Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New RPG Class: The Chaos Butterfly

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Clockwork Knight

Na, i had a lvl 10 spell that did 1d10 divine irresistible damage, after that if i snapped my fingers it would do 1d10 for each point of damage it originally did, after i snapped my fingers again it would do 1d10 for each point of damage that was done on the last batch of d10s batch of damage. the spell couldnt be dispeled or resisted in any way, and could find its target as long as i knew it existed, unless i willed it to end. This spell i designed when i got divine powers for a very short time, i had to hold while we drained the power of some divine being to give it to another divine being.

I also had a small rock i took from the river of time, i binded my soul to this rock in such a way that i had complete control over the flow of time a 15 feet around me. This not only meant i could stop the time around me, with more fine control i could even reverse time in some areas to keep shit from getting in, or to make shit go out faster. This didnt work everywhere of course, in some entities planes my control of time could be overruled by their control of reality for instance, in some places time just didnt exist (like the astral if i remember correctly). But i avoided those places.

Shortly after that my character retired and became a sort of protector of the multiverse, from his own plane, bringing in talent from all over the multiverse and having them fight off threats and shit. By that point he was simply above the concept of a "fight".

Night Goat reread the immunity, a spell that doesnt call for MR doesnt care for that immunity.
So, you could do it with a spell that an overly lenient DM let you create. I'm unimpressed.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, it was a campaign end and the spell was p. clever. Modeled after an ability some priest had. But yeah, thats how pnp does mate, skills and abilities that go outside of a character build, magical items that dont appear in any manual, etc. its about imagination, or at least it used to be.

Now its just wrong, banal shit boring. feels like playing a pc game, on the table. Like if your character doesnt fit into a build example its not really legitimate or something. But in true PnP fashion shit happens, you can and should go outside of your defined class abilities, this is the best weapon against optimized build shittyness.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
04.gif

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I DONT UNDERSTAND IT EITHER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom