Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Saxon1974

Prophet
So all this wasteland 2 talk got me a hankerin to give new Vegas another go as I only played it a little bit.

Is this game approved by the codex as a better game the thoughts fallout 3?

What are the recommended mods to make this as old school rpg like as possible?

I installed sawyers mod plus Nevada skies and nmc's texture pack. I think I did something wrong though as glasses on tables look blurry and bushes look funny.

Is hardcore mode recommended with sawyers mod? I know his mod makes the game harder which I like but my gaming time is limited so I don't want suicidal.

MCA
To get the fully patched working treatment, you need upwards of 50 mods for bugfixes. But as a starting place, get Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition. It's a community patch of sorts, combining the best of the other community efforts from Ravenmodding.com and elsewhere (though read it throughly before installing it. It has some derp so you should be cautious). Best thing about it is that it has a compatibility patch for Sawyer's mod. At the moment, it's your best bet for an all-in-one mod without sinking a massive amount of time into mods and bugs.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
There's already a thread with "good" F:NV mods, somewhere in RPG discussion. Check that one.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
To get the fully patched working treatment, you need upwards of 50 mods for bugfixes. But as a starting place, get Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition. It's a community patch of sorts, combining the best of the other community efforts from Ravenmodding.com and elsewhere (though read it throughly before installing it. It has some derp so you should be cautious). Best thing about it is that it has a compatibility patch for Sawyer's mod. At the moment, it's your best bet for an all-in-one mod without sinking a massive amount of time into mods and bugs.
Unfortunatelly, it requires all the DLC, and I have none.

MCA
Well, I certainly won't promote PIRACY!!!!11 then. This is a respectful establishment. No, it makes absolute sense refrain from trying out stuff before you buy via PIRACY!!!!11.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
He issue is that I have the Steam version, don't really want to risk my account.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Adding a headshot mod, which made them as lethal as in regular FPS', definitely improved the experience for me making the combat more active and stopped men in leather armour be able to take five rockets full force with only two measly bars of health lost.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Interesting thanks.

Ill have to try that Mojave mod.

Has new Vegas been patched for large address aware so 64 bit systems can use more then 2 gig of memory or do you still need to use the 4gb mod?

I have a beefy rig so looking for any mods that make the game look more spiffy.

Did you guys play on hardcore mod with sawyers mod?

dextermorgan

Arcane
Sup op,

I'm experiencing the same itch. I want to be conservative with mods so this is what I've come up with so far:

For sure install:
Centered 3rd person camera - I love it in exploration
MTUI mod combined with Revelation - UI de-consolification mods, Revelation adds some rather nice elements

Undecided on the following:
Weapon Retexture Project - High-res textures for your weapons, but unfinished afaik
Underground Hideout - "house" mod, for one reason alone - I grew to HATE having to dig through mountains of items every time I visited my item dump house in Novac

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I don't want more shitty, unpolished turds from Obsidian, thanks. Why they just don fucking die already!

Long live Zenimax!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Pm sgt_meltdown for some more tips.

NEIN

f3n5N.jpg

rCwE6.jpg

Saxon1974

Prophet
Sup op,

I'm experiencing the same itch. I want to be conservative with mods so this is what I've come up with so far:

For sure install:
Centered 3rd person camera - I love it in exploration
MTUI mod combined with Revelation - UI de-consolification mods, Revelation adds some rather nice elements

Undecided on the following:
Weapon Retexture Project - High-res textures for your weapons, but unfinished afaik
Underground Hideout - "house" mod, for one reason alone - I grew to HATE having to dig through mountains of items every time I visited my item dump house in Novac

Thanks for the Centered Camera and the MTUI mod, both very awesome.

this is my current mod list and I am enjoying the game very much:

Nevada Skies - Love this one for rad storms and other weather affects and makes the world more realistic
Mission Mohave - apparently a big bug fix mod
Vurt's WFO flaura overhaul
jsawyer mod
NMC's Texture mod
Centered 3rd person cam
MTUI

I think thats it, pretty good game with just those.

potatojohn

Arcane
NMC's texture pack
Nevada skies
Arwen's realism tweaks
Willow
Weapon retexture project

I forget what else. I had over 30 mods installed.

oJY5Il.jpg

But goddamn, the amount of work required to make this game look decent... and even... Kind of like teaching etiquette to a retard. He does all the right things, but it just doesn't feel right.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Yo werd up, Kosmonaut, ah've gots what you need, in case you interested. Just give me uh page an' ah will send da pimp-tight sheeit yo' way just like mammy.

One thing. Is the Courier's Stash just the preoder packs in separate files or is it packed into a single file(s)? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

EDIT: Okay, jswayer.esp has listed all them separately in the required masters files.

Dustin542

Liturgist

Yo werd up, Kosmonaut, ah've gots what you need, in case you interested. Just give me uh page an' ah will send da pimp-tight sheeit yo' way just like mammy.

One thing. Is the Courier's Stash just the preoder packs in separate files or is it packed into a single file(s)? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
They are just the 4 separate files.

:necro:

played this many a time but i havent done a run through with the sawyer mod so thats what im doing now...

question/observation:

just headed into nipton and to my surprise there are no nipton residents on the crosses; they are empty, bereft of bodies

in all my other playthroughs all the crosses have been peopled with people

perturbed was i

any reason for this glaring oversight?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I think that there's a trigger that you, somehow, triggered. Bodies have halted decomposing, so when you enter Nipton, they're "fresh". Were you near Nipton? Talked to the guy about the lottery and went somewhere else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom