Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

News at 11, Grimoire is dead

CrimHead

Scholar
Cleve actually sounds semi-sane in that quote.

Did making Grimoire break him?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
CrimHead said:
Cleve actually sounds semi-sane in that quote.

Did making Grimoire break him?
He was always broken, I'm sure his usenet posts from 1997 have already been posted before but they're all "blahblah broke all military records blahblah Sir-Tech forced me to work on a Wizardry sequel all by myself while my two insane crossdressing bosses spent all day fagging it up blahblah I am really angry at the direction Brenda Brathwaite and Linda Currie are taking Wizardry"

Oh and here's another from 1999
This game has come so far since the first beta test - it has made the leap now from darn good shareware to first rate commercial product. I still believe in my game and I think it is going to strip the pants off of Baldur's Gate, M&M 7, Wizardry 8 and Lands of Lore III. Before you dismiss that as delusional, remember - this game will come out in shareware for at least six months before it is available in retail so you'll get a chance to play the unregistered portion as much as you want in order to make up your own mind. I think you will be surprised when you find yourself agreeing that Grimoire is the best computer roleplaying game of 1999 and perhaps of all time.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Freelance Henchman said:
I think you will be surprised when you find yourself agreeing that Grimoire is the best computer roleplaying game of 1999.

That would make an awesome advertisement line if it came out today.

Cleve oh Cleve. To paraphrase other quote: "Cleve, Cleve never changes."

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I think you will be surprised when you find yourself agreeing that Grimoire is the best computer roleplaying game of 1999 and perhaps of all time.
Perhaps ? Cleve was modesty incarnate ten years ago.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Thread delivers :lol:

With all those beta, gamma and delta testing, I think it's safe to assume that we won't see the game until 2020.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cenobyte said:
Thread delivers :lol:

With all those beta, gamma and delta testing, I think it's safe to assume that we won't see the game until 2020.

Heh, you're optimistic, bro.

Mortmal

Arcane
And then omega 1 omega 2 , omega 3 (like in butter)...Its awesome how cleve become a shy little boy when it come to speak about grimoire.
Post anything neanderthal related and he will reply within the hour, but about this game, hardly any info or discussion.
No explanation about mixing those two VERY different weapons in a skill set.He probably sent the beta version to a select few of cocksucking australian friends who wont give him any constructive feedback. I bet there's much more incoherent stuff in it .
I would be tempted to say cavemen use both scimitar and axe as blunt weapon, but certainly he has a more sophisticated answer about this.

MisterStone

Arcane
The company moto for Cleve's Golden Era Games is "As Good as You Remember, Except Better!"

I suggest he change it to "Making the best RPG of 1999 since 1997!"

Because you're playing around with Cleve's weak point and he at least is conscious enough to know that engaging the criticism of his baby will not only fuel it further but make him feel even more inadequate about the sorry state that it is in.

I have known many people of Cleve's variety, just none anywhere near as neurotic.

Mortmal

Arcane
There's a reason comments are not allowed on his site, part of him is fully aware of the blatant flaws of his game.
He will never release it he's too ashamed of the hydrocephal , blind and mute, baby hes trying to save. If ITZ coming, and he release , l i will review it, ill ask a professional translater.Trust me you will remember that review, ill put all my soul and heart into it :) .

MisterStone

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Thread should be locked and dispatched straight to Retardoland.

How's the best RPG of 1999 coming along Cleve? Cleve??

MisterStone

Arcane
More http://grimoiresystems.com.au/goldenera/ updates, the latest one from Jan. 28 reads:

Home Stretch of Complete Walkthrough – 78%

I made a spot fix to the spell casting engine and it fixed a bug that kept cropping up in cloud effects, chest traps and grab attacks all at once. It was two lines of code I added innocently about a year ago to keep the PC’s combat orders updated according to the outcome of a magic spell.

Found some more places that needed work, a bit barren, also found a few logical glitches that could prevent the player from completing an area if not repaired.

Otherwise, looking solid. Playable but not finished yet. I am already realistically accepting I will need at least two months to address everything I have discovered during the walkthrough, particularly in filling areas out using my notes. Some of the things can be patched very quickly, other areas will take several hours to complete. Things like empty barrels and crates can be fixed in a single day’s work with the right data.

So it's only taken Cleve about two month and a half to play through 78% of his own game. :)

I was looking for more notes related to Grimoire and found a folder filled with maybe 800 pages of ideas I wanted to put into the game … things like a magic chest that fills a room with water when it is opened. Bits and pieces like that.

Uh, looks like the best CRPG of 1999 might see some more delays...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom