Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty goes back to WW2

hajro

Arbiter
So it looks like cod2 but with better graphics? :dealwithit:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Who would thought that Call of doooty is going for realistic depiction of ww2 while bf1 went for rainbow cannons

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Aaand they already talk about having a Strong Female Character™ and being racially diverse. If I had any interest in this garbage it would've disappeared right about now.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So. Besides the original name, let see what else this game got going.

They clearly didn't want to set it in WW1 because of BF1.
It still uses the same engine since 2007, and Crysis still has better graphics (also I am betting the optimization is going to be shit for the PC version).
Can only play as a Kwan in the muh cinematic campgain with card board box level design.
It will most likely have 15 DLC's, each costing 30 jewros/dollas.
And of course same rehashed gameplay from last 10 years.
Nothing as changed or improved, still shit.

Welp. I am just going to sit back and have fun with BF1 and R6 Siege, and laugh at shit show this games is gonna be. Good times ahead.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
15 years before

jm0urie86duy.jpg

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Might be cool if they showed us a different side of the conflict for once, like the invasion of Poland or France. It would be cool to play a long German campaign that begins with the invasion of Poland and ends with the fall of Berlin.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Holy shit, they said the new game won't have regenerating health, JUST LIEK THE FIRST GAME!!!
Truly revolutionary...

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
CoD2 was the first CoD I've played back in the day. What a great game, you could've cut its atmosphere with a knife. I'll probably check this new one out at some point in the future, for nostalgia's sake.

Where's the fucking cuck emote

on topic: can't wait for the endlessly respawning bunkers on Omaha landing n.49384321

The self-cannibalizing nature of this industry is really funny. I would expect most videogame players these days were still in their diapers when the FPS WW2 fad was going on, so what's old is new again eh? Except more inclusive (tm) and much easier. With loot boxes. And piecemeal DLC that gouges the consumer base by hacking whatever semblance of a complete game was there for maximum profit.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am so overjoyed at RPS's butthurt article, that I read it twice. :lol: Selected quotes:

And worse than simply being inconsistent of vision, they often exude a pungent aura of jingoism, duty, machismo and heroism that would not be out of place in any boy’s war comic of the 1950s.

Nowhere do videogames more clumsily reveal their immaturity, comparative to other mediums, than in tackling wars via big budget multiplayer-focused shooters, in which the closest the player comes to achieving a deeper understanding of conflict is in pressing ‘F’ to pay your respects.

On top of that, nowhere do games spout more US-centric ideas about the necessity of conflict either, exploring loose themes about foreign invaders, surprise attacks, terrorism (and “narcoterrorism”) in such a narrow and limited way that, in any other era, it could easily be labelled propaganda.
My god, someone dares to make US propaganda?! :D Imagine the gall! And immediately after that:

Some readers might grimace at those complaints, seeing only a vague anti-Americanism in my argument.

I can’t take what they say at face value when I watch the CoD: WWII trailer only to be greeted with the same old chiseled faces of US servicemen out to prove another point about how heroic they are in the most discordant manner possible.
This guy definitely hates white people.

The rest of it is here, but these are all the relevant parts.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I don't understand. This new CoD is going to depict the holocaust because “We didn’t want to shy away from history. We wanted to be very respectful of it" according to Activision (https://archive.is/4sgpA) but they'll make playable women soldiers because fuck history

waterdeep

Learned
I don't understand. This new CoD is going to depict the holocaust because “We didn’t want to shy away from history. We wanted to be very respectful of it" according to Activision (https://archive.is/4sgpA) but they'll make playable women soldiers because fuck history
Women served in French Resistance Army and the Red Army, which most likely will be included factions in the multiplayer

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not that it matter much anyway when everyone will be running around with zebra striped pink mp40s.

ultimanecat

Arcane
- Complain about CoD being jingoistic and US-centric.
- Complain about Japanese or European games not meeting US left-wing concepts of diversity...

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom