Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Reinhardt

Arcane
No I mean, mages are really overpowered.
But their hats are ugly as fuck. Game is already looks not that good, why should i uglify it even more and bring mages?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
No I mean, mages are really overpowered.
But their hats are ugly as fuck. Game is already looks not that good, why should i uglify it even more and bring mages?
The only way I got through DAO was by modding it. And one of the most important mods is the one that turns all the fucking awful mage hats invisible. And jesus fuck these DAO apologists popping out of the woodwork.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
DAI streams was a pain. Isaw some and most of the time streamers got bored with tedium, ususally mumbling "Fuuuck, not this agaaaaain" or something like that. Beating some level scaling mobs is something everyone got fed with during MMO streams

Cael

Arcane
The only way I got through DAO was by modding it. And one of the most important mods is the one that turns all the fucking awful mage hats invisible. And jesus fuck these DAO apologists popping out of the woodwork.
None of my mages wear the hats... :D

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
i literally only got through the game because there's a type of fighter prestiege class that lets you hurt yourself to do crazy damage, so I dunno how anyone who didnt pick that did okay. I heard the artificer was hilariously broken..or something. One of the archer subclasses, I saw a video of them killing a dragon in six seconds
Are you talking about Inquisition? You made it through Inquisition?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I couldn't possibly comment. The inanity was too much for me after the first defense of the stronghold. But I had already completed the first big area on 100% at that time, about 60 hrs in.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yeh

Final tally:

Main game is shit, nothing but missed opportunities. You see a lot of good ideas but most of them are wasted.
DLC is pretty good, actually made me care about what was happening in it which is impressive
the DLC where you go underground was far better than pretty much anything in the main game
main game is like a shitty singleplayer MMO full of empty areas and bad quests

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Laidlaw's favorite RPG of the past ten years is Skyrim. :lol:

HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE.

1427995704118.jpg

imweasel

Laidlaw's favorite RPG of the past ten years is Skyrim. :lol:
Yep, he actually said it @41:40

icon_rolleyes.gif

Either the guy is a complete moron or he thinks he could somehow benefit from stroking Todd's cock. Skyrim is very mediocre game and an absolutely terrible RPG.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He is trying to hype skyrim fans for Dragon age game. But he doesn't know why people like skyrim....it will end up with another openworld inquisition type of game. That is if biowaste still exists after Anthem. Would be fun to see this faecal tower go down :lol:.

imweasel

Laidlaw doesn't work at Bioware anymore. He said he quit on good terms, but we all know that he got fired by EA.

Inziladun

Magister
It's really a shame, I liked Dragon Age Origins a lot back in the day. Sure it was an RPG lite but the setting was new and interesting enough. Imagine if the Dragon Age games got progressively better instead of worse as the series went on. That being said this series has been dead to me since DA2. God that game was a mess, I think I managed like 10 minutes before I put it down in disgust.

Got to play DA:I for free only recently, never bothered when it came out. It was certainly better than DA2, but it was such a time sink walking everywhere all the time. Still managed to make it through the game though but god I couldn't imagine going through the torture again. Whereas I could get through DAO a few times.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's really a shame, I liked Dragon Age Origins a lot back in the day. Sure it was an RPG lite but the setting was new and interesting enough. Imagine if the Dragon Age games got progressively better instead of worse as the series went on. That being said this series has been dead to me since DA2. God that game was a mess, I think I managed like 10 minutes before I put it down in disgust.

Got to play DA:I for free only recently, never bothered when it came out. It was certainly better than DA2, but it was such a time sink walking everywhere all the time. Still managed to make it through the game though but god I couldn't imagine going through the torture again. Whereas I could get through DAO a few times.
play the descent DLC if you haven't, it's actually pretty good.

Codex Year of the Donut
It is strange how we have a big franchise with only one good game. Even the ME managed to get 50/50 ratio in games.
They did an about face on nearly everything that made DA:O good e.g, the tactics systems was a breath of fresh air and made RTwP enjoyable. It was heavily gutted in DA2.

imweasel

Rumors say that a substantial part of the Dragon Age team wanted to make Dragon Age: Origins 2 instead of Dragon Age: Inquisition, because EA gave them the creative freedom to make what they want after Dragon Age 2. They were overruled by other Bioware developers and the management.

No idea where I read that though.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Rumors say that a substantial part of the Dragon Age team wanted to make Dragon Age: Origins 2 instead of Dragon Age: Inquisition, because EA gave them the creative freedom to make what they want after Dragon Age 2. They were overruled by other Bioware developers and the management.

No idea where I read that though.
No surprise there,they had to prove themself to the EA overlord after the ME3 shitshow. And being stupid cunts they decided to go in the lazy mmo way because that was trending. That is what happens when you take out the visionaries from....any firm honestly. Without the doctors bioware is dead,people in charge are without imagination and do everything by the numbers. There were some capable people in the dev team then,but by now they have fled the sinking ship. They could have made really good game beck then but worms at the top are far too narrow minded and afraid for their position to accept other people's ideas. Most likely the had shot down everything that could make them loose face......aka everything good.

It is strange how we have a big franchise with only one good game. Even the ME managed to get 50/50 ratio in games.
They did an about face on nearly everything that made DA:O good e.g, the tactics systems was a breath of fresh air and made RTwP enjoyable. It was heavily gutted in DA2.
I know mate,have finished all the Biowaste games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom