Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Street Fighter has a Potato character

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Confirmed polish/irish brew, we may have one of the worst cases ever seen.

In other news, does anyone plan to play this on PC and is willing to spar some?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: And he is teamed up with a pink haired tranny.
Jeez. Very Codexian.

Eyeball

Arcane
I absolutely hate 95% of all SF characters introduced after Super SF2, about 70% of which consist of Ryo clones or little girls for weeabos to fap to.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Ok, which one of you fuckers works for Capcom?

Can you tell those assholes to release Dragon's Dogma for PC? kthx.

Gozma

Arcane
I absolutely hate 95% of all SF characters introduced after Super SF2, about 70% of which consist of Ryo clones or little girls for weeabos to fap to.

Kinda weird to bring this up in a Hugo thread, 'cause he is at least unique.

I like to hate post SSF2T characters because of divekicks myself

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Couldn't they have added Hugo and Poison as DLC characters for SSFIV:AE? Fuck now its another game that i gotta buy

anus_pounder

Arcane
:what:

Is that Andore?

ff3-andore.png

EDIT: Well shit, apparently it is.

Last edited:

Gozma

Arcane
^Yes. Starting in Street Fighter Alpha in like 1995 they brought Final Fight characters into Street Fighter. SF4 at this point has Guy, Cody, Hugo, Poison, probably more I'm forgetting are from Final Fight.

Everyone bitches about the Capcom big version re-releases but I'd rather have that instead of DLC characters. It's much, much easier for live play/tournaments for one thing because every setup has all the characters right out of the box. It also helps keep the big balancefucker patches infrequent and comprehensive instead of constant and piecemeal - shit constantly changing in fighting games where so much of it is about muscle memory is awful. With DLC I know I'd also end up chiseling and not buying characters I don't want to play myself and then not have them to do shit like mess with punishes for their stuff in training mode.

Eyeball

Arcane

Kinda weird to bring this up in a Hugo thread, 'cause he is at least unique.

I like to hate post SSF2T characters because of divekicks myself
Unique? He's André the Giant, and from what I can recall from last playing one of the Alpha games, he's a pretty sterotypical Slow Rassler type fighter.

Gozma

Arcane
I'm not talking about his fluff (like being Andre the Giant)

A lot of his design is basically "How big can you make an SF character that still functions?" Like it's apparently damn hard to even jump over his standing hitbox, for example. The Japs think he's terrible in USF4 atm tho.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Couldn't they have added Hugo and Poison as DLC characters for SSFIV:AE? Fuck now its another game that i gotta buy

Everyone bitches about the Capcom big version re-releases but I'd rather have that instead of DLC characters. It's much, much easier for live play/tournaments for one thing because every setup has all the characters right out of the box. It also helps keep the big balancefucker patches infrequent and comprehensive instead of constant and piecemeal - shit constantly changing in fighting games where so much of it is about muscle memory is awful. With DLC I know I'd also end up chiseling and not buying characters I don't want to play myself and then not have them to do shit like mess with punishes for their stuff in training mode.

Errr, Ultra can be purchased as a full game or just as a DLC to AE. Given that AE has been for 7$ for the last couple of weeks it puts the full game under $25.

Machocruz

Arcane
:lol: And he is teamed up with a pink haired tranny.
Jeez. Very Codexian.

What's even more :lol: is that Poison is only tranny for U.S. audience. It's like Japan knew that we have a bunch of closet cases over here. Where do you think our obsessions with greased muscular action heroes, asian/skinny white girls and "manning up" comes from?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is actually hilarious. I just read this on wiki

Originally conceived as a female thug in Final Fight and part of the game's antagonist group, Mad Gear, concerns during the game's development about reactions from North American audiences to fighting women, resulted in the character being re-imagined as a futanari.

Apparently, beating up women would be a no-go in North America. Beating up trannies ? Much more acceptable.

To be more specific:

The discrepancy regarding Poison has been addressed more than once in interviews with former and current Capcom employees. Final Fight developer and Arika founder Akira Nishitani stated he supposed the character could be male, but added it was up to the viewer to decide. Street Fighter IV's producer Yoshinori Ono, when asked in an interview about the matter, stated "Let's set the record straight: in North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female." He later emphasized it again when asked about what female characters could be included in the game Street Fighter IV, stating that it would be too confusing to include her due to the region-specific gender. Since then, however, he has changed his mind twice, first making her a definite post-op for better ease of localization and consistency with past official statements, and then later deciding that it's best to leave it up to the fans after all.

There is no such thing as Too Much Information for Mr. Ono.

NmOOk8.png

I'm not talking about his fluff (like being Andre the Giant)
A lot of his design is basically "How big can you make an SF character that still functions?" Like it's apparently damn hard to even jump over his standing hitbox, for example. The Japs think he's terrible in USF4 atm tho.
Yeah, but he's basically a bigger Zangief.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:lol: He was in SF x Tekken I recall. Poison's tag partner. Do not remember any awesome cutscenes like that though, but I don't even know if I played through as them before returning it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom