Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New VD interview for RPGNuke

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Instead of rolling for passive and crits separately (like in AoD), we'll go with a single roll and 4 outcomes:

• Miss
  • Graze (half damage)
  • Hit
  • Critical Hit (damage X modifier, which is 1.25 (default) + feat bonus)

Basically, something like this:

• 1-5 critical hit
  • 6-70 hit
  • 71-80 graze
  • 80-100 miss

By default CS range is 5 and Graze range is 10, but they can be modified by certain weapons and attacks. For example, a shotgun would have a much wider graze range than a pistol.

!! Looks like VD took something from PoE after all.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
!! Looks like VD took something from PoE after all.

The difference is that these mechanics will actually amount to something in gameplay terms, since they are using a proper turn-based system.

Vince said:
I wouldn’t call someone with one released RPG a veteran. I was asked to write a couple of characters for an unreleased indie RPG but I’m too busy with the CSG at the moment (I expect this moment to last a couple of years) and had to decline

mystery.png

Vince said:
I sit in front of my computer all day, basking in the healing glow of the monitor. It's an exciting and glamorous lifestyle, like being a rockstar only without the fame, drugs, or groupies. As for working with remote team members, it's very easy. I hate group meetings since my corporate days so we don't have any. Each person knows what he's supposed to do; when there's something to discuss, we discuss it. That's all there's to it.

:obviously:

Vince said:
Only through dialogues. Animating numerous cutscenes would require resources we don't have. Apparently, Bioware doesn't have them either.

They don't have the human resources. LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom