Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Welp, Mass Effect Andromeda techically was not Mass Effect 4. Yet, a girl with 10 years of anal sex experience technically is still a virgin.

Welp, Mass Effect Andromeda techically was not Mass Effect 4. Yet, a girl with 10 years of anal sex experience technically is still a virgin.
Well, until they would've retconned ME3's ending out of existence, we couldn't get ME4 anyway. Shepard dead, or in a pile of rubble, or merged into some shit, or whatever, Mass Relays destroyed, quarian and turian fleets stuck at Solar System are doomed due to lack of dextroamino foods, etc., etc. Never finished Cisquisition, but I gather that Thedas wasn't destroyed, wasn't it? They haven't continued the story of the Warden, and each installment had their own character. So if they haven't destroyed the world in Cisquisition, I'd say that the only thing stopping them from doing sequel is a lack of trust and funding from EA overlords. Maybe not, of course, it could be a number of reasons, but I think that this project will turn out either something experimental, or, more realistically, a mobile card game a-la Gwent or Heartstone. Or an Overwatch clone.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well mass effect is dead because of the ending,its halfbreed nigger child Andromeda is dead because of everything.So we are left waiting for a new spinoff,which will come in the next decade because EA is ashamed of how poorly andromeda did.Also there is a good prospective of Bioware being shot in the head if/when Anthem is a flop.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
did.Also there is a good prospective of Bioware being shot in the head if/when Anthem is a flop.

EA will get rid of Bioware when they have no more use for it. That may come in 2 years or 20 years.
Everything will be decided with anthem i think.If it is a flop like andromeda,EA will not tolerate it.Still it will be fun shitshow to watch.

RepHope

Savant
did.Also there is a good prospective of Bioware being shot in the head if/when Anthem is a flop.

EA will get rid of Bioware when they have no more use for it. That may come in 2 years or 20 years.
Everything will be decided with anthem i think.If it is a flop like andromeda,EA will not tolerate it.Still it will be fun shitshow to watch.
Either way Bioware will finally be dead. It will either be focused on their Destiny clone, which seems to not have player control over dialogue and thus doesn't even try to pretend to be an RPG like most of their games. Or they fail and get shut down since they've botched like 5 fucking games. EA can't be happy that nothing Bioware has put out has reached ES/FO/W3 numbers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Either way Bioware will finally be dead. It will either be focused on their Destiny clone, which seems to not have player control over dialogue and thus doesn't even try to pretend to be an RPG like most of their games. Or they fail and get shut down since they've botched like 5 fucking games. EA can't be happy that nothing Bioware has put out has reached ES/FO/W3 numbers.
Well EA kills any studio they bay the moment they buy it,they are just grandmaster level necromancers.Bioware is the rotting carcase of once great rpg studio,that runs on the black magic provided by their evil overlord EA.Still i do hope anthem fails like andromeda,at least that way it could provide a week of fun.After all i had more fun watching and reading about how shit andromeda is,than playing most modern rpgs.

Max Deltree

Novice
They can't confirm Dragon Age 4 because of EA bureaucracy, basically. "A game only exists when it's announced", but they've been hinting pretty hard that this is pretty much the next main entry of the series. It just hasn't been announced yet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They can't confirm Dragon Age 4 because of EA bureaucracy, basically. "A game only exists when it's announced", but they've been hinting pretty hard that this is pretty much the next main entry of the series. It just hasn't been announced yet.
If we are lucky a giant meteorite could wipe out EA's HQ before the game is finished.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Inquisition was creepy as fuck. You knew that new NPC you just met is fashioned to be appealing for someone to fuck, and entirely too many of them were so blatantly attempting to service multiple differing tastes. Trannies, butches, queers and pan species fucking, complete with Village People leatherman and Minotaur with striated meat sabre.

The game fell away and I was left to look on it for what it was; a fuck simulator with shitty game play as a tertiary consideration after special interest pandering and dating/sex sim.

Completely irredeemable garbage.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The game fell away and I was left to look on it for what it was; a fuck simulator with shitty game play as a tertiary consideration after special interest pandering and dating/sex sim.

From what I've heard, this is taking it a bit far. Gameplay was still a primary focus.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol now i just remembered inquisition and came to the conclusion that DA 4 will have a redeeming side.You will be able to slaughter a lot of muslims.....i mean qunari.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

From what I've heard, this is taking it a bit far. Gameplay was still a primary focus.

Filler between checkpoints to advance your relationships. Having played the first, then Inquisition, it was shockingly obvious that this dwarf I just met, hairy chest replete with gold chains and widely open blouses had a tough exterior but would slip it in gentle if that if I want it that way.

Every NPC was a sex doll that checks specific boxes in the repetoire. Go look at screens FFS.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The gameplay shitty at best,it feels like a halfassed mmo.I was pushing trough it because of the characters and the story,at the end i realised that the story missions are like 3 hours all together and the other 40 hours of gameplay is mmo fetch quests.

J1M

Arcane
I dunno guys, Inquisition was an okay bowling simulator if you played an archer rogue.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

The gameplay sucked (and didn't change much from the beginning), so I'm assuming what kept people playing was either the story (???) or the relationships (?!?!?).

Quillon

Arcane
I was expecting a siege on the castle(skyhold was it?) till the end, that kept me going since I enjoyed the mini siege in the prologue.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The gameplay sucked (and didn't change much from the beginning)

Some people love what you love to hate.

I don't love to hate it. I don't care about it one way or the other, except in the context of the thread. But as I've mentioned before, my wife loves the Dragon Age franchise, and even she says the MMO grind and poor combat are the worst aspects of DA:I. Which is not to suggest she is some sort of expert opinion or anything, (DA2 is her favorite, which just boggles the mind), but she's the only person I know who DID like the game and played it more than once.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nothing surprising about her liking DAII.

It wasted the least time (unlike the MMO bloat that was Dragon: Inquisition) and had the most focus on narrative, a feature of RPGs celebrated among casuals.

kris

Arcane
I was expecting a siege on the castle(skyhold was it?) till the end, that kept me going since I enjoyed the mini siege in the prologue.

You only need a couple of men blockading the place only entrance to the place and then starve them out. Blowing up the bridge of course would be even more effective. suddenly the inquisition cant go anywhere.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
somewhere on reddit:

I love the Dragon Age franchise. My husband bought a PS4 so we can play Inquisition and other awesome RPGs like Fallout 4 together. But he doesn't seem to enjoy RPGs very much though. I don't know why. I loved the story but he always call them immature. When I was playing he sometimes watch me with an annoying smug look on his face. It seems that the only game that he enjoys is Tetris, but who doesn't enjoy Tetris? Sometimes he browses a weird-looking forum which has a lot of stickman-devil characters in it... I think it was called RPG Codes?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
somewhere on reddit:

I love the Dragon Age franchise. My husband bought a PS4 so we can play Inquisition and other awesome RPGs like Fallout 4 together. But he doesn't seem to enjoy RPGs very much though. I don't know why. I loved the story but he always call them immature. When I was playing he sometimes watch me with an annoying smug look on his face. It seems that the only game that he enjoys is Tetris, but who doesn't enjoy Tetris? Sometimes he browses a weird-looking forum which has a lot of stickman-devil characters in it... I think it was called RPG Codes?
Now we need to go on a quest to find who is the husband.:D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom