Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

illuknisaa

Cipher
ebSICtF.png

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Turns out you only play as the waifu doll for a small part of the game and the main character is the other fag robot who you team up with in the demo. :decline:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turns out you only play as the waifu doll for a small part of the game and the main character is the other fag robot who you team up with in the demo. :decline:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arthandas

Prophet
Stop posting shit.
The main protagonist is 2B (hottie A), 9S (gai boi) and A2 (hottie B) are just secondary (and also playable) characters.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Turns out you only play as the waifu doll for a small part of the game and the main character is the other fag robot who you team up with in the demo.

Stop posting shit.
The main protagonist is 2B (hottie A), 9S (gai boi) and A2 (hottie B) are just secondary (and also playable) characters.

Pity. It would have been kinda fun. You wanted your waifu simulator, men? You wasted months drawing art of your robotic female protagonist?

2015-06-16_1821351-620x349.jpg

FUCK YOU YOU PLAY AS THE FAGGOT

Trolling at its finest.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yeah, and Automata would be the last game of the series because it sold three copies...

Incredibly enough, I doubt that sales matter for this peculiar series. I mean, we got Drakengard 3. Automata will sell at first a ton more, mostly because Nier has the aura of an "artsy game" (not because it was artsy by itself, and then reviews at the time did not pick it up) and then it will stand for waifu factor and game quality. We'll see.

Nonetheless, to keep getting work,Taro must have powerful protectors. One case when it's a good thing, even.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Stop posting shit.

I hope this is true but it's still pretty lame that you have to play as the faggot.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I love this meme where a game that relies heavily on the story will be released 2 weeks later in Europe, after everything will be spoiled.

Black

Arcane
The main protag in the English version will be voiced by the she-Burch so get fucked weebs.

Malpercio

Arcane

Kek, if this was the case, there would have been a massive shitstorm already. #waifugate

lightbane

Arcane
Welp, it seems that people started uploading nearly everything from this game, including bosses and endings. Thankfully, as I lack a PS4 and I won't be able to play this in my computer anytime soon, I don't mind spoilers. Safe to say that if Drakengard 3 was self-aware of what people wanted in a Drakengard game, Automata does the same for Nier*.

Pity. It would have been kinda fun. You wanted your waifu simulator, men? You wasted months drawing art of your robotic female protagonist? FUCK YOU, YOU PLAY AS THE FAGGOT!

Let's say you might be pleasantly surprised. :M

As a demonstration of usual Cavia craziness, have a random boss. Needless to say, spoilers:

*Including screwing with the player' progress. Let's say that if you thought the trick of the original Nier was bad, this one is even more cruel. In addition, it doubles as an excellent meta anti-piracy protection.

MINOR SPOILERS ABOUT THE FINAL ENDING AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

In order to get the true ending, you require internet connection to win an otherwise impossible battle... But it will require an immense sacrifice.

Dayyālu

Arcane
lightbane , if you tempt me to click on SPOILERS for this one I'll swear I'll hunt you down. No offense intended bro.

I swear it. For once, I want to be surprised by a game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Welp, it seems that people started uploading nearly everything from this game, including bosses and endings. Thankfully, as I lack a PS4 and I won't be able to play this in my computer anytime soon, I don't mind spoilers. Safe to say that if Drakengard 3 was self-aware of what people wanted in a Drakengard game, Automata does the same for Nier*.

Pity. It would have been kinda fun. You wanted your waifu simulator, men? You wasted months drawing art of your robotic female protagonist? FUCK YOU, YOU PLAY AS THE FAGGOT!

Let's say you might be pleasantly surprised. :M

As a demonstration of usual Cavia craziness, have a random boss. Needless to say, spoilers:

*Including screwing with the player' progress. Let's say that if you thought the trick of the original Nier was bad, this one is even more cruel. In addition, it doubles as an excellent meta anti-piracy protection.

MINOR SPOILERS ABOUT THE FINAL ENDING AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

In order to get the true ending, you require internet connection to win an otherwise impossible battle... But it will require an immense sacrifice.

is that their solution to the denuvo stuff?

It is kinda cruel, but hilarious.

Anyway i never thought of pirating this game. Ever. I piraye alot of games, butcthis aint gunna one of them. I still hope they drop all the DRM shit tho

lightbane

Arcane
Nothing to see here.

nadgodziny-26-02-17-19_178i2.jpg

I remember seeing this causing an outrage because MUH SEXISM! Nevermind the fact she's a combat bot, or that Cavia has been doing this since the original Nier.

lightbane , if you tempt me to click on SPOILERS for this one I'll swear I'll hunt you down. No offense intended bro.
I swear it. For once, I want to be surprised by a game.

Understandable. The boss video is 'safe' though, if you wish to know. Nothing more than one of the first bosses of the game, so you won't miss much. As for the second spoiler, it's not that much of a big deal as well. If you don't want to know more, watch out with Youtube.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Game sold 200k copies in Japan.

It's good or bad. I'm avoiding reviews like the plague, so spoiler-free threads like this one are the only ones I can peek. What's the consensus? Heard that the open world is a bit iffy, but nothing else.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game sold 200k copies in Japan.

It's good or bad. I'm avoiding reviews like the plague, so spoiler-free threads like this one are the only ones I can peek. What's the consensus? Heard that the open world is a bit iffy, but nothing else.
That's a solid number for this game. I have only played the demo and I liked what I played. I, too, am avoiding spoilers like the plague.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom