Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic's new free Unreal Tournament (development halted)

Astral Rag

Arcane
To me, Unreal and the entire franchise has been a Tim Burton, Batman charicature of itself. Where I'd like to go with the new franchise is more of a Chris Nolan, kind of Batman Begins... Just something a little more polished, a little more realism.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Not eyeburning (but still WIP so may change to UT3), so still curious how they handle with gameplay.
At least FOV slide? j/k

Ninjerk

Arcane
To me, Unreal and the entire franchise has been a Tim Burton, Batman charicature of itself. Where I'd like to go with the new franchise is more of a Chris Nolan, kind of Batman Begins... Just something a little more polished, a little more realism.
:M

So a little more JJ Abrams flare. No TY.

Perkel

Arcane

To me new ones and this looks like this :

robin_batman1966-2_thumb.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
More info found - game will start with Team DM, later they add CTF and Onslaught.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, looking at that Chris Perna guy, i can see now where their Gears of War look comes from. And the nerd next to him looks so scared.

No way those graphics are gonna make it into the retail version. How are they going to release this on consoles then?

Last edited:

DefJam101

Arcane
Multiplatform Unreal Tournament cannot possibly work without either designing the entire game around a mouse/keyboard interface (and requiring that, which would be financial suicide) or actually putting in the effort to make the PC version not fucking awful

But it's Epic, and it's 2014, so neither of these things will happen

Perkel

Arcane
if they decide that tele will have limits... no one will use it.

ut99 tele was fun but at same time it wasn't anyone primary weapon. It was sort of knife kill, showing someone your dick "eat it".

Can't wait to see them creating bland 99 clone.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Why remake 1:1 FW? It's a bland map with a good song associated with it.

Unwanted

Bricks

Unwanted
"stream links"
ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah no comment

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Idiots host a tournament for only them to see, complain when community don't understand their needs for next game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
His stupidity is strong enough to kick out cool bros like Excidium. That's why they deserve punishement.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why is everything so clean? Like something out of Star Trek. The classic UT was full of rust, tear and wear.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Why is everything so clean? Like something out of Star Trek. The classic UT was full of rust, tear and wear.
Pre-alpha. Don't expect rust textures in early development *sigh*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom