplay that is focused on rogues and rewards what rogues do best. The first standalone module of ADWR is one of the best NWN1 experiences period. So, fake edgy news indeed

Echo Mirage

Arcane
It's a shame Valine vanished off the face of the earth and never polished the second ADWR module as much as the first. I'm suprised no one ever picked up the work either. I would have expected at least several modded versions to be floating around by now.

But anyway. I'm feeling slightly edgy. Are there any Vampiric or even any evil aligned modules worth a look?

eXalted

Arcane
It's a shame Valine vanished off the face of the earth and never polished the second ADWR module as much as the first. I'm suprised no one ever picked up the work either. I would have expected at least several modded versions to be floating around by now.
YRsh... some of the areas have so much potential but now they feel kind of empty and dull.
But anyway. I'm feeling slightly edgy. Are there any Vampiric or even any evil aligned modules worth a look?
You could try Vampire: Heaven Defied but I think you will be disappointed at the end. It's another module with potential but now it feels more like a demo. There is some cool scripting at work (vampire abilities and some other stuff I'm not going to spoil) but ah was I irritated at the end because it could have been so much more.

Starwars

Arcane
1460271166171.jpg

Shit that was good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can skip almost all sex scenes, with the exception of the first one, because it's, oh, you know, rape (at least I don't think there's a check to overpower him?). The second to last sentence (I turn away....) switches perspectives btw, from first to third person. That's telling of the mindset with which Valine wrote these :p

Last edited:

Proleric

Novice
I'm playing Dark Energy right now. It's nice. Setting is... bizarre, to say the least, and I'm not yet sure if it's written to be the way it is or it's simply written badly (I hope for the former). Very linear module, which is not my style, and I managed to break it very early on with my exploring (had to restart whole thing, one trigger didn’t fire, I guess because I visited a location before I was supposed to). Module gives some choices but I fear that there are no true consequences, but it's still too soon to tell. The premise is unique and I’m having some fun playing Dark Energy because of that, but I’m feeling that it wasn’t utilized to its full abilities, not nearly, and it’s sad.
If you let me know the details of the problem you encountered, I'll try to fix it, to help other players.

There are very few intentional blocks on exploring.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
This review is just for the overall game. I want to make a page just about the Aurora Toolset, plus one just recommending mods & modules.

And now comes the real challenge battle: Lilura , you made a great guide to NWN and know a lot about their modules... wanna write this part? Or, failing that, can I blatantly copy your recommendations? :shittydog:

I don't even accept requests to write for cash. And who wants to taint their rep by writing for your twaddle-tome? Moreover, you are a fucking hack, charlatan, and slimeball.

Unless Lilura was fooling us all around and also took care of NWN2 too.

I wrote a guide for NWN2 modding, if that's what you mean. You can read it here.

Hi!

really? Really?! REALLY!?! The one and only Lilura is here too from the BD forum? OMG! <3 xOxO :hug:

If anyone is looking for Lilura to make something, check out her blog for Siege of Dragonspear walkthrough and see some top-notch quality for a top-notch game! Detail is what Lilura is all about!

Thank you very much for the kind words, Randal.

Good to see some new ppl playing Swordflight, btw.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
This review is just for the overall game. I want to make a page just about the Aurora Toolset, plus one just recommending mods & modules.

And now comes the real challenge battle: Lilura , you made a great guide to NWN and know a lot about their modules... wanna write this part? Or, failing that, can I blatantly copy your recommendations? :shittydog:

I don't even accept requests to write for cash. And who wants to taint their rep by writing for your twaddle-tome? Moreover, you are a fucking hack, charlatan, and slimeball.

Huh, I didn't expected that.

racofer

Thread Incliner

FhxzCYT.gif

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Don't worry, felipepepe , that was a very Finnish way of saying "yes". Trust me, I'm an expert.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
anybody who writes so much about shit like NWN, such as Lilura, must be quite high on the spectrum

people like that are prone to attacking others to make themselves feel better

This is what you came up with?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom