Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Port will be utter trash.

Oh that music though...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
nier-automata_201608_9ds1c.jpg

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Port will be utter trash.

Oh that music though...

Actually Metal Gear Rising had a damn fine port for PC.

You needed to use a controller, but it was a damn fine port otherwise.

Hah, imagine if you made a choice that took you towards the best ending and all of a sudden the game minimized and a Windows UAC prompt showed up. What would you do? Would you allow it?

Puukko

Arcane
Platinum games have all been solid on the technical side from my understanding, and MGR:R was indeed a good port, so I have little reason to doubt the port's quality.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Anyway, can I just say how fucking RELIEVED I am that this is getting a PC port?

I'm too old to justify buying a console for one game and I'd probably end up watching a Lets Play instead if there was no PC version. Imagine that?

Martius

Liturgist
Platinum released 4 of their games on steam, first three (Rising, Korra and Transformers) are decent ports. Sadly I heard mixed opinion about their TMNT but hopefully because it was Activision wanted out licensed game week before new movie. Looks like Square gave them more time so that should not be a problem.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
And the other unnanounced From Software Sony exlusive games

BB was only exclusive because that was the only way sony would give them access to the new devkit.

No, Sony has contracted From Software to make 3 other Sony exclusive titles.

Source?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183719726

You can believe it or not, but the guy has a history of leaking insider information which has come to be true. This was from 2015.

And this is more recent http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/e3_2016_dark_souls_dev_from_softwares_making_three_new_games
it doesn't confirm any systems, but if the leaks are correct then at least two of those are the supposed Sony exclusives by From Software.

Perkel

Arcane
And the other unnanounced From Software Sony exlusive games

BB was only exclusive because that was the only way sony would give them access to the new devkit.

Nah they have contract with Sony on 3 exclusive games (kind of like That Game company Flower, flow, journey)

edit: eh didn't saw hoboelf response.

Either way they are doing right now for 99% Bloodbourne 2 and for a while this will be their only DS like game.

Perkel

Arcane
Not Bloodborne 2. Miyazaki said they are working on a successor to BB so probably not a sequel but a similar game.

We both know that after DS finish they will work on BB. Though it still might be Deamon's Souls 2 since Sony holds IP but then their DS quit for multiple years would seem idiotic as this is basically same game (especially DS3 to DeS)

Doesn't Sony have the rights to BB? Unlikely that they will work on a PS4 exclusive game. At least I hope so since I'm not buying a PS4 until a console manages 60 fps.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was an interview where Saito says that the game is 25+ hours. You don't have to do side quests to beat the game but there are different endings and you might want to complete side quests for the best one. There are simple "go get this item" quests and longer quests that tell their own stories.

Martius

Liturgist
That sounds a bit long unless that counts multiplier endings? I think Nier and rest of Yoko Taro games had more than one each.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom