Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New 2D Prince of Persia rumours

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-17-2d-prince-of-persia-game-in-development-report

Ubisoft is developing a fresh 2D entry in its dormant Prince of Persia series, according to a new report.

French website Portail du Jeu Video states that the new game will utilise Ubisoft Montpellier's UbiArt engine - as used in Rayman Origins and Legends (thanks, Videogamer).

It's also the same engine used by upcoming Ubisoft role-player Child of Light, and Eurogamer understands that other UbiArt games are also currently in production.

The report details some of the animation possible within the engine, and that the Prince's body will be animated to look like it is a 3D model by moving a number of individual parts - his torso, legs, feet, arms and hands - as with Rayman.

Animations are in place for the Prince to run, perform sword attacks and wall-jump.

Ubisoft declined to comment on the report when contacted by Eurogamer .

Last summer, Ubisoft's European boss Alain Corre told Eurogamer that the Prince of Persia series would return when the company "feel it is ready".

"They're cooking," Corre said of the company's various dormant franchises. "Some are cooking longer than others, but they're cooking."

Link to frog source: http://www.leportaildujeuvideo.fr/a...u-prince-of-persia-en-2d-facon-rayman-legends

what is this i dont even, what is happening to ubisoft

This could potentially end up seriously great if it's done with the same principles as Rayman Origins.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I doubt UbiArt framework suitable for a mobile game, so indeed this could be potentialy great.

Martius

Liturgist
At least it wont be just cheaper and worse AC knock off.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Didn't Ubi already do a remake of the first PoP using the Sands of Time prince 3D model?

Edit: Prince of Persia Classic

prince-of-persia-classic+official.jpg

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Wow, ubisoft is good at trolling. When PoP fans said they want new PoP games they thought about 3D ones, not 2D. 2D PoP games are cute on mobiles/tablets but it would be really lame on the bigger platforms. I also checked these UbiFart engine games... They are so Fartistic hence I'm sure the game will be set in the PoP 2008 universe which I and 95% of PoP fans fucking hated. That one was extremely Fartistic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ITT a bunch of edgy people fail to get the memo that we like Ubisoft now :troll:

circ

Arcane
So boooring. Can't you guys do another LodeRunner or even Karateka? Or H.E.R.O? I think that was Broderbund too. All more interesting games after so much regurgitation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom