Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

hexer

After you finish all 3 arenas but not the S-rank fights though, they are optional and super duper hard... (I still cry in the corner when I remember those), the DLC's story will unfold!

hexer

Just finished Speed Star quest! Man.. what a pain in the ass that one was.
The third run was literally a photo finish

Anyway, does anyone know how to get 100% on Unit Data?
9S has to hack them or something like that?
And what's with the fishing.. I fished liked mad all over the place and only have 37% :negative:

hexer

screenshot or it didnt happen and you used the word literally wrong

Here's the screenshot. Spoilers warning!
I succeeded after 30+ attempts, I beat him by an inch.
P.S. You have to equip chips that increase movement speed

6GQSLwH.jpg

hexer

I always thought that photo finish was when they're so close to the finish line mere centimeters are separating them.
In the case of your photo, it looks like millimeters!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always thought that photo finish was when they're so close to the finish line mere centimeters are separating them.
In the case of your photo, it looks like millimeters!
You're almost right ... a photo finish is a race that's so close that the judges have to look at a photograph or video (or screenshot!) to see who won.

In other words, a photo should be involved :)

hexer

Both are a pain in the ass, unit data even more so than fishing because there are a few extra rare versions that spawn in place of the regular enemies, but rarely. I gave up and looked for a guide because otherwise have fun resetting the map and looking in every nook and cranny for a fucker with a different colour without even knowing if it can even spawn where you're looking.

Man, I didn't realize how MUCH of the content I missed until I equipped the Item Scan chip

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, it's never been lower than 30 yuro afaik, I wouldn't classify that as heavy sales. Been at 60 for most of the time too, including now, almost 2 years after release.

hexer

The game is considered a huge success. Square Enix wouldn't tweet about sales numbers it if they weren't proud of them.
I mean, even the Square Enix CEO is a hidden boss in the DLC.

I read in an interview, with Takahisa Taura I believe, how they planned on selling 1 million copies so this is above and beyond.
Also, Platinum Games co-founder said the game saved the studio
https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/14/nier-automata-and-yoko-taro-saved-platinum-games-says-kamiya/

Ivan

Arcane
Damn, I've heard the rumors about a GOTY edition but I kinda want to pick this up during the Xmas sale. Hopefully the GOTY coincides with the sale....

Suicidal

Arcane
Yeah I'll likely pull the trigger myself in the upcoming Christmas sale. A Steam rating of "Overwhelmingly Positive" can't just be ascribed to skirt physics alone, can it?

It can actually

"96% of 13570 user reviews for this game are positive" :negative:

In Nier's case the game is actually good, though.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah I'll likely pull the trigger myself in the upcoming Christmas sale. A Steam rating of "Overwhelmingly Positive" can't just be ascribed to skirt physics alone, can it?
It can be ascribed to retarded fanbase.

hexer

So they're dropping the price for the base game + DLC from $74 to $40?
I already have the DLC and I've seen that artwork before so there's little incentive for me to pick it up.
They should have at least included the soundtrack!

I haven't had any technical difficulties but they should fix bugs if some players get them.
Maybe they'll do it but without any fanfares, Japanese devs feel shame regarding their bugs .. unlike some Western/Russian devs.

Speaking of the soundtrack, I found a Japanese version of theme song "Weight of the World".
It sounds as if the singer is crying at the end and they left it in!
Unique stuff like that should be in the GotY!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
English pres release for GotY edition. February 26th for both platform and the price will be $40:

NIER:AUTOMATA GAME OF THE YORHA EDITION COMES TO PLAYSTATION 4 AND STEAM IN FEBRUARY

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 11, 2018)
– SQUARE ENIX® announced today that the award-winning post-apocalyptic action role-playing game (RPG)NieR:Automata™ is returning to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM® as NieR:Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition on February 26, 2019.

NieR_Yorha_PS4_Beauty_US_550px(1).jpg

The NieR:Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition features the base game, alongside exciting digital content, including the 3C3C1D119440927 Expansion DLC, four pod designs (Grimoire Weiss Pod, Retro Grey Pod Skin, Retro Red Pod Skin, and Cardboard Pod Skin) and the Machine Mask Accessory. Those who purchase the PlayStation®4 system version will also receive an all-new Dynamic Theme, a set of 15 PlayStation™Network avatars featuring characters from the game, and the Play Pod and amazarashi Pod skins. Those who purchase on STEAM will receive two new wallpapers and the in-game Valve Accessory.

With over 3.5 million shipments and digital sales since its initial release, NieR:Automata received critical acclaim across the globe for its deep, captivating storyline from Director YOKO TARO, award-winning soundtrack by Keiichi Okabe, and fantastic blend of action-packed high-speed 60fps battles. Developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc., the title delivers the perfect mix of action and RPG gameplay in a beautifully desolate open world as players battle as androids 2B, 9S and A2 in the fight to reclaim the world for their human creators.

NieR:Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition is releasing on February 26 for the PlayStation®4 system and STEAM for $39.99. This title is rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at http://www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

hexer

What's a Valve Accessory?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom