Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Sizzle

Arcane
Going into damage control so early - always a good sign :D

Falksi

Arcane

In other words "We tried to rip of Skyrim to create a pile of shit. Now because we've no originality or ideas or our own and have to pander to the fanbase instead of innovate, we're gonna rip off The Witcher 3 badly to create a new pile of shite instead"

What a fucking fanny. Bioware fucking nailed a mint blend of old school & new school with Origins. All the stupid cunts have to do is take that foundation, freshen it up so it's not so cliche, tweak a few bits here & there, and they'll have something worth buying.

Instead I dread to see the abomination they're attemptong to create by inevitably coping The Witcher 3.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What a fucking fanny. Bioware fucking nailed a mint blend of old school & new school with Origins. All the stupid cunts have to do is take that foundation, freshen it up so it's not so cliche, tweak a few bits here & there, and they'll have something worth buying.

Yep, a BioWare with more vision and balls could have come up with something like a RTwP Divinity: Original Sin, years before Larian did. Instead they wasted all of their credibility on chasing fads. Sad!

Last edited:

Turbo normie

Scholar
This will be the train-wreck that will finally sink bioware... cant wait. :bounce:

They won't recover from Anthem, imo. They went full Destinytard while Destiny 2 didn't hook up the normies. Maybe they will sustain with the microtransactions but since the Battlefront 2 drama, I'm not so sure. :shittydog:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious if they are pushing Anthem back because it is bad time for it to popup. After all if it needs dev that much,they wouldn't have put the tumblrets on diversity age.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, the fact of the matter is, that it apparently was successful enough to warrant a sequel, while Mass Effect series has been shelved.

Difference is DAI was 7x GOTY, 3x Best Vidya Evar and 1x the Citizen Kane of Videogames on launch. Now the general consensus is it's shit but I remember back then it was the journo hype machine firing on all cylinders.

Whereas MEA was buried even by the dorrito press on day 1.

Rev

Arcane
In other words "We tried to rip of Skyrim to create a pile of shit. Now because we've no originality or ideas or our own and have to pander to the fanbase instead of innovate, we're gonna rip off The Witcher 3 badly to create a new pile of shite instead"
Except TW3 is loved mostly because of its characters and writing, and BioWare today is only capable of creating the likes of Sera, Iron Bull, "my face is tired" and other completely retarded NPCs or lines of dialogue. So yeah, just like DA:I failed to get the Skyrim fans, next DA will fail to get the Witcher fans as well.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, I hope they don't try to do open world crap if they can't populate it decently or make it mmo like or something, it was pretty terrible in DAI, it looked pretty good but pretty boring.

Also hope they improve the fucking combat, at least the control and camera, they made it even worse in DAI than DA2.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well maybe now that Gaider and Laidlaw are gone and EA got burned with the overt SJW stuff in MAE, maybe they'll "go back to the roots". I mean DA1 was decent.

I know, optimism in the face of Bioware, lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Soooo we will have a furry sex scenes now and some nice zoophilia....hmmm fascinating. Can Biowaste stoop to lower lows?!

Cael

Arcane
After DA2 and DA3, the only thing I will look forward to in the new DA is me ignoring it completely when it comes out.

Cael

Arcane
Except TW3 is loved mostly because of its characters and writing, and BioWare today is only capable of creating the likes of Sera, Iron Bull, "my face is tired" and other completely retarded NPCs or lines of dialogue. So yeah, just like DA:I failed to get the Skyrim fans, next DA will fail to get the Witcher fans as well.
This is still a step and a half above Cuckdog's "I am a tranny!" opening gambit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In other words "We tried to rip of Skyrim

No. They DID have a New Open World Game™ in development, though at this point with BioWare completely dead, it's unknown what state that project is in (if it is even being worked on at all)...

Falksi

Arcane
In other words "We tried to rip of Skyrim

No. They DID have a New Open World Game™ in development, though at this point with BioWare completely dead, it's unknown what state that project is in (if it is even being worked on at all)...

I was referring to DA:I. A blatent attempt to try & force Open World elements into a game which niether needed them or benefitted from them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom