Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Why don't they just give up? Why won't they stop beating this into the ground?

Please. I just want it to stop.

:negative:
Or, we can keep going and see what happens! Besides, I doubt it could be any worse than andromeda or Inquisition but i'm excited to find out if they can top their previous cancer.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Has anyone ever found out why Dragon Age: Origins had such good background lore but such absolutely terrible in-game writing and dialogue?

Josh Sawyer was asked this question, except it was about the Elder Scrolls, and he responded by saying that these things require two different skill sets.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
DA:O came out in 2009? So work on it and background lore must've started around what, 2006 or so? ASOIAF was virtually unknown beyond hardcore fantasy geeks until the HBO show which started in 2011. Stop trolling.

I got into ASOIAF around the time I was playing DA:O. Wanna know why? Cause I liked the grimdark setting of DA:O which was alien to me - so I looked up what their inspiration was and guess fucking what .. it was ASOIAF and so I ordered it. I am sure you could find something about this if you put some effort into research. In any case, I know for a fact that you are wrong and the newfriend is correct. And as he said, the inspiration is also pretty obvious.

DA:O got me back into fantasy, go figure.

Falksi

Arcane
Time to see DA: O's memory abused 3rd time in a row I guess. Seeing Bioware kill off potentially classic franchises such as DA & ME with woeful sequel after woeful sequel is bad enough, but after Andromeda it feels as if they're now raping those dead corpses too.
They've become the Jimmy Savile of devs. After their initial years doing amazing work for kids, hurt upon hurt has bern heaped upon those same loyal fans.

purpleblob

Savant
Why don't they just give up? Why won't they stop beating this into the ground?

Please. I just want it to stop.

:negative:

Don't they only have two established IPs (ME and DA)? I don't think they will give up on those so easily... besides, they have new/different dedicated fan base for their games.

Falksi

Arcane
Don't they only have two established IPs (ME and DA)? I don't think they will give up on those so easily... besides, they have new/different dedicated fan base for their games.

I think the casual fanbase showed what their "dedication" to Bioware is worth with Andromeda, through their joy at joining the bandwagon of hate which they all jumped on.
That's what happens when you decide to switch your target audience from dedicated more hardcore gamers, to dumb fucktards who treat everything as disposable, and who move on to the next shiny shiny when it's released.
Bioware essentially divorced a loving wife of 20 years for a cock hungry whore that takes a shot in the mouth for whoever drives the flashiest car that month.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I think the casual fanbase showed what their "dedication" to Bioware is worth with Andromeda, through their joy at joining the bandwagon of hate which they all jumped on.
That's what happens when you decide to switch your target audience from dedicated more hardcore gamers, to dumb fucktards who treat everything as disposable, and who move on to the next shiny shiny when it's released.
Bioware essentially divorced a loving wife of 20 years for a cock hungry whore that takes a shot in the mouth for whoever drives the flashiest car that month.
To be fair, isn't that what EA does with all the things they buy?

Alright, so maybe DA:O in some weird way was based on ASOIAF. I thought the guy was trolling because they are so different.

Andhaira

Arcane
What's the new IP gonna be about?

Also what are the original Bioware creators, the good doctors up to these days? Still making documentaries about Beer?

Rev

Arcane
Also what are the original Bioware creators, the good doctors up to these days? Still making documentaries about Beer?
From what I recall, Greg was still brewing beer while Ray was mostly bitching on Twitter about Trump. :M

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
I remember them citing Martin as a reference for their politics laden too grey for school setting. And then someone made a Marilyn Manson video.

Did people actually enjoy Inquistion?

Yes and a lot of people in this forum bought it even after I reviewed it as shit.

yeah well thats because you're a fucking racist and you cant appreciate transgender homo fantasy video gaymes.

I need a blue alien to rape me.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I remember them citing Martin as a reference for their politics laden too grey for school setting. And then someone made a Marilyn Manson video.

Did people actually enjoy Inquistion?

Yes and a lot of people in this forum bought it even after I reviewed it as shit.

yeah well thats because you're a fucking racist and you cant appreciate transgender homo fantasy video gaymes.

I need a blue alien to rape me.
Ask mattress girl to paint herself blue for you then, she'd probably do it :D

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I think Inquisition almost worked as sort of blobber-style game. If you concentrate on crafting and exploring and doing busywork than you've got something like Dungeon Siege. This Endless Sea guy gives a hope of brevity in their story. And BioWare stories do suffer from overexplaining everything and, so to say, making everything the same morally gray controversial mud that is not what it seems - so it all doesn't matter because it all is indecisive, vague, cowardly.

It will all be well if they take a hint from older Final Fantasy games making a story relatively straightforward affair and adding more open world stuff, bonus bosses, harder tactical challenges (Inquisition had very few of those and harder difficulties mostly made fights longer, not harder), reasons to craft all this stuff and so on. If they could still produce somewhat interesting characters that look and sound good and don't try to copy Joss Whedon style of making everyone a smartass, if they make main story line focused and limited, if they concentrate on side activities - it may be a fun game. Will be financially successful probably and not offensive to those who want some depth in their entertainment.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Bringing tolerance and LGBTQRZN rights to patriarcnal Tevinter Imperium.

The prosper upcoming progressive term is LGBTBINP (Lesbo-Gay-Trans-Bi-Beastiality-Incest-Necrophilia-Pedophilia) tyvm. :positive:
I thought it was most important/influential on the oppression pyramid last and least important first? That'd be Lesbo-Bi-Incest-Trans-Pedo. I don't know where beastiality and necrophilia would fit in exactly. Depends on what the pedo-tranny overlords prefer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom