Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Reinhardt

Arcane
MEA was best game of 2017 to read about. I hope Bioware can do it once more.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Now that Denuvo was bought by Irdeto, let's say that a lot of people won't play Bioware games for a long, long time and that's good, that way you won't get your soul crushed every time you open that bloated corpse full of butt sex propaganda and other otherworldly shenanigans.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Game will be great because it is blessed by the Great Ones
DUcS8LrVoAADFSM.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well maybe now that Gaider and Laidlaw are gone and EA got burned with the overt SJW stuff in MAE, maybe they'll "go back to the roots". I mean DA1 was decent.

I know, optimism in the face of Bioware, lol.
They were both coal mine canaries and this reboot business proves it. It's a cause for concern when the two of them are no longer interested in making what the higher-ups are telling them to make.

Red Rogue

Learned
Dragon Age Origins was slow, boring and sluggish. A party of four was also a terrible idea. I even enjoyed the second one more, because at least the combat went full retardo and you could just instagib enemies quickly and get it over with.

You can fuck right off with all that noise. It was an attempt to make an RPG that console players would enjoy while still retaining the identity of a proper party proper based RPG, and I admire that. Something we'll never see from Bioware again.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
This will be the train-wreck that will finally sink bioware... cant wait. :bounce:

Maybe they could buy the concepts for Stones of Arnhem, I'd imagine the monsters and creatures in it would actually pander to their audience.

:dgaider:

circ

Arcane
so, why hasn't anyone told EA exec branch they are pouring millions into the fantasies of tumblrites who aren't even going to buy the game?

I'd like to see that scenario in person, when one of them realizes exactly what their studios are doing.

THEY WHAT?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wish Anthem is a success that this new Dragon Age will come to be made.

Then people will realize that piss-poor writing and shit open world design will get your game nowhere. And hopefully the hacks that write for Bioware will not get to write for another video game ever again. I don't mid a bit of political commentary here and there, but Jesus look at ME:A, if you want to write a whole game which is pretty much just some political-socio commentary by ripping the narrative of the first game in the series just do it in your blog, tumblr, or Facebook.

McPlusle

Savant
Be honest with me: was Origins actually good? I (please be merciful) actually enjoyed Mass Effect 1 and 2 upon their release (I'm kinda scared to revisit them), but passed on DAO to have my opinions on Bioware obliterated by the back-to-back jokes that were Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Be honest with me: was Origins actually good? I (please be merciful) actually enjoyed Mass Effect 1 and 2 upon their release (I'm kinda scared to revisit them), but passed on DAO to have my opinions on Bioware obliterated by the back-to-back jokes that were Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3.

You can always try yourself, you'll find it for like 5 bucks at the key stores. I enjoyed it.

Cael

Arcane
I had good memories of DA:O. The game itself is actually pretty good except for what you were required to do (basically a variant of "go to X, solve all the problems in the area, gain a McGuffn", repeat 3 times). The low level cap was a bit of a let down, but everything else was pretty good and intuitive. Something that is unique to it at the time was the way you can create scripts for your companions so that you don't have to micro them.

DA2 was a massive step DOWN from DA:O. I don't know about Mass Effect as by the time I learnt of them, I had given up on Bioware.

RepHope

Savant
Origins is the last game I’d say actually lived up to Bioware’s “Your choices matter” marketing spiel, although I could see an arguement being made for ME2 with the Suicide Mission.

Rev

Arcane
DA:O is probably the last good BioWare rpg, it's also probably the one with the higher reactivity they've ever done (then again, BioWare games never featured much reactivity, not even BG2 which is without a doubt the best game they've made).
It has too many trash mob in some sections (the Deep Roads above all), the monster/enemy variety is very limited and design encounter is meh as well, allowing you to use the same tactics in pretty much every fight and win easily, but aside from that I think it's a pretty good game.
Don't even touch the sequels, tho, they're both terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom