Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty goes back to WW2

Don Peste

Arcane
https://archive.is/9PxIs
As I rounded the corner of a trenchline on Pointe du Hoc I came face to face with a German soldier. My rifle was held high and, running full bore, I drove its bayonet into their chest delivering a mortal wound.
This is not an unusual sight for a Call of Duty game. It’s been commonplace since the series’ inception in 2003. But right there, in my first demo of the upcoming Call of Duty: World War II, I noticed a big difference.
I’d just killed a woman. A black woman. A black woman in a German uniform.

pVDEOQz.jpg
Attack-of-the-Killer-Tomatoes-4.png

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
https://archive.is/9PxIs
As I rounded the corner of a trenchline on Pointe du Hoc I came face to face with a German soldier. My rifle was held high and, running full bore, I drove its bayonet into their chest delivering a mortal wound.
This is not an unusual sight for a Call of Duty game. It’s been commonplace since the series’ inception in 2003. But right there, in my first demo of the upcoming Call of Duty: World War II, I noticed a big difference.
I’d just killed a woman. A black woman. A black woman in a German uniform.

pVDEOQz.jpg
Attack-of-the-Killer-Tomatoes-4.png
Nazi%20Racial%20Diversity%203.jpg

The fiction of Witey is peeling away, we must not let the negro know their destiny!

mbv123

Arbiter
It doesn't take much effort to put people in uniform to throw at the russian hordes when you're suffering yourself serious manpower shortages.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
That explains Aryan propaganda. It wasn't easy convincing all those whites to enlist.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
CoD 2 was already past the point of no return. It's one of the worst, most insultingly stupid games I've played, and all the subsequent releases in the series look exactly the same but with different weapon skins. With this game they can even keep the skins intact.

Blasphemy

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah most frag movies from the 00s either have nu-metal, metalcore or some form of edgy rock. Not the best music for sure but it works alright when you sync up the shots to the beat every now and again.

hajro

Arbiter
Old ass tribes montage with some indie rock that sounds like choir singing is DEEP

Hellion

Arcane
The game also features lootboxes (which mostly contain cosmetic items, as well as the occasional XP Boost), and players can work towards acquiring lootboxes just by standing NEXT TO OTHER PLAYERS AS THEY OPEN THEIR LOOTBOXES in the game's social hub.

http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-ww2-loot-boxes/

How do you earn Supply Drops?
You can earn supply drops without spending money by...

...receiving them as a random reward at the end of a match.

...completing Contracts, timed challenges (get X kills, get X headshots, etc.) you purchase with Armory Credits (which you can earn for free on a timer or through completing certain challenges).

...completing daily and weekly orders, challenges without a time limit that you can turn in at any time, even after the daily/weekly selection refreshes. They don't require Armory Credits to purchase, but you can only hold three at once.

...watching other players open supply drops. Curiously, you'll also be able to earn supply drops and other rewards through a new social score. By interacting with players in the HQ mode, you can inspect them and give or receive a one-time commendation, which increases your social score. But again, here's the icky bit: you can also increase your social score by watching others open their supply drops. This has its own reward system, though I haven't been in a live environment long enough to test it.

Will probably receive a review code for this tomorrow so expect the ocassional banality report.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yep, I already heard about the loot boxes. It's going to be great fun watching the drama around them. Quoting the same youtube channel twice on the same day:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Wow this is the REAL history. After the brave Communist warriors of Marx killed those white pigs they hung a LGBT flag in celebration, showing peace, love & equality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom