Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They need the androids to carry on with life. The nukes would be useless since
all the humans are dead so who are you going to nuke?
Did you play/watch what happens in the demo?

Yes, and?
"Yes, and?" what? It clearly showed they should've just bombed the factory with those cubes instead of sending in 2 android kids, because only one of those things achieved the desired result.

They had no idea what they were getting into. By your logic we should nuke every place whenever there's a slight sign of trouble brewing up. Besides, we don't know just how valuable those black boxes are for the androids, so wasting them all willy-nilly may not be the best course of action. The android body seems to be more expendable than the box itself.

lightbane

Arcane
I watched a playthrough of the demo. Seems quite cool. Have this in the meantime while we wait.

tormund

Arcane
Glorious anal...

b71f2719392bf5531415d4215b82bae9.jpg

Sharp, discernible polygons. :decline:

Our robotic waifus deserve better in this day and age.

Ivan

Arcane
In other news: Scalebound has been canceled, oh, you don't know what that is? Yeah, I thought it was p. shit looking too. Now maybe Kamiya can get to work on a brawler...

E3 2016 Demo:

"After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, and other great experiences."
giphy.gif

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tbh i dont really care about scalebound, but i hope this dont wreck platinum. Alotcof company resources were put into that, and now they are idle.

If nier dont sell well i worry about the future of this amazing company.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tbh i dont really care about scalebound, but i hope this dont wreck platinum. Alotcof company resources were put into that, and now they are idle.

If nier dont sell well i worry about the future of this amazing company.

Game is going to fly off the shelves. It's a foregone conclusion.

Ivan

Arcane
i'll be doing my part:takemymoney:

I need muh next Platinum classic (I don't expect Nier to be it)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did Platinum waste a lot of money on Scalebound, or did Microsoft waste a lot of money funding Platinum's development of Scalebound? :smug:
i am bot saying i know how money are handled in games development, but this is similar to obsidian's tank MMO situation.

Sure microsoft paid for the development, but now that the funding stopped and tons of resource are idle. Either they have to find a new project ASAP, or divide the resources into other ongoing projects. If they can find and move to a new project fast, then there would be no problem.

Now if the idle workers are moved to other existing project, it would be problem for the budget and resources planning. You add to the cost that are already planned and approved.

Idle workers and resources are bad for the company. Judging by obdidian's tank mmo shit, their solution is layoff which is unpleasant for everyone.

I dunno i maybe am wrong.

If someone more knowledgeable would correct my assumption they are welcome to do.

Hyperion

Arcane
Maybe Capcom can get Kamiya and his team to work with Itsuno for Dragon's Dogma 2....
I'm getting hard just thinking about it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Did Platinum waste a lot of money on Scalebound, or did Microsoft waste a lot of money funding Platinum's development of Scalebound? :smug:

Microsoft wasted the money but they probably paid Platinum for milestones, which is quite usual. Once they got cut off, thats it, no more money. And with no game to sell there's no revenue coming in. Now they have a whole team worth of people with no project to work on and no money coming their way to keep the people hired. I'm guessing that all the assets Platinum worked on are going to Microsoft as well since they paid for the development. It's not good.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the demo and thought that combat flowed well. The camera wasn't perfect when there were "bullet hell" phases, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. Music was solid, and the general mood felt like Nier, I guess.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game's gone gold for a while now.

And a new music video:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/06/nier-automata-bunch-dolls-featured-amazarashis-new-music-video/ said:
“Inochi ni Fusawashii” (worthy of life) is amazarashi’s new single that was made in collaboration with Square Enix’s NieR: Automata. As previously reported, the alt-rock band’s lead singer Hiromu Akita is a huge NieR fan and jumped on the opportunity to make this happen.

200 dolls were used to create this music video that was originally drafted by Yoko Taro. Methods used for the dolls involved piercing, grinding, burning, crushing, cutting, and blowing up the dolls.

All dolls were created by doll creation group Pygmalion’s Ryo Yoshida, who made sure they had makeup and were made proper to fit the world setting of NieR: Automata for the video. We can even see a doll of NieR: Automata protagonist 2B towards the end.

NieR: Automata releases in Japan on February 23, North America on March 7, and Europe on March 10, 2017 for PlayStation 4. The PC version will be available sometime in 2017.

tet666

Augur
Yeah ofc still no PC release date because fuck you Pc gamers, thank you SE i will make sure to pirate or buy the game from G2A or some other keystore if Derpnuvo.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Nier is coming to PC. Persona is for Jap lovers. Bloodborne is excellent though. Also, Nioh may not be too bad

tet666

Augur
Buy a PS4.

Bloodborne, Nioh, Nier, and soon Persona 5.

PS4 the new master race.

Me? nah i'm good i just sold mine last year cause it was just collecting dust i don't have any use for a low spec pc with a custom os.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom