Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Totally, that whole encounter only has 4 checkpoints so you basically had to replay 2-3minutes of the fight until you hit one of them. Absolutely unacceptable.
Did you read what I wrote, moron? I'm aware there were checkpoints, what I have problem with is that you have to redo them all if you restart the game.
Yeah I read it. I just couldn't fathom someone saying that it actually took him 10 minutes EACH to do those 3 segments. I was naturally assuming you were physically handicapped aswell, so believe it or not my concern was genuine.

If you actually gave up on the game because you had to redo the first two sections of this fight it is a good thing you stopped playing. The second playthrough would've probably given you an aneurism.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2093463643456164014

We have some good news for owners of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780/780 Ti graphics cards: NVIDIA have been working hard to address an issue where the screen may turn white during NieR:Automata gameplay with their new driver update.

If you were unfortunately affected by this issue, please update your NVIDIA graphics drivers to version 384.94 which should stop the issue from reoccurring.

For more information, please check out the official NVIDIA website.[www.geforce.co.uk]

Thanks for your continued support. Glory to mankind.

Some people still report the white screen occuring. Haven't it tried it myself yet since I (mostly) finished the game.

Edit: Nope, white screen still happens exactly as before.

Last edited:

Tancred

Learned
Just finished tutorial, after a few teething issues game is starting to grow on me but...now I have 9S following me around everywhere and it really annoys me. Am I stuck with him for the rest of the game, or will he go away / option to dismiss him in future?

Switching his combat style to passive does not help since he still runs into the middle of fights.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I barely noticed 9s until the 2nd chapter, people get irked by the strangest things.

Revenant

I barely noticed 9s until the 2nd chapter, people get irked by the strangest things.
"Strangest things"? Give me a break. Of all the aesthetic decisions taken during N:A's development, 9S is most certainly the most offensive to a straight male player. I mean, I'm playing a videogame with over-the-top sexy loli's with swords and suddenly this fucking awkward teenager boy wearing shorts drops into action? If he goes away dies at some point, well good fucking riddance, there is no thing aesthetics wise that annoyed me like that stupid brat who, despite being a robot, seems to be unable to maintain a cool conversation with a female android. Hell, I'd kill him myself if that was a gameplay option

Dayyālu

Arcane
Now I have 9S following me around everywhere and it really annoys me. Am I stuck with him for the rest of the game, or will he go away / option to dismiss him in future?

"Strangest things"? Give me a break. Of all the aesthetic decisions taken during N:A's development, 9S is most certainly the most offensive to a straight male player. I mean, I'm playing a videogame with over-the-top sexy loli's with swords and suddenly this fucking awkward teenager boy wearing shorts drops into action?

I do agree that the original Nier had the good taste of getting the Gestalt\Replicant thing for us Westerners. But, arguably, 9S is the goddamn protagonist of the game. Even if he's an annoying twat, right until the end.

Where the heck do we get lolis in Automata, though?

Revenant

Where the heck do we get lolis in Automata, though?
Uh, that would be 2B and that other android from the space station, what's her number? I heard she was a playable character too. WTF you mean 9S is the main protagonist? Good thing I uninstalled the game long ago then. Thought that role was reserved for 2B.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Uh, that would be 2B and that other android from the space station, what's her number? I heard she was a playable character too. WTF you mean 9S is the main protagonist? Good thing I uninstalled the game long ago then. Thought that role was reserved for 2B.

Hm. It's a complex question and you don't show a particular good grasp of the subject.

2B is the face of the game, but she\it is not the protagonist, we can discuss. Plus, I'd like to live in a world where "lolis" have the chassis of 2B and A2. Would be..... interesting.

Revenant

I played as 2B for the 10 hours I've been playing the game, what do you mean she's not the protagonist? That's pretty much the definition of it (yeah, I know you get to play as the shorts-wearing whiny sissy-boy later).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
To put it simply and spoil much of the game, 2B is your foil. There are three playable characters that all have their own story to tell. Arguably, that makes three protagonists.

However...

The focus is on the 9S character's development. Why is he like this? What is his relationship to the others? Why do the things that happen to him, happen?

It's not easily explained. More than many other games, these are best experienced in their own, without outside guidance.

If they don't interest or grip you that's fine. You don't have to like everything. But the experimental storytelling is fascinating.

Tancred

Learned
Okay, so more or less seems the creepy choker-wearing poojabber is not going away so I can play alone AND is also a major character/protag to boot.

Time to uninstall. Too bad, the tutorial actually made me consider finally caving in and buying a gamepad. Will grab the soundtrack to listen to later though.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I guess looking at 2b's ass would be better but I was too busy jump-dodging everywhere to care about little fag boy, meh, just Yoko Taro trolling.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Okay, so more or less seems the creepy choker-wearing poojabber is not going away so I can play alone AND is also a major character/protag to boot.

Time to uninstall. Too bad, the tutorial actually made me consider finally caving in and buying a gamepad. Will grab the soundtrack to listen to later though.
What is a JRPG without party members following and bantering you around?

The Decline

Arcane

What is a JRPG without party members following and bantering you around?

Dragon Quest 1

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Bullshit, the protagonists are the pods.
Technically the pods are the super villain. It is only at the end that you as a player, with a fourth wall breaking section, get to [Speech/Diplomacy:100] your way to Ending E. Up until then everything the pods did was ultimately leading to the demise of every protagonist and major ally, and it was all part of the plan.

Last edited:

Mojomancer

Novice
Has this game been patched yet? I stupidly pre-ordered it thinking it would be a decent port and spent my refund window trying to get it to stop crashing.

Revenant

Dunno, never had any crashes or other issues whatsoever with an i7-2600 CPU and GTX660 Ti whatsoever on Windows 10. You must just be bad with computers.

Mojomancer

Novice
Pretty sure it didn't get any game changing patches.

Did you try FAR? Or any of the fixes included here https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nier:_Automata ?
I tried FAR and Borderless Gaming to some mild success.

FAR made the controls floaty and laggy, the dev said he fixed those issues now though so I might try the new version.

BG made it playable for a while before it stopped working entirely.

Still no patch though? It's a shame to see such a well received game become abandonware.

Thanks for the link though.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, seems they just put the game out and it will not receive any kind of support.
I'm glad I only added it to my wishlist and did not buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom