Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mad Max game from Avalanche Studios

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Did you guys really expect them to do good for Mad Max? Of course they're gonna popamole and shit all over it.
Just because they're going to popamole the gameplay is no reason to throw the setting away. I wasn't expecting a :obviously: game, but was hoping for Mad Max.

It might still be fun, but no way in hell I'm supporting these fuckers with my monies. Non removal from inventory is more in the spirit of Mad Max anyway.

Borelli

Arcane
"We treated [the Mad Max game] as a completely new property, and that was really the only way for us to take on a licensed game."
He says that the studio wants to treat it like an original IP,
How can you treat it as an original IP if it is not an original IP? Errmh... what i mean is how can you treat it as an original IP IF IT IS NOT AN ORIGINAL IP?!?!?:x
and hopes that it can "transcend" backlash from fans of the movie franchise.
They ... hope .... to ... transcend?:retarded: "Hey good sir i am going to rape your daughter and i really hope i can transcend any possible backlash you may have against me".

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
A possible explanation for this bullshit is that the studio was already working on a post-apoc version of Just Cause when some marketing dude decided to slap the Mad Max name on the game. To avoid seeming like complete Jews they have to pretend that a Mad Max game was a plan all along and it's in no way a shallow cashgrab that was originally intended to be something else.

“The setting – where it is in the world – has really nothing to do with the Mad Max video game. It’s really a game to do with the relationships between different people in this world.”

Outraged
But tired
One more
got mired
Why bother?
Why the pain?
They did it before
They'll do it again

anus_pounder

Arcane
Did you guys really expect them to do good for Mad Max? Of course they're gonna popamole and shit all over it.

2oRrfHT.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
Can't wait to see Max using his post apocalyptic grappling hook to attach his post apocalyptic self in a post apocaliptyc helicopters/cars, killing post apocalyptic soldiers in post apocalyptic repetitive missions, shooting with post apocalyptic shitty weapons, then falling with his post apocalyptic parachute, trying to overthrow a post apocalyptic dictatorship in a post apocalyptic island in a terrible post apocalytic story, totally new ip and everything to do with Mad Max.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It really is a weird move to turn it into a generic post apocalypse thing they could have easily created themselves. I guess they're counting on the movie to educate the mainstream 15-25 year old male masses on the series and make them buy it on name alone.

Whatever... Just Cause 2 was well worth a $20 purchase for some fun mayhem and I will get this for the same reason.

Whiner

Augur
5$ that there will be zombies.
Good,secure and popular addition for post-apocalyptic setting for this new original IP ;)
Fallout 3 have ghouls and they need to top that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If there are zombies I'm going to track down the developers and kick them in the balls.

dunno lah

Arcane
Somebody call the ICA please? Or better yet, call some Lithuanian hitmen...can't fucking stand the shit people spew from their mouths anuses(anii?).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Really, what were you expecting ? A turn based RPG ? A free roaming Gothic styled in Post Apoc ? A MadMaxed GTA Red Dead redemption ?

It's not even part of an actual gaming franchise , it's a game for a fucking new hollywood movie that tries to revive a cult franchise, riding on the recent Post-Apoc hype. AT best you'll get an Uncharted clone, at worst you'll get... a really bad Uncharted clone.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Music is shit, the voice over is shit, max's new look is shit. Takedowns are kind of expected since it is a multi-platform release. I'm still looking forward to seeing if they deliver on their car damage and customization model.

deuxhero

Arcane
Mad Max wasn't Hollywood though.

Plus old licenses are dirt cheep for the most part, and have been used to make some good games in the past (The Warriors).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Having Mad Max Australian could count as using Mel Gibson's likeness, which I guess would double the game's budget in a heartbeat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom