Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter New console OTON X that procedurally generates games with AI and does literally everything. Wow!

Who is the king of lies?

• "See that mountain? You can climb it."

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • "18 quintillion planets!"

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • "You can have children in Fable."

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

Astral Rag

Arcane
ps2uosh.jpg

Buyer Beware: The Oton (2012)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So ouya, which was basically an android system with gamepads, needed a million for the base budget, and they expect to make this revolutionary never seen before space age technology marvel with only 25k? Seems legit, sure.
Not to mention how much of a clusterfuck the Ouya launch was in spite of how much money it raised. It turns out releasing a console is hard, who knew?

Durwyn

Prophet
KS is no more what it used to be. Some time ago shit like this would gather at least few hundred thousands of dorra and ensure many butthurts of idiots that backed it after it shipped and/or devs run with money.

A user named cat

It just works.

This looks unbelievably bad.
Their pitches are laughable, too.

Haha, best part of video is at the 1:30 mark. Their over excitement while playing a laggy sidescroller where nothing remotely exciting is on screen.

Actually all the gameplay footage shown was incredibly choppy, that "online fps" was running at like fucking 12 frames. The only footage that ran smoothly was a cutscene for a racing game. These idiots cannot be serious? I would take Ouya any day over this as it can at least play emulators.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Now, I might be wrong on this one, (though I trust my eyes well enough on detecting stuff like this) but I think that's actually edited in on the tv screen. Pause the video and look their hair when it's over the screen. Pretty obvious keyed out green screen, I think. Which make it most likely that's just a stock video.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hey, guys, I wanna sell you a console, the name is S.C.A.M. , are you ready to give 8 million dollars to me?

A horse of course

Todd was not lying about the mountain. Why are you citing that quote as evidence of his alleged misdeeds?

Severian Silk

Are Steam Machines much better? Hardly anyone owns one. And how many games run on it really?

And FFS I don't want to play games on a couch. Watch movies? Sure. Listen to music? Not really. Watch TV? Okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also, what's happening on the last scene ? Are they thinking "This is awful, and we've been waiting to fuck for four minutes already. "

A user named cat

Also, check the "borders" of the actors. They are acting in front of a bluescreen or at least a turned off TV.
Didn't even notice that, Rads was right too. Also didn't notice the text in the bottom left corner. So they fake tv footage and the only actual gameplay shown is extremely laggy for the most basic of games. This has made over $6k on KS already with only 24 backers. What the fuck.

FnCZntM.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Didn't even notice that, Rads was right too. Also didn't notice the text in the bottom left corner

wtf, I noticed the fake screen but didn't even notice the text :gumpyhead:

OK, in that case I believe this project to be for real!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
endless array of perspectives

Sounds prosperian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom