Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
:whatho:

With competents writers Tevinter could have been some cool mage empire with massive slave sacrifices to fuel blood magic. Think Elric: The Ruby Throne.

But with those assholes at Bioware we're gonna get SWJism and a cringy singing scene.

RepHope

Savant
Friendly reminder that they've got a transsexual magister Maervis or whatever the fuck it's name is, that's probably going to be a companion.

Honestly while a game set in the Imperium sounds kind of interesting, and the Qunari would make for excellent antagonists with Solas in the background, I have no faith in Bioware to deliver. The quest design from DAI needs a huge fucking overhaul at the very least. Then there's shit like how they completely fucked up Val Royeaux, are they going to let us explore one fucking marketplace in Minrathos? If that Shit isn't at least as big as Novigrad I won't even pirate it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the writing was the least of their problems especially in the last DA
Actually, shit writing was at least 50% responsible for DA3 being shit

Dude do you even remember the writing? I'm impressed. I only remember some random scenes from it but mainly endless grinding of worthless shit, meaninngless side-quests and terrible combat.
I'm not saying the writing was good but it didn't really matter. The game was so bad anyway that I really didn't care about it

Reinhardt

Arcane
Tactics game must have hot waifus and Bioware definition of "hot waifu" is too shitty.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A cross platform dark fantasy tactics game with high production values would do "well" if they kept their expectations modest.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They need to go back to the silent protagonist. Reason why I've never played the Witcher games.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't Failbetter do the Last Court? Almost nobody bothered with that game and those that did seemed to have forgotten it existed after a month. I'm surprised EA bothered to take anyone from that team... or maybe they got him for really cheap.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A cross platform dark fantasy tactics game with high production values would do "well" if they kept their expectations modest.

cross platform = iOS, android, windows phone

iOS and Android would be good directions for Bioware since they have sufficiently pissed off both the PC and console crowds.

It seems like they've always wanted to make visual novel/action RPG hybrids anyway.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Dude do you even remember the writing? I'm impressed. I only remember some random scenes from it but mainly endless grinding of worthless shit, meaninngless side-quests and terrible combat.
The dialogue system is an alleged core competency of Biowhore games, so its terribleness is burned into my brain forever. :negative:

SteelAttack

Novice
I am cautiously interested in knowing more even if I still haven't gotten to inquisition yet. I did like Origins and 2 a fair bit, though.

Deleted member 7219

Surprised they didn't give it to EA Montreal to fuck up like they did with Mass Effect.

Red Rogue

Learned
I am cautiously interested
After Clowndromeda, I don't think there's any hope.

:dead:

You should never put these two words in the same sentence.

I mean Battlefield 1 ended up okay. It's hard to fuck up a shooter.

But Inquisition was probably the worst 40$ I've ever spent, and Clusterfuck Andromeda is the best 60$ I've ever saved. I'm getting really tired of constantly seeing this terrible games sell so god damn well because the mass market is too dumb to be cautious of marketing.

The irony is that, often, mass market consumers don't even end up LIKING these shitty games. Even Bethesda zealots are disenfranchised with Fallout 4, Andromeda likely did poorly, as EA recently put the series "on ice". Though I suspect that was more because of the glitches than it being a bad game. Inquisition, while successful, did get criticized for the endless bargain bin filler.

But none of that actually matters because every time another blockbuster "rpg" gets announced it'll get hyped and still turn a massive profit, regardless of how many complaints it receives.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Inquisition was indeed terrible, but it sold well and got good reviews. They will try to learn lessons from Andromeda, but from their perspective they don't have any reason to not follow the template set out by Inquisition.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Inquisition was indeed terrible, but it sold well and got good reviews. They will try to learn lessons from Andromeda, but from their perspective they don't have any reason to not follow the template set out by Inquisition.

Did people actually enjoy Inquistion? The helmet hair bugs, the 15 hour story line and the shitty war table?
Just because it sold well - doesn't mean people forgot it was shit.

How many people raved about "Well Iniquistion was bad, but Mass effect is a whole other team!"

I saw that rationalization repeated ad nausea. I think people are wising up to Bioware's shit. Each game is getting worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom