Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
What happened to user icon ratings of posts? I want to see how many Butthurt emojis DramtaticPopcorn got for his angry post above and if it's a new codex record.

Thanks Lilura, good to see a decent mod guide as there are a lot of base fixes for NWN. As I almost done chapter 1 in SOU

tips hat

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Walkthrough for The Birthday has been posted. This was the module Maerduin made before his award-winning Harp & Chrysanthemum. It was an entry in Obsidian's first contest which was themed on the Grimm's Fairy Tales.

house.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone ever try playing a lv20+ character in NWN2OC?
Yup. Used Storm of Zehir to level my Barbarian to level thirty. Was utterly overpowered. Kill one enemy, great cleave the rest. I eventually multi-classed him into a Barbarian.
In my estimate, only that Algard campaign for nwn 2 can even withstand a high level player, seeing that it relies on puzzle elements for most of its key fights.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, and after a few years of blogging about 'em I've really only just scratched the surface.

New post: Baldur's Gate-esque campaigns for NWN.
Good stuff.
Even the Wyvern crown of Cormyr could almost qualify, and it's addition of mounted combat actually works pretty well, though you might as well just savescum the jousting tourneys.
And yeah, if you're done raising your hero to high levels, you can always prepare to get raped in multiple horrible ways in Pyramids of Fate. And not in the dance with rogues type rape either.
Kingmaker is kinda meh, you level up way too fast. Pirates of the sword coast is interesting but it really overstayed its welcome.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pirates had fun elements, but the total lack of challenge put me off, even though I completed it. It was kinda fresh because it was a fun adventure. It wasn't piratey though, at least you didn't do anything piratey except look for buried treasure.

Thanks for the update Lilura, will be putting a lot of time into NWN/NWN2 soon, so much good content to hit up

Yep, and after a few years of blogging about 'em I've really only just scratched the surface.

New post: Baldur's Gate-esque campaigns for NWN.

NICE!

Almost done SOU!

Can't wait to get into a bunch more modules, people really don't give NWN the right time of day. All weekend it felt like I was back playing D&D at the table, just without all the fuss

DeepOcean

Arcane
Have to say that little tavern on Swordflight 1 kicks the shit out of Torment NumaNuma in reactivity and replayability, game designers and writers nowdays are brain damaged morons.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Swordflight has the advantage of being made by 1 guy, not that I'm defending Numenera. Swordflight also has the advantage of being one of the best RPGs in ~2 decades, so yeah.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Have to say that little tavern on Swordflight 1 kicks the shit out of Torment NumaNuma in reactivity and replayability, game designers and writers nowdays are brain damaged morons.

What did you think of the Buried Ruins dungeon crawl, or have you not reached it yet? Chapter Two's non-linear questing in Calimport is the highlight of the series, for me; it's staggering in its breadth and depth. I really hope Rogueknight tries his hand at a Durlag's Tower-style megadungeon in future installments, too. He's capable of pulling it off.

Jinn

Arcane
For myself, I found the Buried Ruins dungeon to be very enjoyable and challenging in some ways, and slightly unfair and tedious in others. The dungeon really encourages you to use the death/respawn system put into place in the mod, which I can certainly appreciate, but didn't really enjoy utilizing. The puzzles were good for the most part, some definitely better than others.

The point of no return was nicely executed, regardless of my feelings on the death/respawn system. I also enjoyed the mounting tension and challenge leading to the final room of the dungeon, where you are reminded that you are only two children pretending at adventure.

I think some of the tedium I experienced from this dungeon was just due to playing as a rogue and not having a range of companions to choose from. This ramped up the combat difficulty a lot for me, to a sometimes ridiculous degree. However, it kind of forced me to multi-class, which I feel may have been a subtle and intentional nudge from the author. If so, it's another excellent display of the talent at work here.

Hugely agree.

hell bovine

Arcane
Another mod rec for NWN: Agrenost - Beneath the Cobbles

Now this mod has two big flaws:
1) economy is completely bonkers and it's very easy to become insanely rich early (though I wonder whether it was authors intention or just old age of the mod, e.g. one of the updates messing up the buy-sell prices),
2) ending feels too heroic, considering you can play it with an evil character.
Nevertheless, Agrenost is a very atmospheric mod, with great use of music (just go a tavern and listen to the band playing there :)), light and smoke, warring street factions and different class origins. Yet again a modder created a city that feels more alive than those made by "professional gaming developers". :lol:

Next on my list: Bloodright the Blood Royal. Anyone has played it?

Just an side note, I would highly recommend not using henchman inventory and battle AI mods in the original OC. I was seeing some super strange stuff in the SOU last night, an Paladin with 130HP with an AC of 32, should be dieing in 3 seconds from a few shadow dudes ;)

eXalted

Arcane
The Henchman AI mod is not recommended in almost any NWN module.

It's more like a modder resource than a player one.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Another mod rec for NWN: Agrenost - Beneath the Cobbles

Now this mod has two big flaws:
1) economy is completely bonkers and it's very easy to become insanely rich early (though I wonder whether it was authors intention or just old age of the mod, e.g. one of the updates messing up the buy-sell prices),
2) ending feels too heroic, considering you can play it with an evil character.
Nevertheless, Agrenost is a very atmospheric mod, with great use of music (just go a tavern and listen to the band playing there :)), light and smoke, warring street factions and different class origins. Yet again a modder created a city that feels more alive than those made by "professional gaming developers". :lol:

Next on my list: Bloodright the Blood Royal. Anyone has played it?

Agrenost starts out strong and tapers off into nothingness as it goes along. I suppose it's worth a single playthrough, but that's it, it's not going to light anyone's world on fire.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Just an side note, I would highly recommend not using henchman inventory and battle AI mods in the original OC.

Yeah, CPP is superior.. though it may make some normally EZ fights pretty tough. See its gameplay changes here ("AI changes" section).

(Red text denotes change is CPP 1.71 only.)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Haven't tried it, sorry. You could register on the Vault and ask Shadoow himself.

Luspr is currently offering additional insights into Darkness Over Daggerford development on my blog. Click to jump to his comments.

yep might have to pull the 1.71, just started HOTU, and my Paladin getting his ass whiped sideways coming out of the Inn. Just so many spells, 130 hit points to 0 within seconds. So odd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom